Posts by mdeeRocks

I get what you are saying and fundamentally I agree, we just need to be patient. A little poke from time to time like "a librarian would be nice" is more than enough I suppose. I don't know how many people Kemper employs, but it's not a huge team.
    The thing is we don't know how having or not having a librarian affects Kemper business. My theory is it doesn't, your theory is it does, that's fine. But what I propose is to not irritate Kemper team too much (keeping in mind they said software is in the pipeline), because they do read these forums from time to time and answer our questions - that itself is something extraordinary. If we start pounding on them, they may chose to not to come here anymore, I have seen it too many times on lots of forums.

I am sorry if I am lecturing.. I just enjoy what I have and (I am still surprised) Kemper delivered everything what it advertised on the box -all other stuff is a bonus.

p.s. I'd not use more rigs than I use now.. maybe I'd check an amp or two here and there but that's it. :)

I certainly wouldn't sell my Kemper due to lack of an editor - it's too good at what it does and I love it
    For this reason, many members here will be several generations of modelling in....

True. I had a couple of them and to be frank and direct, they were all crap, editor or not - to the point that I stopped using modellers for many years, despite what I've tried. They all felt like playing a guitar synth, awful. Lots of them didn't even deliver the tone.
    Up until Kemper. I was very hesitant to buy it, went to the shop a couple of weeks after release (to buy a boutique point to point wired 5 watt amp not to check a Kemper) , they had one on display for everyone to try in the centre of the shop, I didn't even bother to try it, just gave it a look and thought "oh another device which will fail to deliver". Then I watched some videos, heard a couple of albums and year after decided to get one without even trying one in person. I was really anxious when I plugged it in.. but it took me 5 minutes to get my jaw dropped.
    I never had any temptation to use an editor since then. Either my own amps profiled (including Carrera the amp I bought on the day I ignored Kemper :) ) or factory/3rd party rigs (including TAF Carrera which on full setting sounds and feels just like real thing) cover everything I need in a couple of small EQ tweaks.
    Kemper is a small company, they have limited resources which they use for developing things they think they are important (and they very likely know the best which ones are) - I don't think they owe us any new features after sale. Maybe librarian is not one of these things (never been promised on the box)?Do people really have use for 1000s rigs? I have about 300 loaded (of which I use maybe 50-60 of 4-5 amps) and it's totally manageable as is, librarian would be a cherry on top.
    I'd say if having an editor and USB out is a priority for someone, go buy a POD, Axe or whatever other unit has these features right now. Spitting out BS threats like "they will start loosing out to other companies" is just silly and disrespectful for Kemper team.

Built in USB audio interface would be redundant, Kemper is a professional level equipment and doesn't need one. Librarian would be very welcome, but I can live without it, but I don't download 100s of rigs, I think I've downloaded less than 50 since I've got the Kemper 6 months ago.
    I am sure librarian will happen sooner or later.

You may be out of luck with this one. I use BB preamp a lot too and I couldn't recreate the sound of it in Kemper. Disclaimer : I don't really like spending time fussing with gear, so maybe someone did it (btw sticking EQ in front of signal chain won't work).
    If I really need this tone I just hook up my BB preamp, but most of the time I am happy with kemper native green scream, tone set about - 3, low gain.

Posted this in another thread, but here's the better place I think:

Hm...I'm not so sure what to think about this profile. It has way too much high end for my taste, even if I roll off Treble and Presence. Found out that it works better for me when I change the cab. Anyone who noticed this too? Or is it simply the way Doug Aldrich sounds?

What is your guitar? You need something which doesn't sound too bright and has humbuckers (a Les Paul will do). Also, playing this profile (and many others) alone and in headphones doesn't make sense, crank it up and put some Whitesnake backing track on :)

Sounds just like modded Marshall to me and very close to Doug Aldrich gear (for true authentic sound you need his Majix Box signature pedal though).

KRKs here, they have quite warm highs which I like very much. I'd not use them for any reference/mixing stuff tho.

Overall I hate headphones and almost never use them, but they work very well when I do.

Luke's always Mr. Nice Guy. Everything phantastic, awesome, great, enjoyable when he's talking ... but there's always some "well, honestly I don't care at all" in his face. What he says about the Bogner amps, I wouldn't be surprised if he had said the same stuff about all of his gear in the past. While he's a gifted guitar player, I still consider him an example of pointless paid endorsements.

My experiences are that the better guitarist the less they care about gear/tone from gear. They know they will sound the same on pretty much any gear and they are more focused on playing than gear.

Use a real pedal in front of the unit,personally i feel drive pedals in kemper are forgettable.

Interesting. Last week I hooked up a couple of pedals to my Kemper.
    - BB preamp plus
    - majik box fuzz universe
    - kelley modified ts
    - max on od808
    I must say that these are no slouch, I really like all of them and use them a lot with my valve amps.
    Played for a day and unhooked them. I could do most if not all sounds using Kemper built ins. Was there a difference, sure there was (BB can do more sounds and is very smooth for instance), but it was within cork sniffing range and not worth the hassle of keeping pedalboard under my desk.

Long time Cubase user (since early 90s). Switched to Presonus Studio One about a year ago and never looked back. I also work in ProTools very often and I still prefer Presonus.

Problem with "established" DAWs is that they have a ton of legacy code which makes them inefficient (IMO) and some workflows are slightly dated. Studio One is relatively new and very modern. It's also very fast and doesn't have a problem where 50% of its code is there to solely run copy protection measures.

Amp -> feel
    Cab -> tone

Most of the tone comes from cab/guitar pickups and first and foremost your fingers/technique. Lots of differences between valve amps come from tone stacks they use. I can get a twin to sound heavy like hell with proper cab and guitar, but it won't react like dual rectifier, hence it will sound different.
    In Kemper world there is also mic placement, mic type and preamp type in the equation, which affects the tone much more than the amp itself.