Posts by TKustom

I read somewhere that people where suggesting fishing bags and did some research. There are many different mostly called "carryall" bags that the Kemper will fit in and that are quite reasonable priced.
    I went with a Chub Vantage Carryall Medium (http://www.chubfishing.com/de-…taschen/vantage-carryall/) which can hold my Kemper and a flat toolbox in the main department (I yet have to build some seperation wall to separate the box and the Kemper) as well as all cables and some other stuff in the other three parts of the bag. The quality of the bag is great, nicely padded and fat shoulder strap. Its also water resistant. It is not as small and handy as the official bag but only half the price and I could ditch the case I was using before to carry cables, tools, string etc.
    If there's interest I can take a picture when I'm at home.

Ich spiele meinen Kemper über eine günstige Behringer EPQ900 Endstufe und bin super zufrieden. Mehr hat mein Budget nicht mehr zugelassen und für das Geld ist die Endstufe absolut spitze. Was oft bemängelt wird ist der laute Lüfter. Da muss ich zugeben das der nicht wirklich leise ist, aber für Einsatz mit Band absolut kein Problem.

I just want the matrix to sound like a regular guitar cab.

This is where the misconception is. The Martix will never sound like a guitar cabinet. If you are running the fully processed signal though the Matrix you will get what you hear when micing an amp and listining to that sound through monitor (or other appropriate) speakers isolated from the actual "amp in the roum" sound.
    I suppose you are running your Port City cab with "cab off", so this will give you the feeling you get when standing in front of a real amp. You either have to get using to the fully processed guitar sound with your Matrix or stick with the guitar cab solution.
    Apart from all that the Matrix of course should not sound like a cheap PA speaker.

Can't say much about the soundside bundle except for the fact that this is very high on my wish list. I used to have a VH4 and only heard good things about Armins (VH4) profiles.

Regarding the KSE Tone: In an interview with Adam I saw, he said the rhythm sound on the new record is mainly the combination of the Laney Ironheart and a Fuchs (don't remember the exact model).
    Don't know if they ever used a VH4 but the used Mesa Roadsters on previous records. Nevertheless the VH4 is imo one the best amps out there

I still think it is not rude or against common sense in any way to ask if he would be sharing some of his rigs at some time. Nobody demanded it from him, just asked and there have been other artist rig packs in the past and will be in the future. Why shouldn't be there the chance of having a Ken Susi rick pack (he has been a Kemper user and supporter for a long time) and what makes it rude to ask if there is a chance for that. It would be rude not to respect Ken's decision not to give aways his rigs, but as far as I can tell everyone here fully understood and no one complained about it.

There is a manual on the net how to convert the 1010 to phantom power. In addition to that you need to split the cable at the Kemper side to provide the power from a separate power supply since the Kemper doesn't deliver phantom power (yet, I hope).

Don't think that this is the problem. I also have my pedal configured
    correctly, range set to -5 and pedal calibrated. The tuner mode at heal
    down works fine but the the volume curve is not very usable. For the
    first two third of the way there is basically now volume increase at
    all, than for last third it very quickly increases so the difference
    between low volume and full on volume is just some very few degrees of
    pedal movement. I don't use the volume pedal a lot so this didn't bother
    my that much, but it would be more usable if you had a more linear
    volume increase over the pedal range.

I haven't owned or tried an Axe FX 2 yet but I had an Axe FX Standard (got it very very cheap and wanted to try out and compare) for about 3 weeks and compared it against the Kemper. Apart from the fact that I liked the Kemper better soundwise and as far as feeling is concerned I can tell you that using the Kemper is so much easier than tweaking the Axe.
    I got my Kemper 3 hours before rehearsal, quickly browsed the rigs, took the very first rig I liked, did some EQ and was done. Rehearsel went very good and it already fealt good, not quite where I wanted it but it was very good. Now after some weeks with the Kemper I think I haven't spent more than a day alltogether tweaking and creating my rigs. The rest of the time I went trying out some rigs but for most of the time I was just noodling around, praticing and writing some new material. I haven't played guitar at home that much for years.
    Compared to the Axe which I got 1 week earlier than the Kemper I spent hours and hours tweaking and trying to find the sound that felt right. Although I was using the editor software I felt so complicated that I didn't enjoy it at all. To many parameters I didn't know what they did and just to many optiones and virtual knobs to adjust.
    Once you unterstood the concept and the way the Kemper is organized it is a lot easier to use it even without an editor on you computer. I've been through various digital modelling gear like some Pods, the good old J-Station etc. but the Kemper is different. I currently have about 700 rigs but I don't feel like I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities. It feels more like I have a big shelf with 700 (variations of) amps that I can browse through and every rig will sound good without big tweaking. I almost never touch any of the advanced parameters. Some basic EQ and usually thats it. So it basically feels like taking a real amp of the shelf and doing the adjustments you would usually do with it. :thumbup:

Congratulations to your Kemper :thumbup:

In general people recommend DI Profiles to be used with a guitar cab. Try to work your way trough Rig Exchange and see what you can find and like.
    I personally haven't made a comparison yet whether a DI or regular profile sounds better or the same to me. I also use my Kemper with a 4x12 guitar cab with disabled cab at the monitor out for rehearsal. To me the rigs I tried so far all sounded very good that way and I didn't feel the need to go hunting for DI profiles. Guess you have to find out what works best for you.

I use my Kemper Head with a cheap Behringer EPQ900 power amp and an old 4x12 cab loaded with Eminence V12 and the sound is great with lots of punch and clarity. I didn't profile any amp with that cab and compared it to the profile but I'm using a Rectifier profile, which is the amp I used to play with that cab, and it feels and sound just like it did before when I used the amp. I can't say that I'm missing low end or anything. Actually with the Kemper I have the punch and depth for the first time when using a digital device. Already tried an Axe FX Standard, Pod HD, Pod X3 with various power amps (Engl Tube, Rocktron Velocity etc.) into that cab and it always felt kind of flat and I was missing something. Not with the Kemper. This little box delivers it all.

I just experienced a similar problem. I made a backup and cleanup up several profiles in that backup. Then I restored the backup. Everything worked fine except for Slot 1 of the Performance I created. This somehow was not replaced with the default rig, it loaded the correct rig, but somehow ALL setting were gone, Effects, EQ and Gain settings. I could easily reload the profile from the pool, however this probably shouldn't have happened :S