Posts by Joptunes

No it's not, but I referenced the TAF one as a starting point and then changed the amp and the FX block slightly.

In essence it's a clean amp or just on the edge of breakup.
    I put a flanger right after the amp, at about 20% mix. Pick your favorite flanger setting.
    Then a chromatic pitch in the next FX block. Set 1 voice at +12 for an octave up, the second voice at -12 for an octave down.
    Then adjust the balance of the two, I think mine was set about -4 to get more of the upper octave. Mix at about 20% and ducking at about +2 so the octave come in after the original attack.
    Delay was a basic delay, 3/16 and 5/16, mix at 45% and feedback around 33%
    Hall verb, mix at about 40%, and time at 8.5

Then adjust to taste. The flanger gives it a bit of hair as the volume increases.

Hope that helps.
    Sean

webdiver, when you get your LF going, please share some of the ways you are using your setup.

It's a powerful controller and there are a bunch of ways to integrate the pages, buttons, etc. I'm curious to see how others use the programming of the LF.
    thanks,
    sean

Yes, you can control multiple midi devices as you described.

Every button is defined by you. If it's any command, feature, or parameter that responds to midi then you can control it from the LF+.

Does it say anywhere what kind of Rosewood will be used on the Fenders? I only saw rosewood mentioned but no details on which kind. Brazilian can't be harvested anymore anywhere making that a difficult task for all manufacturers.

I love the feel of the full Brazilian necks......my personal favorite.
    sean

Started a new thread instead of the old one.

Tried to do a quick video showing 1 Mission pedal switching between volume and Wah, and how it works and sounds.

Again, the toe switch on the Mission Pedal tells the Stomp A to be active or bypassed, then the KPA is internally switching from Wah to Volume when the Wah stomp is bypassed.
    Since the toe switch happens at maximum volume, there is no big volume drop or dip when switching between the two.

Vol/Wah

No there is no volume change.

I'll do a video to show this, but since the toe switch to turn the Wah off is at max level, the volume always engages at full on.
    There is a small lag about a second, where if I switch the Wah off and immediately try to use the volume pedal, it takes that lag to notice that it's now a volume pedal. I believe this is internal to the KPA since the LF isn't doing anything with the switching.

You can program things to change CC numbers if you want, all depends on how you want it all to flow and how many button pushes you want to do.

I used to do the Wah setting where you move it to engage. That worked for a while but then you can't get that cocked Wah sound that just sits in one spot for a while without it turning off. So really depends on what you want to do.

The LF has a setting where you tell it to recognize or ignore CC settings when changing presets. That Wah if you have the volume half way up and change a preset, you can choose to either keep the volume at half or resend the full volume number. Again it comes down to how you want to program it.

Sean

Do you have the global setting checked for external sync of preset names? I assumed it would stay checked in the file I sent but may be worth checking again.

Is everything else in the KPA direction to LF working like tuner, etc?

Sean

Ed,
    i forgot to mention the config file I sent you is set so the LF will automatically load in the names from the KPA.

so it's programmed now for my first 20 rigs in the KPA. If you just select those presets on your LF while it's connected to the KPA (both directions, of course) then the LF will automatically load in your rig names and you won't have to program anything at all.

Let me know how it goes.
    sean

Knut, i have the Mission Pedal with the toe switch in it.

On the LF, I have that toe switch set to toggle stomp slot A on/off. Then on the KPA itself I have it set so that the wah defaults to volume when the wah is not in use.

So I put a wah in stomp slot A and lock it so it's there for every preset.

Then the KPA automatically switches it over to volume pedal when stomp A is bypassed. So it's a perfect blend of using the LF features to turn stomp A on/off, and a mix of the KPA feature allowing you to have the one pedal switch automatically between wah and volume.

Hope that makes sense, if not let me know.
    sean

Did a real quick video on my current LF+12+ setup with the KPA.

Sorry for the video quality, shot with a phone, so it's hard to read the display at times.

I'll try to follow up with videos and audio showing the step commands in action.

Ed, let me know if you want a copy of the configuration file, it's pretty straight forward.

LF-KPA setup

The wait will be worth it once it shows up. The unit will do whatever you can dream up and is controllable via midi by the kemper.

Thanks for the tip on the Ethernet port.

Sean

Yeah, I'm learning something new every day as well. Still getting my arms around the concepts and things the LF just automatically does on its own.

I'll send you some messages on how I'm using it today.

Are you active on the LF Forum?

Sean

Ed,
    Yes I downloaded the new editor and Jeff did a great job of adding features.

You can now get to all slots of every performance in the KPA and you don't have to worry about bank commands, the LF converts simple PC messages to the right bank and preset commands.

This foot controller is Uber powerful!

I plan to make a quick video of how I have mine setup. I'm still learning the concepts of pages, context, etc on the LF.

Sean