Posts by VictorRattlehead

Well guys.

I feel like a colossal idiot. I put headphones on and didnt really hear the problem too much. I still heard it slightly. I lifted my headphones and turned off my guitar to hear if the strings were what I was hearing. So then I turned my KPA up louder than I usually play and the problem was mostly gone. I now focused on the strings and It was becoming pretty clear that it was the strings I was hearing and not some malfunction of the Transpose function.

So as a final test I did a recording to see if the problem was heard in the recording. The recording sounded great with no problems at all!

All along is was simple operator error on my part.

You guys called it right! It is the strings that we are hearing. I dont know why I didnt pick up on it before. Because we are not down tuning the guitars physically but altering the tone in the KPA the strings still ring out in standard or whatever tuning you are in and it creates that harmony like note when using the Transpose function in lower volumes. When you play louder or record and dont hear the string ring out its accurate and works amazing!

Thanks guys!

Hi everyone. I am having a slight problem here.

Okay I had a little over 900 profiles on my usb stick. I saved about 470 to favorites and I deleted all the rest of the unwanted profiles. I then saved a backup copy of my newly selected favs. I then decided to add about 45 new profiles to my USB stick. When I inserted it into my Kemper it re-uploaded all of the previous 900 profiles that I deleted previously so I had to go back and delete them all over again. Thankfully all my favs were still selected but I noticed that even though I choose to delete the unwanted profiles they remained on my usb stick. I thought they would be deleted permanently. Do I have to always delete them all over each time I want to add just a few profiles? Maybe I'm not doing something right. I appreciate any advice please. Thanks!

I posted this in another thread talking about the Tranpose. I'll post it here as well.

I am very frustrated with the Transpose. When I play I hear the transposed note say a half step down. On top of that note I hear a higher note, almost like a harmony, I dont want that. I want it to sound as though I detuned my guitar. I was hoping there were some settings to take care of this issue like with the pitch stuff but theres not. There is the 'smooth chords' option but it doesnt solve the problem i'm having.

I play alot of Metal and it would be great to play some songs that require alternate tunings but for me its useless do to it sounding like a 2 note harmony rather than a nice cohesive downtuning. Maybe something is wrong with my install? Anyone else having the same issue? Maybe thats just how its supposed to be. I dont know.

I've been using Transpose for an hr or so playing along with Collective Soul half step down and it sounds great.

Ya need to crank it up a bit to get over the sound of your strings that's probably what some are hearing.

I'm only doing -1 and -2 it's all good. :thumbup:

I am very frustrated with the Transpose. When I play I hear the transposed note say a half step down. On top of that note I hear a higher note, almost like a harmony, I dont want that. I want it to sound as though I detuned my guitar. I was hoping there were some settings to take care of this issue like with the pitch stuff but theres not. There is the 'smooth chords' option but it doesnt solve the problem i'm having.

I play alot of Metal and it would be great to play some songs that require alternate tunings but for me its useless do to it sounding like a 2 note harmony rather than a nice cohesive downtuning. Maybe something is wrong with my install? Anyone else having the same issue? Maybe thats just how its supposed to be. I dont know.

Thats exactly whats happening with me. Is this how the Transpose function is supposed to work? I was hoping this would be my answer to playing in various tunings without having to tune my guitars. I play alot of metal and the transpose function would be an incredible tool to have but I cant really use it since that second tone is there and I cant get rid of it.

Hi everyone. I have another Transpose question if you dont mind. When I useTranspose it sounds cool but that second harmony pitch kind of ruins it for me, especially when playing power chords. It doesnt really sound like a true downtuning. Is there a way to make the tone more uniform and less like two notes blended together? Do u need an expression pedal to properly use it?

Thanks for any help

When I use the Transpose setting it sounds ok but that second harmony pitch kind of ruins it for me. It doesnt really sound like a true downtuning. Is there a way to make the tone more uniform and less like two notes blended together? Do u need an expression pedal to properly use it?

Thanks for any help.

Hi everyone.

I need some help please. I cant figure out how to use the transpose function. I see it on my screen and its selected but how do I configure its parameters to transpose? Do I need an expression pedal to control it? I know you do for the pitch shifting so I am ordering one. In the meantime I was hoping to try out the transpose.

Thanks for any help.

Hi everyone.

I need some help please. I cant figure out how to use the transpose function. I see it on my screen and its selected but how do I configure its parameters to transpose? Do I need an expression pedal to control it? I know you do for the pitch shifting so I am ordering one. In the meantime I was hoping to try out the transpose.

Thanks for any help.

Huge Nevermore here! You did a fantastic job and that tone sounds killer!

Are you going to share this profile?

The Kemper metal community is lucky to have someone like yourself creating some cool metal profiles for all of us. Everything I have heard from you is amazing and I'm very excited to see what else you have in store.

thanks

Oh....My...Freakin....Lord!!!!!!!

That pack will be mine! I already have the Amp Factory's metal pack and I will glady welcome your metal amp pack to my collection as well! You can never have too many killer metal amp profiles in my opinion. Any idea of when you might release it? I'll keep my eye out for it.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work!

I would like to see the Kemper implement FOLDERS. I would like user defined folders so I can have something like Bass, Hi-Gain, Effects, Band specific, Clean, etc. Whatever I wanted to name them and easily add the cooresponding folders in and out of the folders. Then you have the simple control of listing your folders much like in the VIEWS button but instead of All rigs, favorites etc it would list all of your folders you made and you can easily find the profiles you are looking for nice and fast. That would go a long way to organizing your profiles. There has to be a way to get simple better organization like that.

I think this needs to implemented within the Kemper and in an editor/librarian of some sort so we could manage everything and make folders on the computer. Save to Usb and import our new folders with profiles into the Kemper. Something like the Axe Fx Axe-edit only one that works! :)

There is a new post going on at the TGP about KPA and the FXII and a user posted the below comment? I was wondering if its true what he said? I thought you can separate the amp from the cab and replace it. Am I wrong?

http://mail.theaudioforum.net/…read.php?t=1225780&page=2

"I much prefer the ability to separate the amp from the cabinet. The second time I bought a KPA it was largely to see if that had changed. It had not. You cannot separate the cab from the amp. It does some sort of trick to create the illusion, but its not a real separation. At this point in time, thats important to me."

I'm also on 1.6 and to my ears it never sounded better! Everytime I play it its like I'm having an eargasm! My KPA is truly the best thing thats ever happened to my guitar playing. I have gotten better at guitar, I play alot more, I tweak far less than I did on my old AxeFxII. Its just amazing and there arent enough words to describe how amazing it is.

Thanks CK for inventing the KPA and all of your dedication and hard work! Keep up the great job!