Posts by Myramyd

I heard it was made using American Standard Strat parts but assembled in Mexico.

How usable are the alternate tunings? I have an older Variax and while convenient the alt tunings have major digital artifacts--very noticeable on a recording, along with a bad latency.

J

Yeah, I've tried several cables with the same results and placing the loop at different points. It's seems to clearly be a hardware issue at this point.

Contacted support and they told me to exchange it. It's on it's way back to AMS today. Hopefully I won't have to wait to long for the replacement unit--I was just getting started! :(

Luckily it should ship out as soon as UPS confirms this one has shipped back to them.

J

One more note I suppose:

Coming back to the unit and turning it on a few hours later, turning on the loop again it starts out clean (but reduced in volume) then slowly degrades into more and more distortion and lower volume until it's almost all distortion and low volume.

And yes...I tried Loop Mono, Loop Stereo, and Loop Distortion and they are all the same. Loop Stereo is very bad in fact--distortion on left and right with very dramatic reduced volume.

Any ideas what I should try? Should I just contact Support instead of posting here?

I had hoped to use this for my three gigs this weekend, if I can get this resolved.

J

Hello Everyone,

Just unboxed my Kemper (sounds amazing so far!) and after trying out lots of amps, I decided to hook up my Eventide PitchFactor to test out the effects loop. At first there was no sound at all, then after wiggling a cable on the PitchFactor the sound came on but there was a harsh digital clipping/distortion/static/noise sound that is present on the effects loop regardless of which amp I choose.

To test it out, I put a different patch cable straight from the Direct Out/Send back to the Return Input with nothing in between--distortion still there.

Tried sending a cable from the Direct Out into a mixer and no distortion.

Tried plugging a guitar directly into the Return Input with the loop on and I can hear the distortion.

I didn't try it before upgrading to the latest OS (1.5.4.7945) so, I don't know if the distortion was there before upgrading it or not. It previously has OS 1.0.9.7426 on it.

It came from FedEx today from American Musical Supply and the box was stapled--I assume from the factory so, I know it's not been opened before.

What should I do? I really hope I don't have to send it to be repaired already! I do intend to use this live so, the effects loop is an absolute must.

I did have the PitchFactor on Line level so, I am worried I blew out the input? I don't see anything in the manuals regarding whether the effects loop takes -10dB or +4dB effects or where to change those settings if it doesn't. I also tried a Boss Chorus pedal and the distortion was still present.

Thanks,
    John