Posts by DonGrosh

I really love this control on my Kemper Rack. Just got the new Profiler Stage with newest software and it's not included, was this removed? I have tones dialed in my rack that I've been using for over 5 years now, unfortunately I can't achieve the same results with just the mix control on the Reverb.

Anyone have any info on this? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info! I was also searching on how to do this.

Just updated to 4.0.6 from 3.0 firmware and can't find the LFC correction feature in the System settings?
    I used to have this set to off, I thought it sounded best this way with my own profiles I created. Does anyone know why it's not included any longer?
    Thanks in advance!

Hi Myke,
    I use my old Ground Control with a GCX switcher that's installed in my pedal board with the Kemper. For me it's the ultimate setup.
    My pedal board works the same with my amps as it does with the Kemper. Compressor, drive pedals and M5 go in front. Timeline,
    Flint and H9 go into the effects loop. I have an expression pedal going to the Ground Control, I can assign it to any of my midi effects
    and also to the Kemper. The Kemper works really well with pedals.

In the GCP midi setup just add the Kemper's midi channel, you can set this # in the Kemper. You can assign the midi patch # in the
    Kemper to any preset you like. Then just program the GCP preset with the patch # you want in the Kemper. I personally only use
    about 4 patches in the Kemper live, this keeps it simple for me. I do all the effects switching within a preset in the GCX, I also have
    the instant access switches layout on the Ground Control so I can turn effects on/off on the fly.

I hope this helps!
    Don

I profiled a few of my main patches from my Ultra and I'm not sure why but they actually sound better in the Kemper.
    They just feel and sound more dynamic and punchy! It was very easy to do. I turned all the effects and drives off and just profiled
    the raw amps and cabs.

I use an old Digital Music Ground Control midi controller. I personally like this one because I can Y off the output of my EB volume/Expression pedal and plug into the two 1/4" expression jacks (mono) and I can control two things at on time. So I can control expression on the Kemper, the H9, M9 and the Timeline all changeable within each patch.
    All my drives, POG and M9( for pitch - wah's and random modulation effects) go in front of the Kemper. My Timeline, Flint and H9 goes into the Kemper effects loop X slot.
    I have three to four amp sounds that I use in the Kemper, I assign these to four midi presets #'s. I set up the Ground Control in four bank preset mode, each bank is a song
    so I can have four presets for each song if I want. Each song/bank will change the Timeline bank, like this - song/bank 1 is bank 1 on the Timeline, song/bank 2 is bank 2 on the
    Timeline. Within each bank on the Timeline there are two preset switches, I set one for .1/8 note and the other is a 1/4 note delay. The reason I like this is for each song I have my four amp settings and one delay setting with my choice of .1/8 or 1/4 note delays and each song the tempo is locked in the Timeline bank. It might seem complicated but I find it much easier this way than to set up a bunch of presets in the Kemper. I used to use the Axe Fx and this is what I had to do, for each song if I had up to four presets all tempo synced for that song, I would have to have about 20 presets setup for 5 songs. Now I have just 2 to 4 amps presets in the Kemper, 5 delay presets in the Timeline. I still use the delay and reverb in the Kemper but only for heavy ambient sounds that I control and blend in with the expression pedal.

Here is a picture of my pedal board.
    [Blocked Image: http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af291/dongrosh/IMG_0785_zpsc7e6608d.jpg]

Nice tones! Can you share the profile? Are these available in fender spacing?

Dave

Thanks Dave!!
    I will try to post the profile this weekend. I personally think you don't need the Fender spacing. The ElectraJet guitar I used has Fender spacing and the pickups sound great.
    Keep in mind the magnetic field is much wider than the pole pieces of the pickups.
    Thanks for listening!

Sounds killer Don... Great tones!!

Thanks Lance!!

Very nice! This board hasn't enabled Soundcloud embedding yet.

Thanks!!

Here are the specs, http://groshguitars.com/pickups/g-90h/

[Blocked Image: http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af291/dongrosh/G90Hpickups_zps92ecacd4.jpg]

Grosh G-90H pickups demo. Played with a Grosh ElectraJet guitar, Amp used Grosh
    DG-50 watt amp, profiled with Kemper Profiling amp. Using the guitar volume to control dynamics and gain.

https://soundcloud.com/don-grosh/grosh-g-90h-pickups-demo-1
    https://soundcloud.com/don-grosh/grosh-g-90h-pickups-demo-2
    https://soundcloud.com/don-grosh/grosh-g-90h-pickups-demo-3
    Does anyone know of a way to post the Soundcloud clips directly to this page??

Just thought I would share some Kemper amp tones. Thanks for checking them out!!

Don

I'm having some issues with the effects loop, it sounds like it's clipping and I'm getting some random pop's.
    My levels are set just fine, the input and output stays green and I have the newest firmware installed.
    Anybody have any idea's? I'm hoping it's just a firmware issue and not a hardware problem.
    Thanks!

I just posted my first profiles on the Rig Exchange. Two are from my main patch I use on my Axe Fx Ultra, and the other four are from my 65 Band Master
    modified by Dave Friedman. This amp has two channels and has been my main amp for the last 16 years. I want to profile a couple different cabs
    with my Band Master. This was my first try and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

I purchased the kemper about 2 months ago and been dialing in my sounds. I just did my first gig and it sounded great, just what I was looking for!! I wanted to reproduce the sounds of
    my favorite amps and even my best patches on my Ave Fx ultra. It did an amazing job. I'm still learning and dialing in the profiling process, but my first ones I'm really happy with.
    I'm using my pedal board with the original Digital Music Ground Control for all the midi switching, also my board has a GCX switcher for switching loops in and out. I run my Timeline
    and Flint in the effects loop of the Kemper and all the drives and other pedals go in front. I'm still using some effects in the Kemper I think they sound great. I'm planning on building
    a four button footswitch that will go on the right side of my board (where the Freeze pedal is) to control 4 effects on the Kemper.

Thanks to everyone for the great info and profiles shared on this forum, I'm happy to be here!!!
    Don

[Blocked Image: http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af291/dongrosh/IMG_0520_zpsaaa11070.jpg]