Posts by lightbox

If it is true, why do so many people use boost on their amp taking up a slot?

Either of the below (or a combination of it)?

• They just don't know it's basically the same (for a pure booster)
    • They want that extra boost switchable instead of reaching for the Gain knob or morph it
    • They want to add a certain color to their boost (either some added grit via an overdrive or e.g. a treble booster)
    • They want to boost into another stomp pre stack

I was looking at the focusrite 18i20

This interface has an onboard (software controlled) DSP mixer and it also features standalone mode.

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of their Focusrite Control software ... but don't worry too much about my opinion.

I'm sure you can do everything you need once you get your head around that software and how it works. I'm an old audio engineering fart and I think differently in terms of what I want to see when I deal with a software controlled DSP mixer with lots of I/O channels. :)

Yes you can, if your interface has an onboard DSP mixer or similar. Some interfaces can even run in standalone mode so you don't even have to switch on your computer. More info if you tell us brand/model of your audio interface.

and what about If set a complete empty profile (no cab, amp, all off) and I feed Kemper whit spdif from daw and feed Amp with direct out "git analog"?

Read again, I've made the important part bold letters.

You can't "generate" an unmodified analog (HiZ) signal from a digital input source.

I would like to know if you use the kemper as a reamp box to send a DI track from the DAW to a real amp.

It's not possible. All the Profiler analog outputs are line level, low impedance outputs (roughly 600 Ohms) while electric guitar signals typically have an output impedance 15 times as high.

The one and only exception is Direct Output set to "Git Analog" where the unmodified analog signal from your guitar (Front Input) is split out before the AD stage of the Profiler.

In other words, you can't convert a line level signal into a high impedance signal using the Profiler.

why should the author appear as a comment?

I was just refering to the default column layout which shows "Comment" but not "Author".

In these comments you'll find (see) e.g. Michael Britt, Guidorist, Guido Bungenstock, The Amp Factory, Lars Luettge, etc. easily :)

But still, it should be easy to find by searching for rmpacheco, of course

The fact that it stopped when you used another guitar (the SSS one) makes me wonder if the HH loaded guitars have microphonic pickups and you only ran into this issue when you played at volume. Of course I'm just guessing but the combination of an SSS guitar (likely less output) with less microphonic pickups as opposed to the HH guitars (likely more output) with more microphonic pickups might explain it.

Hook up your guitars one by one, turn up the volume to something similar like you had on stage and instead of playing, mute the strings and just knock with your knuckles on the body / pickups of your guitars. Any significant difference?

I checked both Factory content 8.0 and Kemper legacy and didn't see AC20 from rm pacheco.

Sadly they didn't at least keep the nickname rmpacheco in the rig comment. He is only present as the "Author". This column isn't shown by default. To add to the confusion it got a different rig name: 2011 More Gain AC20

With the above being said, you can of course delete performances stored in your Local Library and its custom subfolders (in Rig Manager).

There you don't have this fixed "always 125 performances" scheme.

Have you checked sample rate and sync?

• Sample Rate must be same on Profiler and RME, e.g. both set to 44.1kHz or both set to 48kHz.
    • RME and Kemper must be synced properly, on "older" Profilers you need to make sure that the Profiler is the sync master while the RME syncs to its S/PDIF input (slaved). Newer Profilers (built from around mid 2019 I think) can be slaved to the audio interface so the RME can stay sync master.

Consider a dual amp setup. It can add lots of depth to your sound. I've made a quick video demo regarding dual amp, maybe it helps even if it's not made specifically for hair metal.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Das weiss ich, aber Manual sagt explizit "2 separate TS Jacks", das bedeutet die Inputs sind auch für TS gedacht....oder interpretiere ich es falsch?

Das bezieht sich auf diesen einleitenden Satz:

Die Funktion „Auxiliary Input“ erlaubt es, ein Stereo-Signal z. B. von einem MP3-Player zuzuspielen und dieses mit dem Instrument zu begleiten.

Ein MP3-Player oder ähnliches hat natürlich keine symmetrischen Ausgänge wie z.B. ein Mischpult oder Audio Interface. Der Stereo-Kopfhörer-Ausgang von MP3-Playern muss dann mit einem Y-Kabel von stereo auf 2 mal mono (unsymmetrisches TS) gesplittet werden.

Asymmetrisch / Symmetrisch hat erstmal nix mit mono / stereo zu tun.

Versuch einer kurzen Erklärung:

1. Ein normales Gitarrenkabel ist mono und asymmetrisch (TS / Tip & Sleeve). Gewissermaßen die simpelste elektrische Übertragung von Mono-Audio über 2 Drähte.
    2. Ein Mikrofonkabel (XLR) ist ebenfalls Mono, hat aber 3 Drähte und ist symmetrisch. Diese Art elektrischer Übertragung von Mono-Audio hat den Vorteil, dass sie externe Einstreuungen z.B. von parallel laufenden Stromkabeln verhindert ... durch die symmetrische Signalführung via Ausgangs- und Eingangsübertrager.
    3. Line Level Signale können ebenfalls symmetrisch übertragen werden (über XLR oder TRS / Tip, Ring, Sleeve). Die symmetrischen Klinkenkabel sehen zwar aus wie Kopfhörerkabel ... sind aber wie XLR Kabel für (symmetrisches) Mono-Audio gedacht.

Ein Kopfhörer hat zwar ebenfalls TRS / Tip, Ring, Sleeve ... nutzt diese 3 Drähte aber nicht für symmetrische Übertragung, sondern für die asymmetrische Übertragung von 2 Audiosignalen (links/rechts).