Posts by eternally

Just upgraded my Kemper to 2.1
    The clicking when switching profiles is still here? Didn't try with Midi yet but when switching in browse mode it's still there.
    Anyone else experience the same? Is Kemper still working on this problem? I would like to use the Kemper live finally but the clicking is just to obvious especially in my inears.

Thanks
    Stephan

This is actually a topic that I am working at the moment.

The clicks can quickly be avoided by setting all stomps (and X and MOD) that you are not going to use to "empty" by turning Type all to the left.

Hi CK

Thanks for chiming in. I tried your suggestion for the quick fix but it didn't work for me even though I set all the stomps not used to "Empty".
    Waiting for the official fix from your side... Thanks

Stephan

I think everyone should try this before saying they don't hear any noise or crackles,in some profiles this isn't noticeable so it's normal some of you may not heard this before.

Exactly, I would say half of them click for me and the others don't, but also some profiles which came directly from Kemper (Petersen Profiles) click and crackle...
    Already did factory reset and everything...Since version 1.5 have this problem (bought it with this version). Was hoping version 2.0 and Performance mode would fix it...but it didn't

Cool thanks Raoul! I did the poll...Well, for me it's a big issue live and in my inear monitoring I can hear it so loud, it's really annoying. I'm sure they can fix it because between some profiles there is no clicking and crackling. And it's funny because each week they post pics of some big bands playing with Kemper (Biffy Clyro, Muse etc).. I guess they don't have those problems either...?!

Thanks to everyone narrowing down and finally fix this problem.

My example I did with the Browse button but it's the same sound when doing switching via midi...It's not supposed to be normal, I asked Andy who does the Amp Factory profiles, for him everything works fine... I also tried it on the Rack Version and normal one, both have the problem. Let's see what Kemper says to our issue... and I hope they can fix it and I can start to use the Kemper live:-)

Raoul, I don't think it's normal...It's clearly audible and I hope I can fix this one soon, because I would like to get a second Kemper, but won't buy it before I know I can use it live.
    So, I uploaded the files here:
    https://soundcloud.com/user807…kemper-clicks-and-crackle

KemperExample1 (no clicking): Switching between "Gondwana MB Crunch2" and "MS045-00" (Gondwana)
    KemperExample2 (clicking): Switching between "A-Topboost Ziggy" and "A-Trainwreck Clean" (And44)
    KemperExample3 (clicking): Switching between "FX GT-1000 Nighmare" and "FX GT-1000 Wah Lead" (D. Petersen)

I also tried to lock Cab or removed all delay and reverb stuff, doesn't help...

Please can someone from Kemper directly or any other user help me?!
    Thanks

Stephan

Hi all

First of all I wanted to say that I love my Kempers sound and handling alot, it's one of the best things I bought:-)
    I have one issue though that's driving me nuts.
    Now my problem. If I switch between profiles I get this very loud clicking and crackling sound (over headphone, monitor, master out).
    It doesn't matter if I browse or switch via midi. I have it since version 1.5.2, installed every new update, reset the kemper, did a flash memory wipe, exchange cables)...anything you can think of:-)
    I bought many profiles from the amp factory, they sound great!
    What I found out so far:
    If I switch between for example the stock profiles "SOUL DANO" and "LOOMIS 5150 |||" this terrible click and crackle is not around…(almost never)
    If I switch between the amp factory profiles, the clicking is terrible... also if I switch D. Petersen profiles, almost always a bad crackle.

I hope someone can help, since I want to use my KPA live, but I cannot use it like that, it's too audible...
    I am going to record it soon too...

Maybe CK can chime in?

Thanks guys

Stephan