Posts by Akkan

I have seen a demo video from Pete Thorn. He used a pedal with horizontal and vertical axis. Didn't remember the name of the pedal. The pedal had two (or four?) output jacks for the different axis. Maybe that would be a solution to assemble it to input 1 and 2 on the KPA to use one pedal for both effects.

Another noob question. Is it possible to have the direct sound with stomp A+B on main out left and the processed signal on main out right without mixing them together? ?(

great site!! do you have som recomandation for a tubeamplover for som nice clean sounds on Soundside?
    i will order some later! some of the cleans on the ampfactory has not got the clearity i want! I am a stratplayer and want to cut trough the mix

My favorite clean amp on soundside is the Suhr Badger. I'm already suprised about the clarity and tone of this amp. The amp works for crunch and high gain sounds very well too. The modded clean profile from Armin sounds beautiful. Nice portion of delay and reverb.

-21 plus 5 = -16

If you set the Kemper to -10db, that may be 6db too hot?

If you think it is because of the type of cable, use an XLR to 1/4" cable into the mixer,

Yep, normally i would use 1/4" for all line ins and XLR for mics but the mixer is assembled together with XLR splitters into a 19" rack and all cable connections are fixed by another company. I've made a plan before for them which cables they should use but they have taken XLR to XLR for the complete rack. That's the reason why i've made the configuration manually. At the moment it's all fine. The sound is fantastic and i think there is no disadvantage to set the main out to -21dB.

I've set the KPA to -21dB and during the auto trim process into the line6 stagescape, the mixer set the internal trim to +5dB. If i set the output of the KPA to -10dB the stagescape said the signal is way to hot. But i'm not really sure the mixer has realized the signal is line level, because of the XLR connection. The stagescape has an auto detection for all inputs normally depends on the jacks you use. I've configurated the inputs manually, but maybe there's something wrong. :whistling:
    My spdif out is at -6dB and it's all fine with the audio interface. Maybe i could try to connect the KPA to the stagescape with spdif too, and check if there is any difference.

Since start of performance mode i use one performance per song. The performance mode is really great. The autoload slot 1 option is a big advantage for me. Every song starts at slot 1. If you want to implement another mode, please leave autoload slot 1 as an option for all guys who use the performance mode in this way. :thumbup:

An important question, indeed. Any information about that? One of the great disadvantages using the FCB1010 is the missing display and of course the cheap exp-pedals.

The display should reflect all informations (or adjustable by software?) like the KPA. But i would prefer for performance mode to have the slot names with large font and the performance name smaller. I think it has been already discussed in another thread. Maybe it could be switchable for the KFC. So every user could decide which information is important for him.

I think Down/UP or Up/Down will only be a short time to adapt. To have the Tap Button on the lower row is a huge benefit. Freely assignable isn't an option. So i have no preference. Only the time to keep it in my hands should be "very" short. ;)

Hi Ortega67

With RM you can double a profile you want to try and it's automatically loaded in the profiler. If you like it save as a preset if not try another one. With the RM it's way easier and faster to change or scroll through the different amp models. The RM has also an indicator for the gain used for the rig. It helps to sort out the to much or to less distorted rigs without loading them into the profiler.

OTOH, the results they are showing are somehow fake, since they're based on steady signals: if you tried with short signals results would be way worse. Time-independent EQ can not really make a room flat.
    Nothing can beat a room treatment :)

I've read a lot of user comments which had good results by using this software. I'm not really convinced. Maybe the software helps you to treat the room correctly, because you have to measure different spots with a test signal. ?(

Hi Allan

A software editor has been already discussed many times in this forum. It seems an editor is far down in the priority list. I share your meaning an editor would be very helpful and would make things easier in some configurations. We have to wait. ;)

What we're thinking of doing is getting a Line 6 StageScape M20D and IEM so we have complete control over our monitoring. We're looking at the Sennheiser EW300 and the Carvin EM900. How many receivers would we need for a 5-piece band?

We are using inear for about six month. At the moment no live experience but although for rehearsel it's really great. I had never such a clear sound and everybody can adjust his own volume. For me inear is a great advantage.
    All instruments (Kemper, 11R, V-Amp and Roland TD30K) going through splitter into the StageScape M20D. One monitor signal from the StageScape into one Shure PSM200 to 5 receiver. We are using one PSM200 for a combined mix of the whole band. I know all other would say it doesn't work and normally most of them use one transmitter per guy, but we are very suprised about the clarity and we want to control the overall sound. For us it works perfectly.
    The splitter will be needed to be able to change/adjust the inear sound without changing the levels for FOH. For a better feeling on stage we want to use two ambience mics to here the response of the crowd.
    The StageScape is a great peace of gear. I control it during rehearsel with my ipad and you can record the individual tracks to implement it into your DAW later. Also the Line6 StageSource Speaker (L3m and L3s) are very good and quite linear.
    I think you can't do anything wrong with inear. :thumbup:

To me, this statement contradicts itself. Surely you want to hear what you are doing, hehe?

Cheers,
    Sam

I want to hear the result, but i want to see what i am doing within the signal chain or a performance for example. ;) I would love to see a virtual green scream and turn the virtual knobs as to see numbers only. Especially for renaming or sorting performances or slots within, it would be much easier "for me" by using an editor. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless the KPA is a great tool with or without an editor. :thumbup:

If i would prefer to mic an Amp, i didn't have bought the KPA. I have bought a digital device especially to have all this nice tools to simplify "my" workflow. If you don't need an editor it's your opinion. I wrote there are a lot of different meanings and for "me" an editor is a must have. I don't have the demand to speak for all people here in this forum. Thats only my point of view. ;)

+1 for me an editor is a must have. In the studio i want to "see" what i am doing and thats much easier on a 19" TFT as on a small display. Especially for renaming Rigs or Presets. I think Avid has done a very good job with the 11R editor and integration into Pro Tools.
    I think there are a lot of different meanings about an editor and most of the guys at Kemper doesn't see the need of it. Maybe we'll see an editor if CK doesn't find any new tools for implementation, but i think this point is far far away. ;)

It seems like a very nice tool, but it looks very ugly. I don't want to have it installed on my beauties. ;(