Posts by Eagle117

I wanted to report a possible solution.

I was having the power cycling issue until I went into my KPA's menu and turned down the Remote's LCD and LED brightness levels. The "default" settings were set to 100% on the current beta, so the Remote is still completely useable with these settings lowered.

I did some more testing by returning the LCD & LED settings back to 100% to see if the power cycling would occur. Sure enough, it did. Once I lowered the settings the power cycling stopped.

My guess: Having my expression pedal plugged into the Remote + having these settings at 100% was pulling too much power.

I love my BigSky, and I use it in a stereo loop. In general, I've noticed a slight "tone suck" when using the KPA mono/stereo loops. It's really not any different than using the effects loop in Two-Rocks I've owned though, so I don't worry about it since that's how a real amp reacts using an effects loop. My buddy uses his on the front end of the amp/without a loop bc the amps he's owned before the KPA didn't have an effects loop. If you're looking for some sounds for your BigSky, I made the YouTube presets that Strymon demos on their website here:

Download for Strymon BigSky YouTube Presets

I've seen a lot of KPA users around here mention Strymon pedals. I think many of us can agree that Strymon makes great YouTube demos. In particular, the tones in their BigSky videos are what sold me on it without ever having played the pedal (I'm sure I'm not alone in that). After having the pedal for over a year now, I recently went back and watched some of the demos. To my surprise, I found that none of the YouTube "presets" actually came on the pedal's factory preset list. As I mentioned, those sounds are what sold me on the pedal, so I went through each video and made/saved the presets on my BigSky with the name/settings shown in the videos. I've since made a backup and have it available for download if anyone else wants to sync the YouTube presets over to their BigSky using the Librarian software.

These are hands down the best tones I've heard come from the BigSky. By downloading this backup, you'll save yourself 5 hours of having to manually make all 29 banks (87 presets) shown in the videos. :S These are setup for stereo use (like in the videos, settings are an exact copy), so if you're running a mono setup you'll need to pull the mix and feedback settings back. The presets are setup in order of reverb type from Hall -> Room, as that was the order on Strymon's BigSky playlist. When you load the back up in the Librarian, the YouTube presets will be located in banks 20A - 49C and they all start with $ in front of the name. If you have questions on how to load them over to your BigSky without erasing your own presets, please refer to this link.

Librarian Instructions
    http://www.strymon.net/support…nload-usage-instructions/

BigSky Backup
    https://goo.gl/jvMtra

Enjoy,
    - Brady

I think I know the answer to this, but I was wondering if anyone had a method for sending a stereo signal from their KPA to the FOH without taking up 2 channels in their snake. I'm thinking TRS to XLR or something of the like, but I would assume the signal would go back to mono at the board since it's on 1 channel?

I'm a complete midi noob, so I'm running the UNO4Kemper in my FBC. Are you saying that I can chain the midi devices (FBC -> Timeline -> KPA), and have the FBC setup (for example) to control the KPA Performance Mode on the bottom row and the TImeline's looper controls (including reverse, half speed) on the top row?

I received an email from Strymon about a new multi-switch they're selling for $99. In addition to some other features, it enables looper functionality without being in the Timeline's dedicated looper mode. For KPA owners who already own a Timeline and who are primarily interested in the KPA Remote for the looper, this switch will save you $500. In all honestly, I'd love to have the KPA remote! I really would. However, I already own the Timeline and FCB, so this just makes more financial sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XzuWJPi11c