Remote arrived - first impressions

• Hi All,

Pretty quick delivery time. I live in the US and ordered last Monday and it arrived yesterday at noon.

Very solidly built and nice convenient foot print. Very straight forward and easy to use.

However, for the money, and after very limited use, I am kind of disappointed:

- Display isn't as good as I would have expected (difficult to achieve the right contrast balance)
    - Not being able to assign specific rigs for recall to switches 1-5 within browser mode (I'm assuming that this feature will be added in a future firmware update???)
    - No volume control for looper playback
    - It could really use 1-2 more switches for stomps and effects

All that being said, I'm very comfortable with Kemper's customer support and I believe the remote has a 45 day return period. I do believe that I will probably return it at this point as I have an AxeFX also which I currently use a FCB 1010 to control and I will probably opt to order the Fractal Audio MFC-101 (currently selling for $649.95 direct from Fractal) for my AxeFX and order the chip and use the FCB for the Kemper.

Has anyone tried using the AxeFX MFC-101 with the Kemper?

• To assign specific rigs to the Remote in Browse mode you need to put a leading number to the beginning of the rig name and use the sort by name order.
    You can connect 4 additional dual footswitches to it if you need more switches for effects etc.The display is the same as in the Profiler.

• Hi. Changing the name of all the rigs you want to use i Browser mode is complicated, please present an easier way to do this. A way to calibrate exp. pedal, for ex.. 75% to max volume is an other request.
    /Hans J

• I understand what performance mode can do.

I just personally feel this is a big omission regarding a browser mode feature. Does anyone know if this is planned to be added in a future firmware update?

Also, has anyone tried using the Fractal controller with the Kemper?

• I understand what performance mode can do.
    I just personally feel this is a big omission regarding a browser mode feature. Does anyone know if this is planned to be added in a future firmware update?

I still don't understand why you just don't populate a few performances with the rigs you need switching.
    There's hasn't been an easier concept ever IMO.

• So the remote doesn't support browse mode in the same way uno4kemper or eureka prom do ? You assign the midi change number in system and they are in banks of 5 right ?

• So the remote doesn't support browse mode in the same way uno4kemper or eureka prom do ? You assign the midi change number in system and they are in banks of 5 right ?

With the Remote you don't assign midi PC# in browse mode. The numbers in BM are fixed and switch in banks of 5 (just as you say).
    The concept of the Remote is that it is designed to work best with performance mode.

• With the Remote you don't assign midi PC# in browse mode. The numbers in BM are fixed and switch in banks of 5 (just as you say).
    The concept of the Remote is that it is designed to work best with performance mode.

I get that but was hoping that I could access say the top 40-50 of my hundreds of purchased favorites in browser mode directly in a certain order without messing with my performance mode settings.

I think part of my issue is that I have 800+ rigs on my Kemper and I don't want to have to browse 5 rigs at time to get to the specific rig that I am looking for in browser mode. Also, I have no issue with programing a midi controller to do this.

• I get that but was hoping that I could access say the top 40-50 of my hundreds of purchased favorites in browser mode directly in a certain order without messing with my performance mode settings.

This will work although the order is fixed (in rows of 5 rigs that appear in Kemper's browse view consecutively. If you want another order you need to rename rigs which would be quite cumbersome.

• renaming 50 rigs takes maybe 5 minutes in Rig Manager. Just put the MIDI programchange number at the beginning of the name 001,002 etc, select sort by name and you can access these rigs in browse mode from the Remote.

• And the performance mode is also very usable ;)
    Especially with the new rig manager, which can create performance. GREAT feature!
    Thanks for that kemper! It was due - and now it's there!

• renaming 50 rigs takes maybe 5 minutes in Rig Manager. Just put the MIDI programchange number at the beginning of the name 001,002 etc, select sort by name and you can access these rigs in browse mode from the Remote.

This no more cumbersome than assigning a MIDI number to the rig and then the foot switch as discussed by some. In fact, I'll bet it is even less work. Although, I'd just use performance mode myself.