Posts by mdeeRocks

I have no problem with slow/fast tuner in Kemper, I can use both ways, seems to work fine for attack tuning and release tuing (btw there is no hard and fast rule how to tune, that depends what you play and your play style, the guy on the video is half right at most, lol).
    What I'd very much like is instead of that bulb we have now - I'd rather see a detailed display with cents and markers (maybe as an option).

What Caveman said. There is much more to the guitar tone than just loading a profile and the most important ingredient is the player. Two other important pieces are bass player and drummer. Type of pick, pick angle, etc are as important as amp settings.
    Every decent producer and most professional guitarists know that (if they don't then a good producer will tell them ;)). In reality they are usually not so protective about sharing their gear settings, because of all the above (in other words they don't give a damn because they know nobody is going to sound exactly like them)
    If Michael W or whoever else releases a profile pack I'd like to hear their favourite amp/preamp/cab/mic combinations, not some artist/album signature tone. Just what they think sounds good and what they like to use.
    Until then, there was a rig pack released a couple of days ago which sounds as good as any studio profile out there and there are a couple of others available for months from all major and minor ;) profile sites.

I would literally punch a kitten in the face just to have the sneap profiles :D . Cool thing with the EZmix pack but never been a fan of that. I´d rather have those profiles.

No need to punch a kitten. Book some time in the studio and ask the producer to profile an amp of your choice for you.

Looks like every major and less major producer have a private spokesperson on this forum. I am just waiting for Ozzy Osbourne or at least very close friend of him to pop in ;) I also know a couple of people who have Hendrix profiles made by the man himself, but can't share, sorry. :D

Am the I only one who thinks people are reading WAY to much Into this video and what he's saying? I'm gonna chop this up to things that are "never gonna happen"... As I've said before... I'll be happy to eat my words, but I would Bet my last paycheck this is never gonna happen.... He was being polite on camera and put on the spot in a sense... Come on guys.... Seriously....

Seriously why? Do you think a person of his calibre and experience would be so silly to think that releasing a couple of profiles to general public would all of sudden damage his business or something? That is really funny and possibly borderline insulting to Michael W.
    If anything is a problem it's most likely time.
    I find your attitude on this forum really childish to be honest.

Hi just chiming in,

Purchased a Rack about 2 weeks ago, told a few days later it would be January till I got it, asked about the lunchbox head instead, Told start/mid November! so i was like sure thing. yesterday got an e-mail saying ALL kempers are going to be most likely the latter half of December at-least. what the hells going on!?!

Pointless!!! Feel like cancelling the order, bad start to the kemper life if they cant even make them for their customers paying £1300+ at a decent rate!

Probably some M4x78.345 bolt needed to attach some stuff inside is on backorder and most likely not much can be done about it.

I totally agree with you. CK should raise the price to at least £1800. 8o

PS. What is pro grade palm muting (is it better than normal palm muting).. I didn't need to palm mute in my sample at all.

In time and right amount of muting. It's huge part of the tone you (I think) are seeking. Right hand technique is as much or even more important to this tone as the amp is. What pick you use and angle of pick is really important too (try to use thin pick (0.7 - 0.8) and angle it quite a lot, so it just scratches the strings and see what happens) - pick angle affects the tone of thick strings a lot.

From production point of view you can try to bump low mids. If you have a parametric EQ, set it to flat initially, then set it to quite narrow and quite high boost (+5 to +10db) and shift the frequency between 200 to about 1200 while playing a DI track via Kemper (re-amping). You should be able to find a magic spot. Then lower the boost to about +2 (or just use your ears).
    Again, I can't emphasize this enough, use less gain. Lasse's profiles are tuned to his guitar and his technique, so you may tweak them a bit to taste.
    Hope that helps.