Posts by PAFBRO

I for one will definitely be picking one of these up. Ive been waiting 5 weeks now for my KPA to get fixed and so far no end in sight. Been using my Mesa mini rec in this time and I cant say Ive really missed the Kemper, and quite frankly Im also sick of waiting for a foot controller, or even an update at the very least.

Refer to the earlier thread about lcd screen not working. Happened to mine and another guys kpa. Went back and forth with support and emailed them a photo with mine looking exactly like that. It needs to go in and get the whole front panel replaced. Not a good sign that more of these are coming up..

Ended up getting the shop to face up and get it fixed. They're going to order a new front panel in, should take about one to two weeks. So thats cool.

Kinda got me a bit bummed though, and also a bit cautious as to the durability of this thing. Leds were going on it as well. Never thought Id ever entertain the thought, but considering flicking it on before the warranty is up :S

My shop which is the only dealer in the country are being absolute dicks about this. The service guy has tried to tell me that hes never even heard of them and they dont even sell Kemper. Phone calls and emails not getting returned at all either. Think I need to go there in person and start snappin necks n cashin cheques LOL.

Hmm this has been interesting. Im having this exact problem right now. Very annoying. I live in New Zealand so if anything has to go back or be ordered its gonna take for-frikken-ever. Customer support has been really good but again, doesn't exactly fix my amp by email.

Was good to find out it was 36 month warranty though. My shop was trying to tell me it was only 12! I really hope this doesnt drag out for too long...

I'm actually weighing up whether to sell up the KPA and go to the axe.

Not just trying to rock the boat. When I bought my KPA down here in New Zealand about 2 years ago I bought the toaster version as that was all that was available here at the time. Didn't wanna wait any longer. I tried the axe and I really liked them both but the KPA was about $1000 cheaper, no brainer.

Well since then the axe price has come right down, I like the rack option, I can get a dedicated foot controller and an editor for my mac. Haven't even heard when the KFC will be done, what it will cost, let alone get to my country. I know I sound like I'm whinging, and yeah I am a bit. My FCB does alright I guess but its meant to be a temporary fix.

Rant over.

Will be selling my Marshall TSL combo and Mesa recto 4x12. But only because I havent liked the sound of it for quite some time now. The money from that will go towards a Mini rectifier head and cab or an Orange head and 2x12 setup. Kemper is awesome obviously but I want a tube amp I'm going to use and not just have it take up space.

Amps going to waste? No, not at all. After playing about half a year through my Kemper, I played on one of my Tube Amps Yesterday evening. And you know what, I couldn't stop. The Kemper ist really a great Amp, but we all shouldn't underestimate why Tube Amps are still there after all those years. Just my 2 cents. :)

Yep totally agree. I cant imagine now being without my toaster but DAMN Im gas'in for some tube action ;)

I'll definitely profile it thoroughly before I let it go. Im loving the idea of the mini sized tube amps lately, I think the Mesa mini recto looks and sounds great. Id probably be able to get by with the 1x12 matching cab. Im sure its plenty loud and theres always the option to mic up. Could even setup an A/B switch between the Kemper for the best of both worlds... Would that work?

Also Im not entirely sure that I would take my Kemper to every live gig. If theres a particular pub or party which is more rowdy than usual I wouldn't like to get it knocked over or have anyone spill drinks on it. Although a Mesa or say Orange setup would be a similar price, the Kemper just seems both more valuable and vulnerable.

Im playing the Kemper through a couple of Line6 stage sound speakers or whatever they're called! Sounds good so I'm more just looking for the best of both worlds at the moment. Holding onto the Marshall for sentimental purposes at the moment but it just doesn't sound good to me anymore. Im drawn to the H&K amps lately, that could just be because they look awesome though!

Hello all!
    Got a burning question Ive been pondering on. Im a proud Kemper user and have been for over a year now. It sounds awesome and will be what I'm going to use for 90% of what I do.

Problem is my old Marshall TSL combo has barely even been looked at for the past year. I've also got a Mesa Recto cab which in reality is never going to be taken anywhere and also isnt being used. As good as the Kemper is a tube amp is still great fun to play. I reckon I could get between $2-2500 for them (New Zealand $), whats do you fine people suggest I look at? Would like a head and 2x12 setup ideally but I'm open to suggestion. I play mostly blues and classic rock so want something that will make my strat shine. Cheers in advance!

Seriously?!?

Just got my favourite guitar back from repairs, went to plug in and the display showed up with a profile for a few seconds then went completely black. I'm guessing this is a hardware issue and will need to be sent away? Which wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't all the bloody way down in New Zealand! I tried a system reset but got the same result. I can see a ghost of the display if I look really closely but this is really disappointing.

Has this happened to anyone else and is there anything I can do?

I can't see how the price of a used non-powered KPA would drop either. The whole attraction for me was NOT having to lug along my 4x12 cabinet to every gig. It's almost a two man job getting it into my wagon! I want to rock up with my guitar, KPA and cables and just plug in.

Also for me, playing through a cab just defeats the purpose of having all of these great amps/cabs at our disposal in the first place. Isn't that the idea behind this wonderful little box?!? Not having a go at anyone just putting forward my thoughts. I think I might go and play guitar now...