Posts by Vinny

This was a good tip! I played around with2 single delays (pre-stack) comparing with RE-20 pedal having the delay sound I'm aiming for (I have also El Cap which is having same effect but with different EQ tweakability compared to RE-20). And indeed, one can get the quite close approximation with this method. Perhaps the biggest issue here is that using two single delays as virtual single playback heads the second delay is also acting as extra recorder head and gives a different flavour especially with shorter feedback levels. I.e. with two playback head real echo units having feedback at zero you will hear original+2 repeats, but in this approach you will hear 3 repeats. Another thing is that this arrangement takes two effect slots.
    After messing with 2 single delays in series and reading the manual (yes, recommended always ;) I discovered the parameter that I was after all the time, 'Cross Feedback' control. Like said in the manual: "Increasing the value beyond zero causes each delay to not only feed its output signal back to its own input, but also to the other participating delay lines. This creates a more diffuse delay rhythm pattern, adding a reverb -like character to the delay."
    I tried this already earlier, but the thing I missed was the relation to regular feedback (Cross Feedback will automatically reduce the regular feedback).

So, after fine tuning each and every parameter of the Dual Delay one can get really close to atleast RE-20 that I A/B against. Only thing left different is the builtin preamp/EQ in RE-20 which enables active EQ tweaks and gives some color also to overall sound. But no doubt one can get close with KPA's fine EQ fx blocks. Will give it a try next having the delay part solved. :thumbup:

sound clips please :thumbup:

I think we'll be surprised with a prospective release date for OS5.0.

yes but the FW 5.0 update to delays and KPA already has delays effect. This new delay will excite for the KPA user. Can delay make impression with the trade show? Maybe this will have some innovation of delays. Maybe something else new. Whatever the Kemper team show will be joy to Fully Grown Men (). We should know more in....

Countdown to NAMM 2017

I think he means "This is not even a rumour, just speculation for fun".

Yes. I would not make rumours. I do not have any idea what is plan. So this is one way to pass the time while we speculate. Unless someone wishes to place bets of what is next. ^^

Maybe this will be delays, verbs. but then to go to trade show there is possible some new innovation or hardware. I am sure men will rejoice for whatever is behind the curtain.

I expect they will demo FW 5.0, with new delays, but it will be actually released much later.

i think that is a safe guess 75% chance of this. Or dream big - Kemper 2 prototype with more dsp and possibilitys. This not rumors. Just to have fun and guess before Kemper show what is next.

I know this is early but NAMM is 111 days from today. Is there plan for Kemper booth? Any guess what they will demo?

Everyone know a forum wont make a difference to Kemper and they release when ready. So no point to have bitter or make demands. So instead make this fun while we wait. Place odds on release. 30:1 before winter NAMM. 20:1 release 1 month after NAMM, etc.

If they're not out, it's because they're not right yet either from a sound, coolness or stability standpoint. One fear of anyone using a digital device is stability and so far the Kemper has been rock solid for me. They'll have no interest in releasing something that isn't stable and, from a sound and inspiration viewpoint, very cool indeed.

We understand this but the problem is no one know WHEN to expect release. We hear 'coming soon' bur what does that mean? Even to have a rough idea help men decide to wait or buy gear to fill the missing effect.

this depends how soon you need effects of 5.0 delay because no one knows when Kemper release.. maybe next month, next year who knows. if this is like 4.0 it was 4 months after January NAMM until release 4.0 beta. Men have to delay gratification or find other option if you need stimulated now.

Just wait.
    If you want more Delay options before 5.0 hits the ground buy a Zoom MS-50G or MS-70CDR instead.
    Thank me later.

it was since 7 months of the delay demo that men lust for this. Maybe if the delay comes to soon after you get the MS-70 you can still return refund.

I wish I knew what was going to happen and when, but I don't. I've had my head down, rehearsing and recording this week - I've been way too busy playing to type very much :) I was going to comment sooner in this thread, but, people started talking about editors, and I'm more interested in new features.

But, this all looks GREAT to me! I'm hoping whatever is coming on the 21st is something I can use at the gigs I have on the 22nd and 23rd 8o

Paults- please do share your patches with the new coming firmware. Many men wait for this.