Posts by turtletaub

I have submitted a ticket to Kemper on this already. In the meantime I wanted to see if anyone could suggest a fix for this.

The story so far, I've had the KPA power head since 2013. Over the years I have had no issues connecting the KPA to the computer. A few years ago due to health issues I boxed the KPA up and put it in the closet where it sat for three years. I recently started using a newly legalized medication with amazing results. I decided it was time to break out the KPA again and updated everything (os, rm, windows 10, and any hardware you can update on the pc (bios chipset etc.). I had never had the KPA connected to this particular pc as I'd only purchased it within the last year. I connected the KPA to the PC and got the unrecognized device prompt . I looked in device manager and saw the "Unknown USB Device (device descriptor Request Failed)" error on the connection.

In the following days I have tried 6 different usb a-b cables (5 that were brand new). I have taken my KPA back to OS 1.8, upgraded it to OS 7.3.2 and then to OS 7.4.1. Uninstalled RM 3.0.131 and reinstalled it countless times. I have tried connecting the KPA another PC and it doesn't even recognize that a USB device was plugged in (no sound indications, no popups and nothing in the device manager). I tried connecting the KPA to a laptop and it behaved exactly as the second PC did. I connected the KPA to yet another laptop and got the same unknown usb device error I originally got the my 1st PC. Also both PCs and both laptops had RM 3.0.131 freshly installed on them.

I've tried using the useless windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and attempted to update the drivers of every possible usb listing in device manager several times. I disabled the USB Selective Suspend Settings. I've been into the registry to attempt a suggested fix. Nothing has worked. One thing I have noticed is that the unknown usb device error appears when I hook up the USB whether the KPA is powered on or not. Any ideas? 8|

kpA

First, My apologies if this is covered somewhere else already. I searched for this info here on the boards to no avail. My questions are A) How much usable storage space is inside the Kemper? B) What is the maximum number of profiles you can have stored in the Kemper at one time? C) If necessary, is it possible to use an external HDD in cojunction with the Kemper to increase usable profile space? Thanks!

I am on the fence about which Kemper version to get. If I go with the powerhead would I be able to bypass using the built in power amp and use it like I would the non powered version?