Posts by zenTera

Yes, it is, just tried it. You can connect it to the jacks for pedal 1 or 2 and then choose this connection to be a stereo-switch. Then you can assign different actions to the switches, not everything you want, but for example switching on and off A/B, X/MOD, rig up/down. (Would be great for a future update if you could assign the two functions completely apart from one another.)

Hi all,

I'd love to order an active wedge, but I have some questions before, maybe you can help?

• Does anybody have a clue, how much the shipping costs to Germany may be?

• If I order now, I will be put on a waiting list, and as soon as one wedge is available I will be asked if I want it?

• What about warranty? Living in Germany I'm used to a warranty of 2 years. I usually order from Thomann and never had any problems. How will this be when I order directly from Atomic in the States? Would I have to send the wedge back to Atomic if something would break up?

• There is no other way to order from Germany than ordering directly from Atomic, right?

Thanks for your help
    Tom

Brwosing to many Profiles I realised that most of the profiles are far too trebly for me. I have this on HEadphones, on IOn Ear and out of the Box (there with Cabinet switched off).

Often it sounds harsh to my ears. Is there any powerfull vintage sound without sparkling highs for download? Like e.g. the one used on the first two ZZ Top LPs or like Walter Trout sounds.

I tried the Shiva with Lead Booster with -2 and it helps. Then I put in the graphic eq and pushed the lower mids and added a little compression. Less gain and there you go. Perfect smooth and defined. It is alot of work to do but finally you got the sound. I wonder why most of the profiles are zu fuzzy thin, compressed and trebly. Thanks for the hints.

after a few days with the kemper I found very good clean sounds. I have good crnch sounds too but I did not find any good lead sounds. all the profiles I checked where much too heavy and trebly.

I am looking for something fusion like. a little holdsworth a little samtana a wnith a good attack stromg low mids and not fuzzy.smooth and fat.

Can somebody help with a good profile. I had a similar problem withvthecaxecfx. There I found the fractal model "fusion" which suited my needs.
    Please help!

hi, after installing and anpacking i find all the files. but clicking the *.py file there is onky avglimpse of the window. something is preventing the program fromnlaunching.

Anybody here with similar problems and perhaps a solution.

After installing and unpacking the Editor and klicking the .py file the program does not start. There is a short blink from the window and then it stops. No Editor. Where´s my mistake?

I have windows 7.

Vorschläge für das optimale Midipedal für Kemper

1. Gehäuse

Abmessungen nicht größer als das MFC101 Insgesamt 20 Taster. Alles aus Metall.
    Es sollte schräg gebaut sein (wie GCP). Das ist besser als in Stufen (MFC101)
    weil ich nicht soviel Staub ansammelt.

Geschraubte dicke Gummifüße an der Unterseite.

2. Layout

15 Drucktaster (Metall, analog MFC oder Voodoo Lab GCP) für Preset-Anwahl.

Ich würde die ohne Druckpunkt verwenden.

Optionale (!) Nutzung von 5 oder 10 davon für Stomps (einstellbar).

Up and Down Taster, sowie Edit und Function

Parameter, Page usw. können doppelt belegt sein.

Taster für Tuner.

3. Pedal

- Eingebautes Expressionpedal. Dieses sollte sehr stabil aus Metall gebaut sein.

- Die Achse sollte in der Gängigkeit einstellbar sein mit einer kleinen
    Schraube. Line 6 (HD500) und Digitech (RP1000) haben das ganz gut gelöst.

- Ein echter USP wäre es, wenn man das Pedal optional rechts mit einer Schraub-
    oder Steckverbindung befestigen könnte. Dann kann man wählen, ob man das Pedal
    mit oder ohne Pedal kauft.

- Noch toller, wenn man optional noch ein zweites anbauen könnte.

4. Case

- Es sollte ein schönes Case geben in drei Größen, in dem man das Board ohne
    mit einem oder 2 Pedalen unterbringen kann. Hier könnte man auch zu Swanflight verlinken. Die bauen für viele
    Pedale am Markt passende Cases von hoher Qualität.

5. Zusätzliche Features

- Schalter für Expression Funktion: Drucktaster mit 3 LEDs (Wah, Volume, Pitch)
    neben dem Expression Pedal.

- Es ist immer die im Rig hinterlegte Funktion aktiviert, wenn das Pedal bewegt
    wird. Man - sollte einstellen können an welchem Wert das Pedal beim betätigen
    startet. Man sollte auch einstellen können, wann die Funktion sich wieder
    ausschaltet (sobald es ruht oder nach ein paar Sekunden oder ob es an dem Wert
    stehen bleibt)

- Durch Druck auf den Taster kann man auf die beiden anderen Funktionen
    umschalten und auf local Presets dafür zugreifen.

6. Stromversorgung

- Das Netzteil ist am besten eingebaut mit Kaltgerätestecker.

- Die Verbindung zum Kemper auf alle Fälle über ein Midikabel. Nicht über RJ45,
    da das alles andere als Roadtauglich ist.

- Bei Verwendung von 7-Pol Kabeln sollte Phantomspeisung funktionieren, um das
    Stromkabel zu vermeiden.

7. Display

- Flüssigkeitskristall Display mit starkem Kontrast (beleuchtet) Mindestens 20
    Zeichen.

- Übernahme der Rig Namen aus dem Kemper automatisch

- Tuner sehr gut sichtbar.

Hi all,

I'm new to Kemper and this Forum.

Just had the opportunity to test a Kemper (without power amp) for the last two weeks - but unfortunately too less time, to really test it in deep. I played it at home through the power amp of a self built tube-amp and very short on one rehearsal through the direct out into our PA. I'm really impressed by the Kemper, especially the sound at home (not sooo glad in the rehearsal room via PA without monitor, but I had only 15 minutes to test a little bit, so I'm sure it's my fault).

But I need your recommendation now: Which version should I buy, the non-powered version or the power-amp? Most of the time I would use it in the rehearsal room, for gigs I think it might go into the PA (or not!?).
    My options would be:

• Buy the power amp and use my self-built 2x12 Celestion Vintage 30 box in the rehearsal room and for monitoring on stage (or even producing the whole guitar sound in smaller venues). This would of course mean, that the box would colour the sound of the rigs (with cab-sim off, of course).
    • Buy the non-powered version plus a separate power amp (I would go with a Rocktron Velocity 300, because that might be affordable for me) and use the box like mentioned above.
    • Buy the non-powered version plus a separate active monitor box (like the DXR10, which seems to be good when reading this forum) and forget my 2x12

I'm really unsure, also because up to now there is not too much information from users or testers to be found about the sound/quality of the new power-head.
    Has anybody here experience with these alternatives and can give me a hint what to do?

Thanks in advance

Tom

P.S.: If you look at my alias: Yes, I have been playing it for some years, the "King of the digital amps", the Hughes&Kettner zenTera. Still like it a lot, but it has to go now. If anybody is interested in it, please leave me a message.