Posts by DaveB

Ok, well the first time I sent this in it was the volume knob light that had gone. That was replaced and it came back ok, BUT, now I have three leds on that knob that are not working. So according to you it was replaced with complete LED tree, which about a year later has now three leds not working. But now I have all the others with missing LEDS, no wonder you left them out of the rack version, shoddy...

I have about 10 led's not working. One went some time ago and I sent it back under warranty to get repaired. NOW I have 10 that are gone. I just got used to the idea they will just all die. Don't much care now, it's a shitty built pile of computer crap. It's just a PC, that loads really sloooowwwwwllllyyyyy.

Since I started this thread I got the Kemper back and it was working ok and all lights working. However since then there are now abut 10 of the green lights that are dead. I've read a lot of other people have had this problem. Shoddy.

Also, lets make it stereo with the ability to set the panning of the sound, with pan position of the shifted notes etc. Prior to a stereo delay and verb this will sound cool...

In the studio this will be sound cool... This is exciting, when can we expect this? Christmas, New Year? Come on Santa, lets have it... ho ho ho!

Variant 1 I have used many times in my own music using the Eventide units I have, I combine it with a nice reverb.

Variant 2 is really nice and yes you can get all manner of soundscapes from it. It's great with guitars since you can make drastic tonal changes with a guitar.

So lets have both, why not!

Both sound great, if possible lets have both types!

Sorry guys, but I have strong opinions on this topic.

-- ok.

I have yet to hear cool and convincing examples of a pitch shifter with a long delay. The few examples that we heard where pretty academic to me. You should ask for a delay on every effect, why the pitch shifter? Well, I know, because it is on every pitch shifter of the competition.

-- ok, lets have a delay on every effect then.

Different filtering can be a good approach. We have that already implemented this with the formant correction and formant shift. It is the best step towards authenticity of a pitch shifter or harmonizer. Do you guys use it?

-- sometimes yes.

See, I am questioning features, that are taken over from device to device without reflecting the need and without considering better alternatives since decades. Journalists praise and explain these features since then, without really thinking about it. And in the end it is a well grown common sense that feels a bit arbitrary to me. I could name many other situations like this.

-- ok

I will not add 4 to 6 parameters to the pitch shifter, where I cannot see that it will add a musical benefit.
    The parameters would be: delay (ms), delay in musical notes, feedback.
    Doubled for both pitch shifter voices. Many parameters, while I am trying to keep the profiler simple and effective.

-- I disagree here. The musical benefit of adding delay is enormous. One note is played, then the shifted note can be played at a different beat position AND a different note position from the original - harmony and melody. Saying it has no musical benefit is silly. The parameters seem right to me and doubled for both voices. The extra parameters isn't going to complicate anything, it's an extra page on a menu system that you can scroll to, not an issue. Maybe it can't be done, maybe the hardware isn't capable of it.

Nobody is asking for loop filter in the pitch shifter delay, or a tape effect, or a ping pong delay. Why not? Is this beyond expectation or "not necessary" because no other device combines these features?

-- ok, lets have those too.

I don't want to blame you for requesting these features, this should be a motivation to discuss the best application of features.

-- ok, great. Delayed pitch shifting allows me to create a music sequence of harmony and melody from one note, it sounds cool and is great fun...

I've mentioned this before but why isn't there the option to bulk download ALL the rigs from the rig exchange. I haven't got the time to spend clicking on each one to download them. I'd prefer to go on the exchange and get the latest uploads in one download. Anyone?

I ask for the effect because I use it in my eventide pitch factor, but I'd like to use the Kemper for it instead. Pitch shifting with the ability to delay the shifted notes is what I'd like. Having the shifted notes set as 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc, plus trip and dotted variants of the master tempo, seems logical and easy to grasp, also have a repeats amount and maybe a feedback option like on the Eventide. Everyone on this thread is keen on the idea of having this feature.

Just got an email from the Synthesizer Service Department (they are who Kemper use for repairs) saying it's been delivered to them no problem. No details on the fix or when I will get it back yet. Early days.

I've heard similar things about the Virus synths too, a friend of mine told me he's been through 3 of those, DSP's going, lights going etc. At the moment my Kemper has been signed for by http://www.synthesizerservice.de, which is where I was told to send the Kemper by Kemper support. I've sent a few emails to them seeking clarification on the repair and if they've received it ok but nothing back yet, which is ok - it's only been a day. I asked if they would replace the entire front panel, which I was told by Kemper support is what will most likely happen.

It would save a lot of time if the ability to download all the rigs on the exchange was a button click away instead of each individual rig. It's tedious. How about you click a button and the rigs are zipped and saved to your downloads folder. Easy peasey!

Well the thing was dispatched to the Kemper repair shop today. It's a minor fault that hopefully will result in a new front panel. In a way it's like having a new unit, so I'm reasonably happy. Support has been ok so far, I'll let you know how the repair proceeds from here. I am a little surprised that one of the LEDs blew after 18 months though. Anyone else had something like this happen?

I did, and they are!

A word of advice if buying second hand, make sure you obtain the original receipt, or you might find it difficult to get it repaired under warranty

Thanks guys!

I did contact Thomann and my friend sent me the original receipt from them but it's not practical to go that route, my friend lives on the other side of the country and it would have to be shipped via him.
    It's actually easier if I ship directly to the Kemper repairs and service, which is what I've been advised to do.
    They will most likely replace the entire front panel, which is good.
    The fault itself is pretty minor, but I'd sooner get it repaired under warranty while I can.

By the way for anyone thinking of buying second hand, you will need the original receipt, if you want it repaired under warranty.