Posts by ragingben

Most probably, neither RE or RM are able to automatically detect the nature of the rig. So everything is currently left to the a correct tagging from the profiles author.
    The thing must be rethought I believe, with a special flag written in the files themselves (both amp and cab) when they are created on the Profiler.

I wondered this... But I'd be surprised if the KPA team didn't put a flag in the profile somewhere to tag it as merged, much like they must have done to mark a bass rig. For us 'real' cab guys who have the power head or a separate power amp the merged profiles were somewhat of a revelation. Cab driver did an amazingly good job most of the time, but now merged profiles are out there I only use merged or DI, they are just so much better. If there really isnt a merged flag in the profiles then it is a bad oversight because even if a flag was added now it's a bit late - a lot of the commercial profilers have invested a lot of time and effort adopting merged profiling and for those profiles to miss being included in the results if such a filter was added in the future is simply unfair.

This - I had the exact same thing last night. I've seen it before but thought I was going crazy.

Could it be that in some cases the Cab\Stack algo loading lags behind couple of seconds. And as cab section is more or less a EQ filter the output gets hit also too hard in these cases, hence the clipping?

This crossed my mind too... It sounds very much like the cabs is disabled, but I'm certain that I heard it live through my powerhead and cab aswell which would be weird if it was the Cab section as this should surely be bypassed?

Wow, it should definitely be more than enough power. I'm playing through a 2x12 with a V30 one side and a CL80 on the other and at 7 or so it is deafening, and that's with the power amp boost at default. That's at 8 ohm. Through a little 1x12 V30 at 16 ohm it's still loud as hell, but less in your face and balsy. Through that 4x12 and the kemper setup like that you shouldn't be having volume issues, no matter how hard hitting your drummer is. I can't think of any other settings though that would affect volume, have you got access to a different cab just to rule the 1960a out of the equation?

Bit of a weird one... I've always used the same memory stick with my kemper for updates, back ups etc. Everytime I try and do a backup for the last 6 months or so the KPA says it completed, but when I put the stick in the computer the backup is 0kb in size. So today I decided to reformat the stick on the computer to see if it cured the problem. After the format I plugged it into the KPA and formatted it through that just to be safe, backed up again and guess what, still 0kb.

Anyone else see this issue?

It's weird because the backup used to work with the same stick. It's a bit annoying because I didn't realise for a long time the backups weren't working so I thought I had a history of backups at different points, but they were all corrupt. It would be good of the KPA could verify them rather than just saying completed when they aren't.

Just to add my 2p, I noticed this with 3.2 release through the power amp into a guitar cab, using merged profiles with the same cab preset (although obviously this wouldn't be used!) no effects (maybe reverb locked on but almost certain it was locked off) on either profile, global noise gate on input section at 0, using the remote. It's occasional, fine in a beta but really shouldn't be in a release version after being reported so much in the betas.

A few weeks ago I finally pulled the trigger and got in touch with Paul from Zilla cabs to get a custom build underway to match the KPA. I decided against going FRFR because I want the option of using the other heads I have, which admittedly since getting the KPA, and especially the remote, is rare. So, she arrived today and I've gotta say I'm stoked!

Green tolex to match the toaster, mixed speakers - a V30 and a Classic Lead 80. I opted for a dual input so it can be run mono at 8 ohm or stereo 16 ohm so I can run both speakers independently if we're just doing a bedroom jam and my mate brings his head around too. The back has a removable panel so that I can open it up, which I think should really suit those smaller gigs where we don't mic the amps.

So far she sounds great, but I haven't been able to really let her rip yet. If anyone is in the market for a 2x12 to match the kemper, based on the build quality and early sound indications I cant recommend Zilla enough.

Yeah I get what you mean with the orange fizzyness, I'm never sure how much I love them really cranked into fuzz territory... Actually I've owned a few EL84 amps and I've found all of them tend to get pretty fizzy quite quickly. The clean is actually really nice, and with the KPA I could easily gig that, I can see why your band mate has problems with them though! For me these smaller lunch box amps really are hit or miss, they're all about the fact you can actually crank them at those small venues where you don't mic up, but then they aren't easy to get what you want if it's anything but dirt because the power amps are starting to clip! Great set though, it's a nice addition because for me the KPA is all about the fact that you get variety, and this is certainly something a bit different.

I really like the Dark Terror pack, especially the 'D' range of profiles, the darker sounding ones are nice but the 'D' range sit better with me. I think these really show how good the KPA is at capturing the feel of an amp, you can really feel this is a smaller EL84 amp. I like the boosted ones too, be good to have a boosted version of A, B,C and D. It's amazing the difference between the Mesa and Orange cabs too.

I think I'll pick up the dark terror pack if I get a chance tomorrow, it's an amp I've always fancied trying out, but was always put off owning because I don't do many gigs where I don't need a decent amount of clean headroom, but with the KPA this is no longer a problem!

I had problems with the driver yesterday on Windows 10 - the profiler came up in the device manager under Other Devices > Profiler with an exclamation mark next to it. The only way I could get it to work was by right clicking and in the meny selecting uninstall the driver, then reinstalling the driver manually pointing Windows to the Kemper > Driver folder in Program Files, which then found the driver and installed it, everything back to normal.

Yep I've hit pretty much all the hittabble buttons, the rig up down are the worst. I tend not to use the fx buttons too much and use use slots 1, 3 and 5 to limit accidents but they still happen in the heat of the moment. Rather than disable I'd much rather see,as mentioned in another thread, or earlier I can't remember, a brief hold to trigger certain buttons, prividing this could be disabled to keep everyone happy. Press and hold looper, tuner and rig up and down for 500ms or so to change them, with rig up and down just once until a slot if selected.