Strange midrange "nasal" frequencies push with merged profiles when using a real cabinet

• Hi,

I bought a Kemper power rack 14 days ago, I had one in 2012 (before the power rack versions) and I sold it because at that time 99% of profiles where very boring - Shure 57 and nothing more. Mean while I changed many tube amps (also high end) but I was never satisfied at the end. I play for more than 35 years and lately I read that Kemper made a huge step forward with merged technologies. As I play more then 60% with a real Friedman 4x12 (my favorite cab) I decided to give Kemper another chance. I bought profiles from Top Jimi (Friedman) and from M. Brett (Cracnk and Go). I have noticed that the merged profiles have a strange midrange "nasal" frequencies push when using a real cabinet (cabinet sim off, pure cab off, latest software installed). The strangest thing is that the studio profiles sound more realistic to my ears comparing with the merged profiles which are actually useless with a real cab situation.

Is there any trick, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings from Slovenia,

Ales

• When you play a Merged Profile through a physical guitar cab, you hear the Direct Amp Profile, which is the authentic simulation of the original amp. If you think it sounds "nasal" then the original amp sounded "nasal", which you can only judge if you were present at the PROFILING event.

When you play a Studio Profile through a physical guitar cab, you hear an approximation of the amp. If you like this better, we take this as a compliment. The fact, that the Direct Amp Profile sounds more authentically doesn't mean that you have to like it better.

• Thanks for the answer. I've never played a real amp with such strange "midrange" frequencies.

My point is that the studio profiles sounds more realistic with a real cab then the merged ones. That is surprising to me and indicates that the merged profiling proces doesn't keep it promises...

I thought that maybe I'm doing something wrong, but obviously this how the merged profiles sounds - very strange, at least to my ears.

But anyway I'm very satisfied with studio profiles, so I just have to forget about the merged ones.

• When the Merged profiles were created, the EQ on the amplifiers would have been set to suit the cabinets used when creating the profiles.

If your cab has a different midrange character, you may be able to use the Monitor EQ to globally adjust the sound of your cabinet more to your liking with the Merged Rigs. Adjusting the Monitor EQ will not alter the FOH sound being sent through the Main Outputs, so the Rigs will still sound like Studio a Rigs in the Mains.