Posts by lightbox

You've done so many profiles from e.g. the Marshall JMP 1959 HW.
    I'm pretty sure you can easily pick 3-4 profiles you liked best, prepare some stomp slots, reverb, delay (even if you keep them switched off) and just add them in a separate folder to the product download. It's just a service for those who want to have some instant "ear candy". If they like it, they can always dig deeper in the extensive profile collection from the other folder.

It's not about "sell less profiles", it's about "make the very first impression more attractive and easy".

But of course it's up to you, how you handle this. But if you would like to buy 5 of my photos with 10 different exposures and color corrections each, I wouldn't just send you the pile of photos. I would certainly pick my favourite ones and put them on top of the pile.

Cheers,
    Martin

Geraldo, with all due respect ... I think pointing out "poor musicians" is not a good way to see things. There are many "poor photographers" having a hard time to earn a living in a very very bad market.

Travel to some far away destination, wait for the right weather, get up at 3:00am, hike to the top of a mountain, wait for the sunrise, take some nice pictures ... and then hope for some postcard manufacturer at home to buy your image for 40 Euro. Most of the time you won't sell, because there are so many image pools selling pictures for 2 Euros each. Tell me how you can possibly earn your expenses in such a bad market? And as soon as you start to present your work on your website to do some self marketing or advertise your work in some way, stealing will start immediately. It's just as bad as the music market for most. ;)

You were stealing others' work and it's their right to charge more than a regular license fee would have cost.
    We can discuss the amount asked for by this specific guy, and your lawyer will help to get this down to a reasonable level. I'm not defending this specific guy. But you can't expect anything like "donate something to a charity", imho.

Armin, I think you know that I really like your profiles a lot and I have already bought a lot.

But ... :)

I understand some of the remarks others wrote here. No, I'm not talking about your pricing structure. What I want to point out are 2 issues I have with your profiles.

1. The sheer amount of profiles can easily frighten to death if you upload them to your KPA and then scroll through the almost endless list of profiles with more or less cryptic names. It's a matter of usability and a matter of how your client feels the very first moments he's looking at / listening to your profiles. There's never a second chance for a first impression. :) Maybe you can make it easier for your customers if you just select a few profiles, make them nice rigs and then provide them in a separate folder. This way we can upload your "selection" first and see what we actually like best .... and then go into more detail (if necessary) and pick from the folder with all the detailled profile variations.

2. I don't know about your business, but maybe you're more or less a one man show and you already struggle with lots of work to be done. So you chose ShareIt as your sales channel ... which requires you to provide fixed profile packs or bundles. So currently it's not possible to provide some sort of customization of the rig packs/bundles to individual needs.
    For example: If I would like to get all your Fender Amp packs, this would mean to select 8 different packs spread across 4 of your bundle offers. So you either pay 160 Euro for these 8 individual packs, or you buy 4 bundles for 280 Euro.
    Imho, it would be way more attractive if there was some sort of "Buy 5 packs of your choice for 70 Euro, buy 10 packs of your choice for 120 Euro"?
    Again, it's not so much about your pricing structure, you've put a lot of work in your profile packs. It's more about how your potential clients can get their choice of amps for a still reasonable price. Hope you understand what I mean by this. :)

As a final word, I think the first bullet point is the most important one because it helps A LOT to "smoothen" the first contact with your extensive profile collections.

Cheers,
    Martin

Just another company. Just another rip-off.

Let someone try to come across as harsh as you are:

Sell your KPA, get a competitors product, so you find some peace ... and we as well. ;)
    As was said before: Most of the users are VERY happy with this amazing product. But they are not as vocal as those who try to make it look like a desaster ready for Wolf Blitzer's Situation Room on CNN.

Just my few cents,
    Martin

... and never underestimate the power of headphones in terms of keeping good relationship with the neighborhood :thumbup: (just kidding, I'm not as bad as it sounds)

Wow, didn't think about internet speed. So I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll get it soon ... and follow your Youtube channel. :)

A whole new world of possibilities will open up for you (and us :D ). For example uStream sessions, which should be even better than Skype sessions for a bigger crowd. Anyway, I'm very curious now what you'll come up with, hehe.

I would have done these kind of things already if I only could play guitar a little better. But my black toaster helps me practice more than ever. :)

lightbox: I love it how you guys would climb over mountains to justify what the team is doing. No offense.

Don't worry, I don't feel offended. :) I just have many years experience with bug hunting and collaboration with QA and Dev on complex products. Sometimes these guys get bombed with reports and few of them contain the necessary details to quickly reproduce the issue. In my case it's a huge software company with an impressing head count, so they have enough staff just to care about the beta testers <-> QA/Dev relationship. The Kemper team is WAY smaller and as guitarnet70 pointed out, they've been in Frankfurt this week. Just be a bit patient and use the added time to provide a good example if you can. It makes things so much easier. :) Luckily it's not a matter of life or death, hehe.

One of the potential problems you have with support could easily be your own fault. ;)
    If you have issues, make sure you describe as good as you can, give all details (which rig, which guitar/pups, etc.). Give an example to reproduce the issue, accompanied by a short recording of the issue you have. Everything that makes it easier and faster for support or dev to understand what you're talking about and to reproduce makes the process easier and faster for everyone. Bug hunting often is a pain not only for us customers. :)

It's impossible to tell THE Joe Bonamassa rig, there's just no such thing not even for one complete tour. He changes often. For example in March he did some gigs in Netherlands. He had his Silver Jubilees of course, that's probably the only set gear. But he didn't have the Victoria amps there, not the Category 5 amp, even not the Van Weelden Twinkleland. He actually had one Friedmann Dirty Shirley and a white Diaz Vibramaster. I can't imagine Joe selling his gear any time soon. He's got as much GAS as one individual can have.

So don't try to follow him (his gear selection) exactly all the time. It will make you crazy after a short period of time. :)

... I'm curious to know (if possible) at what stage we are now ...

I would guess there's still one year of substantial additions and improvements to come for our KPA and its environment. But I'm sure, CK already has a secret drawer with a collection of ideas for the next generation. I wouldn't expect anything KPA II before 2015 though ... and I'll be a very happy lunchbox user at least until then or even longer. :)