Posts by TKustom

Welcome to the Kemper Community. You will love carrying around only this little amout of gear and still getting the BIG tone :thumbup:

As far as the solo boost is concerned. I guess there are a couple of options.
    1) Store a second rig with increased volume (and plus some effects to be used with solo stuff maybe).
    2) Add an EQ in the X Slot either just to increase the volume or also add some mids etc. to better cut through. Store this and have it disabled by default so that you can switch it on when needed.
    3) Set your volume pedal control so that you regular level is the pedal min (heel down) and full volume / pedal max (toe down) is your solo level.

I personally use option 1) and 2). I created a separate lead setting for actual soloing stuff (which only happens once in while) and set up a effects slot to do some boosting for parts that I what to stand out a bit.

My idea is to send direct feed to the FOH and listen through the stage monitors but also have the cabinet somewhere behind me. So I'm a bit dispointed about being so different tone between the direct send and the cabinet tone cause if I have a great tone in the cabinet it won't be so great in the direct signal and viceversa... that could be a problem in the rehearsals cause I only use the cabinet to monitor my sound.

That isn't a problem actually. I using my Kemper this way. Only cab for rehearsel and live with direct to FOH and existing monitors and cab out to guitar cabinet for my additional personal monitoring. Depending on the guiter cab the tone is a bit different of course but I never had issue with either tone being bad in any way.

Yep, if anyone would speak the truth of course it would be the manufactor.
    He would have no reason at all to say otherwise.
    He would have no reason at all to withhold stuff that could hurt the reputation of his product.....

Man, what's your problem? Seriously :thumbdown: I have never tried an Atomic CLR and can't say anything about it and to me it feels like the same applies for you. You haven't contributed any valuable input here. You just came around bashing stuff and that's about it so I suggest you calm down and either give us some insight why you think this product is so bad or just get lost.

Come on, you still haven't realized that they simply changed the "design" a bit to make it look more like an actual water level bubble. This is not a bug but a feature ;)

These knobs are just quick and easy access knobs. You can always controll these parameter with going into the effects menu (press and hold the respective effects block button).

If the lunchbox is worth the wait depends on your preferences. Apart from the quick effects knobs the rack also doesn't have the LED rings around the (tone) control knobs which I would be missing. On the other hand the rack has a front USB port which is quite nice.
    Decide for yourself which features you'd prefer.

Personally I just love the form factor of the lunchbox 8)

Right. But, I'm refering to the Speaker Output of the Power Amp/Power rack, not the monitor. So it creates a problem. Its the same thing sound wise, but what I'm saying is, since its using the 600 watt digital power section to go into cabinet from the "speaker output" when I turn off/on the "cabinet monitor on/off" all of the cabinets are still on and coming out of my 4x12....

Theres gotta be a fix for this. Thanks

I think you should contact Kemper and open a support ticket. Afaik the signal sent via monitor out and speaker are the same. Did you try to connect something to the monitor out and check if the same thing happens with the monitor out?

Why would you need that ?(

The performance mode is meant to be used when "permforming" and the only thing that matters to me at that point is the name of the Rig/Preset whatever you call it and information about the effects state which is all visible at the moment.

If you begin squeazing more and more stuff on the display you won't be able to read anything anymore. Espacially in performance mode I'd like to have only a very minimal view. Would be even fine with me if just the slot name would be displayed in big letters.

I don't recall exactly if it was rig or system menu, but in one of them you can configure the volume pedal position. There you select after stack (in front of post effects) and there you are. Don't forget to lock the volume position of you want it that way all the time.

I don't have a power head but the output menu should be similar. If you hit the output button and scroll through the pages you can set the output levels for each output and you can define which output is controlled by the master volume knob. As far as I know the power output is linked with the monitor out so you can set a fix level for the main outs and just link the the monitor out with the master volume knob. As a result you will always have a fixed main level and you can controll the monitor/power output with the master volume knob.
    I use my Kemper that way to alwas have a defined main out level and that I can play around with my monitor volume just as I like.

I had an Axe FX Standard and the Kemper sitting right next to each other just a couple of weeks ago. I won't comment on the sound here because is obvious which I prefer. Both sound great (the Axe II probably a lot better than the Standard). However what I can tell you is that in my opinion the Kemper is way easier to user. The interface is almost self-explaining and until now I haven't really missed an editor software. With the Axe I could use an editor and it still felt very complicated and I have to admit that it probably was to much for me. I got the feeling that you not only have to possibilty to tweak every bit but you actually have to tweak them to achive the sound you are looking for. If you can live with a "limited" (but still big) set of effects and don't rely on building complex routings I go with the Kemper.
    I don't know if it sounds better than the Axe FX II BUT it is cheaper and what totally sold me is that you can virtually have any amp there is with the Kemper and don't rely on what the people at Fractal decide to put in the Axe. I love playing around and trying out different amps :D