Posts by thebrushwithin

What I'm wondering is how is it that the specs, especially the weight, is listed as the same for both the powered and unpowered cabinet? Thrilled to see it finally available though, but what is the weight?

Before the Kemper was announced, no one in the public had imagined such a thing would be invented, generally speaking. Mr. Kemper is likely to bring an even newer technology, that maybe is or isn't related to the KPA . The Virus synth series has also been unique, so I suspect there may be something coming that is also unique, once again.

This past year, I purchased my second Kemper(Stage), and since I am a 13 pin guitarist, a Boss SY1000.

This combo takes it over the top, as I can send the Guitar model of my choice, out of the sub out of SY into the Kemper, and still use the surprisingly great SY amps, to create the second amp, going out of the main out, into my mixer. When I use dual amps, in this manner, I put the SY delay, with a few millisecond delay, mix full delay, out of the SY's main out, and it gives me a really nice double tracked sound, when combined with the Kemper. The other killer features on the SY are just icing on the cake. Great combo!!!

Seems like a great product! To me, the form factor of the QC is its strongest point - small footprint, large touch screen, ample back panel, ease of use, etc. However, is the sound any BETTER than my (2) KPAs, enough to switch? Not to my ears. Also, durability questions will take years to answer, whereas, KPA has proven to be dependable with fantastic support. Since I have a KPA rack, and a Stage, it may be tempting to sell one of them, and see, first hand, if I prefer the QC. However, I too suspect that our resident genius does have more aces up his sleeve, in regards to the Kemper future world, so rather than investing in becoming a QC early adopter, I believe I’ll wait until the dust settles.

Thanks very much Kemper team for all of the work on the drives!!! Maybe it's best to quit worrying about labelled presets, and treat the Kemper drive as though it was an actual pedal, that you have to dial in, after reading the manual, to get the sound your ears are after. Discover your sound with your ears, and then save the settings. Pretty simple when you have such a large pallet of controls, shaping your sound. Personally, I could care less about the names and emulation accuracy, if it sounds good, I'm happy.

My new Stage has encountered a serious DSP error, since the 7.5 beta update, and I had to open a support ticket. Support was immediately responsive, and contacted me with a possible solution, but to no avail. I'm sure they will respond to my latest reply about the failure. However, one of the weird things going on is that no matter what I've tried, the 7.5 beta OS remains and cannot be reverted backwards. Has anyone else tried to go back to 7.42?

Well, I had to contact support because after playing with 7.5 in performance mode, for a while, I switched to Browser moder to compare my previous patch used for acoustic sounds, to the same patch in performance mode, except using the Acoustic simulator. Both browser and performance lights stayed lit, and a very load noise happened. Then a DSP card failure screen came on. I thought I was resetting 7.42, as it took a very long time, but 7.5 never left. The result after rebooting, was no sound from my Stage at all. Then I got this screen:

I understand that some of you combine the Acoustic Simulator with an amp profile?

Well, I am using a hybrid setup, utilizing an acoustic model from a Boss SY1000, into the profile I was previously using, which included a Carvin V3 clean amp profile, without cabinet. It sounds great like this, but if I turn off the amp, the volume is way too low. I have not tried a parallel path yet, but I am satisfied with it the way it is. I compared it to the older setup, which still utilized the same modeled acoustic, which I was very happy with, but with the acoustic simulator, I eliminated a studio EQ and a compressor, and it really sounds even better.