Posts by Raoul23

Patience people!!!!! all these things will come soon I'm sure of it just enjoy how good the KPA is and relish the new feature as they are released

Another weekend comes around and so more gigging for me. Every time I plug my KPA in I just can't believe how good it really is. But beyond this CK is really giving us users everything we want. Everyone has been asking for a pitch shifter and CK and the crew are making it happen next weekend for us to try at Musikmesse. I know there are a few things we are all waiting for foot controller, performance mode etc, but slowly and surely CK is answering our prayers with all the features we ask for by adding them. I see a few people moan when a new feature is arriving in a new firmware, but something they want is added. Just appreciate everything we have so far and extras that are to come. For £1250 what can you buy that sounds this good, is this versatile and has everything a guitarist needs in one simple box....... There is not, so relax enjoy the ride and appreciate everything the Kemper team are doing :thumbup:

Just got tweeted by Kemeper about Musikmesse and a littel article about the new Firmware coming with a PITCHSHIFTER which will be available to try there!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Many of my purchased Amp Factory profiles are clipping the input. Stock profiles and others downloaded from the Rig Exchange do not. What is the best way to adjust this? I believe my Clean Sense and Distorted Sense are at default settings, 5.0 and 0.0 respectively.

I must say I've found this too. All I did was turn the volume for each preset down this seemed too fix it but I did wonder why all my amp factory ones did this

Interesting point Deny.I wonder where the latency is introduced within the DRX? Is there some dsp going on? Would this apply to all similar speakers? Or maybe all speaker drivers have a natural latency.

Last nite I was gigging with my setup and really tried to listen/feel the latency but I just could I think people are worrying to much about this :)

Wow, how do you manage to play Guns N Roses with 3 members? That's impressive. My band has 4 members and we cover Night Train, I do vocals and lead guitar, I couldn't imagine not having the second guitar in there.

Im lead guitarist and lead vox. We play Welcome to the jungle and Sweet Child Of Mine. The secret is all down to arranging. I pick the main/best bit from both guitar parts and play it like that. Go check us out on facebook we are called "The Floating Greyhounds" one or two songs we play that have main keyboard parts in the original song, we use a click track :thumbup:

I do that often, but on those kind of stages you normally have to rely on the house monitoring system (that is permanent) when you move around, even having a mic'd full stack bhind you would not make much a difference when you move to the singer on stagefront 20ft away from your corner.....

You must have some big stages and clubs where you come from. Even if you were playing wembly stadium I wouldn't think your back line would be much more than 9FT away from you :P

Like I've said, latencies are cumulative so 2.2ms (DXR) + 3.5ms (KPA) = 5.7ms which is roughly the same as standing 6ft away from the speaker. Now the perceived distance and the real distance are also cumulative, which means that if you're standing 5ft from your speaker it will really feel like standing 11ft away from it. I start feeling disconnected at 15ft, so with that setup that distance gets reduced by to 9ft (15ft - 6ft), which is more than I'm willing to take - IMHO of course.

I've never played a gig where my amp has been 9ft away from me. I think you should go into the local music shop and try these out see how you feel with them. I think you will be very impressed :thumbup:

I don't mean to piss on your parade but I'm a bit paranoid about latency so I wrote Yamaha and asked what the figures are on the DRX and it's 2.2ms which is a little too much for my tastes. Yes I know, that's the same as standing 2ft farther from the speaker, but remember, latency is cumulative and the KPA already introduces like 3.5ms.

Well I've been playing for 22 years and can't hear any latency when I play through them. They react just like all my other guitar amps have since I've been in a band. I can't detect 3.2ms of delay!!!!!

Guys who use DXR,s I,d rneally like to know what style music you play and a short list of your fav profiles.

I play anything from Guns and Roses to Nickelback, Pink Floyd to Snow Patrol. All the profiles I use are ones I've brought from Andy44 at The Amp Factory. His profiles are ACE I tweak them just small bit if any. I brought the Amp Pack 2 bundle and a few single profiles Mesa Triple rect and Blackstar ones

Everyday I wake up thinking is the new update coming !!!! I'm hoping it comes when the floorboard does as well cause I'm desperate for that really desperate!!!.

If CK gives us a pitch shift ill be over the moon as well be nice to use in some solo's