TRANSPOSE - I need some help please - PROBLEM SOLVED!

• Hi everyone.

I need some help please. I cant figure out how to use the transpose function. I see it on my screen and its selected but how do I configure its parameters to transpose? Do I need an expression pedal to control it? I know you do for the pitch shifting so I am ordering one. In the meantime I was hoping to try out the transpose.

Thanks for any help.

• Hi everyone. I have another Transpose question if you dont mind. When I useTranspose it sounds cool but that second harmony pitch kind of ruins it for me, especially when playing power chords. It doesnt really sound like a true downtuning. Is there a way to make the tone more uniform and less like two notes blended together? Do u need an expression pedal to properly use it?

Thanks for any help

• Hi everyone. I have another Transpose question if you dont mind. When I useTranspose it sounds cool but that second harmony pitch kind of ruins it for me, especially when playing power chords. It doesnt really sound like a true downtuning. Is there a way to make the tone more uniform and less like two notes blended together? Do u need an expression pedal to properly use it?

Thanks for any help

I didn't update to 1.8 already so I can check it by myself but I assume that if you turn the mix knob to full you should only hear the transposed pitch. My two cents.

• There is a "smooth chords" checkbox at the top left of the transpose parameter screen. Use the soft button above it to engage and see if it sounds closer to what you're looking for.

• Thanks guys. I tried both of your suggestions and unfortunately they didnt work. Maybe this is just the nature of the transpose function. It sure would be great if it sounded like you really downtuned your guitar.

Thanks for any help

Hi,

I'm having almost similar experience with Transpose.
    When I change pitch I get not only the changed note but at the same time also the unaltered note - both notes at equal volume.

If I select pitch 1 (plus or minus) it sounds like very modern jazz :D and not at all like a guitar stepped up/down a half tone.
    If I select a more harmonic pitch it sounds quite cool - but still two notes at the same time.
    Almost like there is a hitten "mix knob" blending both the unaltered note with the pitch transposed note at almost equal volumen.

I have tried system reset and also reinstalled the firmware. No change - and same behavior no matter what Rig I use Transpose in.

Any suggestions ?

Best regards
    Henrik

• Thats exactly whats happening with me. Is this how the Transpose function is supposed to work? I was hoping this would be my answer to playing in various tunings without having to tune my guitars. I play alot of metal and the transpose function would be an incredible tool to have but I cant really use it since that second tone is there and I cant get rid of it.

• I posted this in another thread talking about the Tranpose. I'll post it here as well.

I am very frustrated with the Transpose. When I play I hear the transposed note say a half step down. On top of that note I hear a higher note, almost like a harmony, I dont want that. I want it to sound as though I detuned my guitar. I was hoping there were some settings to take care of this issue like with the pitch stuff but theres not. There is the 'smooth chords' option but it doesnt solve the problem i'm having.

I play alot of Metal and it would be great to play some songs that require alternate tunings but for me its useless do to it sounding like a 2 note harmony rather than a nice cohesive downtuning. Maybe something is wrong with my install? Anyone else having the same issue? Maybe thats just how its supposed to be. I dont know.

• I don't experience that problem at all, which makes me think it's a problem specific to your install. You may want to make an audio recording or video of the issue and bring it to the attention of support.