Posts by hollowbuddy

About 12 years ago, I played rhythm guitar on a track Michael did lead and over dubs on. He used a first gen POD. Point being, anything is possible. He and Lukather are old friends- Good chance he's at least tried a KPA.

and, he is also a geek of gears like Steve = so he has probably tried already a Kemper !

... but I didn't see one on THIS video ? look at this ( same gig) video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1QQN9XdOQw

He is playing which seems a Fender with an extension cab , no ?

I would like he owns one and ... share some profiles of his Dumble ... and some other jewels !!!

( he is used to sell his equipments here = http://stores.ebay.com/lavintagegear/ ... take a look, sometimes it's ... amazing !!! )

Hb :thumbup:

... THANKS for this fast answer !

... decent price, nice functions ... it will be hard to wait ! : but he will :)

... I'm probably TOO impatient and will ask questions already answered (?) :

. what do you plan to do : sell it on thru your web site ?

. when ?

. what will be the price range ?

YES ... we need a such tool !

GREAT job !

Hey
    I just recorded a gypsy jazz tune with a hollowbody
    It might not be the traditional jazz tone, but I like it : )

https://soundcloud.com/matbinetruy/topsy

... finally, this demonstrate that the Kemper is NOT only for Metal sounds !

... if the profile is a good choice ... YOUR playing is part of the success :thumbup:

Congrats ! ( félicitations l'ami, très bon jeu , très beau son ! )

PS : BTW = what guitar do you use ?

I am a real bad jazz player BUT, with my PRS HB, I have found a lot of profiles to get great Jazz sounds : Studio clean Package from Amp Factory, some Fender profiles and

some "dumble-like" profiles.

I'm confident you will find some real interesting profiles for Jazz !

100% AGREE !!! :thumbup:

I think Larry Carlton uses/used the FRFR cabs onstage for fx (and perhaps acoustic guitar) only. There's always sound from his Dumble's (or Bludo's these days) cabinet onstage.

Yes, you're correct :

1°) "There's always sound from his Dumble's (or Bludo's these days) cabinet onstage" : BUT "he" said that this is NOT his MAIN sound :

2°) ... coz, as you mention : all the effects are applied in the mixing board and FRFR section which becomes his MAIN sound.

For sure probably having BOTH solutions -FRFR and Amp cab- is a "tricky" ( and interesting ?! ) solution and "I" can't speak of a PURE FRFR solution ;)

... but I know a guitar player SO USED with miked amp that, on stage he always used his amp miked thru a FRFR solution .

... his amp is a .... DUMBLE ( honest amp ... ) , and this guitar player is Larry Carlton.

I think that "this" guy doesn't sound bad at all ... :thumbup:

He starts from the fact that finally people are used to ALWAYS listen "miked amp" : on records and on stages ( may be not small stages without P.A ).

I've try both way ( amp cab and FRFR ) and honestly the difference doesn't hurt me so much. I can live with :) (more difficult to live NOW without my Kemper ... )

Salut Matt ;)

... a week ago, and you've already found some right profiles for a good recording !

... and it's only the beginning of the journey ...

Enjoy, and welcome to the board :thumbup:

( et bravo pour l'achat, les sons et l'enregistrement ... puisqu'il semble qu'on est quand même un petit clan de Français sur ce Kemper 8o )

a great THANKS lightbox, HELL-G

... I was REALLY wrong, waiting during the power on !

Btw : all the folders found in the "FACTORY CONTENT" ( amplifier, delay, ... ) have to be created at the root of the usb ( or ? in rigs ? ... )

I wish to be sure to load all these new stuffs.

Thanks to be so patient ...

SORRY ( ;( ), I've two dumb questions, and it seems in relation with this topic :

1°) the "Firmware 2.2.0 Public Beta " is now downloadable = is there ONLY for BETA testers ?

2°) if not , how to upgrade : I am remembering to be ask for bios update DURING the power on ( correct or I'm wrong ? )

COZ, I've download this 2.2.0, put it in the "OS Update" folder and nothing ( no question at all ) during the power on ???

Where am I wrong ??? :whistling:

Really sorry to bother you with such basic questions ...

THANKS anyway for some explanations

I do agree that a software editor is far less required than a serious librarian with a database and tagging, ranking, sorting, filtering features... :)

Totally with you in this point :thumbup:

It becomes real fast, hard to manage so many good profiles and a such software will improve greatly the KEMPER efficience !

Press and hold Cabinet button, press store, press soft button 1 Cabinet, name to your likingn, press store. This works on all stomps and effects modules as well as EQ, input and output settings too.

Real interesting, THANKS !

May be you know this other point : how, with the usb, load NEW cabinets ? special folder ? what the name of this folder ? ...

thanks,

ah come on ...

>I've done the survey , just after buying some "single" packs ... and never ask for my discount 8)

... ok, this story is not fair BUT it's not the more important thing = the quality and the prices of Andy profiles !

... without any discount, as soon as I'll see new amps on my taste, I'll buy them :sleeping:

And if the survey helps Andy to be even more efficient ... that's enough for me ;)