Posts by Reengooz

Thanks for the answer. I've never played a real amp with such strange "midrange" frequencies.

My point is that the studio profiles sounds more realistic with a real cab then the merged ones. That is surprising to me and indicates that the merged profiling proces doesn't keep it promises...

I thought that maybe I'm doing something wrong, but obviously this how the merged profiles sounds - very strange, at least to my ears.

But anyway I'm very satisfied with studio profiles, so I just have to forget about the merged ones.

Hi,

I bought a Kemper power rack 14 days ago, I had one in 2012 (before the power rack versions) and I sold it because at that time 99% of profiles where very boring - Shure 57 and nothing more. Mean while I changed many tube amps (also high end) but I was never satisfied at the end. I play for more than 35 years and lately I read that Kemper made a huge step forward with merged technologies. As I play more then 60% with a real Friedman 4x12 (my favorite cab) I decided to give Kemper another chance. I bought profiles from Top Jimi (Friedman) and from M. Brett (Cracnk and Go). I have noticed that the merged profiles have a strange midrange "nasal" frequencies push when using a real cabinet (cabinet sim off, pure cab off, latest software installed). The strangest thing is that the studio profiles sound more realistic to my ears comparing with the merged profiles which are actually useless with a real cab situation.

Is there any trick, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings from Slovenia,

Ales

Hi Martin,

thanks for reply, I've tried with the 1.6 verison as mentioned but it dosen't work. It seems that the Kemper is completly stucked. As soon as I truned it on it sart with the message: " "Upadting analogboard firmware...the boot is in progress...please be patient".

It looks like it dosen't react with the USB :(

Thanks anyway,

Ales

Hi,

I just wanted to update my Kemper with the latest version. It looks like the updating progres stucked, for the last hour it says: "Upadting analogboard firmware...the boot is in progress...please be patient".

I have turned it off and back on, and still the same message on the display.

What should I do?

Thanks for your help,

Ales