Posts by lightbox

No, it doesn't, unless you switch to compatibility mode.

1. Error messages I get with compatibility mode off when I try to submit a post:
    "The data you have entered is invalid. Please check the information you have given by the marked fields."
    "Please enter the required information for this field."

2. The editor sticks in "Source code" mode, I can't switch to "Editor" mode, when compatibility mode is off.

There is an issue, for sure.

Hi guys, I just want to bring this topic to Kemper's attention again, because it is a serious issue for studio work.

1. Many studios run 48kHz and can't switch down to 44.1kHz when using the KPA with S/PDIF.
    This applies for all studios that work in the broadcast business, and they (me included) have serious trouble for that reason.
    Also, sample rate conversion is a can of worms in terms of sound. Would be great to avoid this by all means.

2. No studio can afford to synchronize on external gear. It's a huge problem that the KPA's S/PDIF is MASTER only!
    I've done quite a bit of research and there isn't any kind of "synchronizer" on the market that could fix this issue.

I would really like to know ...

a. If Kemper is aware of the above issues and
    b. if Kemper is in the process of finding a solution in some way or another.

Thanks,
    Martin

After updating my Windows 7 system on Microsoft's patch day, I noticed that Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 10.
    This update renders this forum unusable (can't post, trying to do so results in an error message) unless you know how to switch your IE browser to compatibility mode.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Cheers,
    Martin

I'm happy as well, no doubt about that.
    But I'm keen to try some Bonamassa sound, e.g. to combine a distorted Marshall with a dumblish Carol Ann. I'm really curious and since there hasn't been any word from CK, if mixing 2 amp profiles would ever be possible in one box ... I'll just try it the easy but expensive way. There's the 30 days money back guarantee from Thomann, so there's no risk if I don't like it. :)

Cheers,
    Martin

I've seriously considered buying 2 Kempers for this very reason. The kpa is so good, it really would be like running te original Amps in stereo.

I'm considering the same.
    Today I was trying the Korg Kronos X 88, because I thought I need a new workstation keyboard. But to be honest, I wasn't blown away at all, so I saved quite a few bucks. Now I have to sleep one night before I pull the plug and go for a second KPA.

SteelEdge:
    Could you do all folks a huge favour and record some random noodling with one or two stereo configurations as long as you still have both?
    Just to give us reason or excuse. :D

Cheers,
    Martin

I could ask you the same simple question. ;)
    It has been widely understood that there's no such thing as perfect software protection.
    And I can't see a reason to even try to make this protected for a couple of weeks or months.

If you share your rigs for free, just live with the fact that others will use them in one way or another. That's the spirit of it, right? Don't care about the tags shown inside others' lunchboxes, you can't really control that anyway ... and by the way, there's no benefit for you if it's protected somehow. Those who want to hack it, will do. And those who do respect your content/work will have the right means to make sure you won't be forgotten.

Anyway, I could write an hour but in the end it all comes down to what it is: Trust. You don't trust? Don't share and don't sell. There's always those bad guys.
    Copy protection is just a myth to calm those who can't trust. Just give a shit about those who want to fool others. It's your way of thinking that matters, not the technology to give doubtful protection.

Respect towards the work of others isn't earned and secured by adding another layer of complexity and hindrance to the system.
    That's something that has been learned by many who thought otherwise in the last couple of years.

I totally respect the work of all profilers and rig makers ... and I've already spent a lot of money to get their work licensed.
    But I'm all against this cryptographic BS in the KPA environment, sorry.

Just my opinion,
    Martin

Which profiles would you guys recommend for a generally nice clean sound? Something that works well with a strat and LP, along the lines of a fender. Currently using the free twin reverb profile

As someone else stated before, the 1963 Fender Vibrolux Brownface from TAF is probably the best profiled amp so far. It has the most beautiful tone and break up I can imagine, just plain fun to play.
    It's part of the Vintage & Rare Amp Collection, which is a real bargain when you see the content and its quality.

Nice demo track:
    http://www.soundcloud.com/davi…/kemper-profiling-amp-amp

Cheers,
    Martin

And I just want to add that Armin has a lot of gems as well, but they are a bit hard to discover,
    not always "plug'n'play". The profiles are great but the rig must be completed and polished first.

Also, his product presentation doesn't do the quality of his profiling work any justice.
    A talented amp profiler isn't necessarily a talented web designer. :D

I've been thinking about "folders" as well, but in the end I felt this would be to fixed in many ways.

Instead I would prefer to have two custom use tag fields which I could use to e.g. define my guitar preference in tag field 1 and my music style preference in tag field 2 of any given rig. Not sure if these custom use tag fields could contain more than one entry without killing the software developers at Kemper.

Basically I would like to suggest not to use some physical storage structure like folders in the file system, but instead make use of the potential strengths of meta tags. Makes it way more flexible for us individuals ... as long as rig providers like Andy and Armin etc. leave these tags empty.

Any thoughts?
    Martin

PS: These tag fields should be used to filter/select rigs on the KPA with appropriate menu design, of course.

My new Rack Profiler came with only the Basics & Profiling Guide. It says, on certain topics, to refer to the Reference Manual. Was this an oversight, that it didn't come with my unit, or where can I find it?

Check the Download area of the Kemper website. You'll find the "User Manuals" link.
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/pag…mplifier___Downloads.html

Reason to not ship a printed manual is the frequent updates of the KPA, that would make printed reference obsolete within 1 or 2 months.

When you press and hold down the Master button, ...

Wow, it took me a few months to understand why every now and then you guys are talking about a "Master" button where there isn't any button called "Master" on the lunchbox at all.

I own the dark "blackface" version and as I said above ... no Master button!
    Now I watched an image of the "whiteface" or "silverface" and wow, there the "Output" button is called "Master".

How (and why) could this have happened?