Posts by hollowbuddy

as an old sixty years old dude with 45 years of music loving ( not at all a professionnal, a good guitar player, ... no, nothing, only a retired computer manager :whistling: ) =

I was an "anal" geek of TUBES, tubes amps, ... !!! ask me about NOS 12AX7, 12AT7, STR 415 6L6, ... ...

... of course, I had a lot of "boutique amps" ... but, I keep my Fuchs ODS30, my Rivera period Fender 75, Concert II and Princeton II

BUT this KEMPER blows my mind !!!

I never imagine to own IN THE SAME TIME, 100/200 boutique amps PLUS 100/200 vintage amps !!!!

Honestly, in a mix or live, this top gear DOES the job !!! At home, at one feet of the cab, you can always say = Ha, the high are a bit digital (raw), ha it miss some "air", ha, ha ...

But at the end ... you play, you play changing "profiles" , ... and life is so good !

I just bought something like 12 single packs ( and until now, have not the time to test them all !!! ) from the Amp Factory = but with the first tested all I can, is to confirm what I say previously !!!

Profiling will probably be the futur : but in the present, it's already so much efficient and ... so fun !

BUT, stay awake = as soon as possible (Time, neighborhood), I'll make some serious profiles from my "real special" Fuchs ODS30 with Nos tubes, STR 415 6L6 and old Mesa-Boogie

Eminence speakers ( and of course of my Fender/Rivera point-to-point wired, Nos tubes, amps )

Anyway = thanks KEMPER , you introduce a lot of efficience and FUN in our life !

Hb :thumbup:

Ps = of course, I'll comment all these Amp Factory Profiles ... which seem so amazing !!!

Hi! I'm using an Electrovoice from a Boogie cab with my ODS and I'm really happy with it. There are some profiles in the Rig Exchange (search "PACO").

I bought those Armin's Fuchs profiles and that Fuchs Black Jack with v30s sounds very different from my ODS, but those profiles are very good.

Saludos!

Hi PACO,

a great thanks = that will be real interesting for me to compare !

and thanks too for the advices concerning thes Armin's fuchs profiles.

I'll keep you inform of my own profiling, my tests , ...

Hb :thumbup:

My Fuchs sounds about the same :)

If thisVAN WEELDEN Twinkleland sounds as it looks !!!

But Yes, I'm really happy too with my Fuchs ODS30.

I tweak it a little bit in a "strange" way : The Fender clean miss me too much and the mid-oriented dumble kind of sounds are sometime too much for me.

So I've put on it an old Eminence 12" used by Mesa Boogie on the 80' Mark IIB and a set of "ol good" Philips 6L6 STR415.

NOW : imagine a cross between an ODS30 and a Mark IIB = still that singing overdrive BUT may be a litlle more agressive and more "fender" clean.

I got my Kemper one week ago and I'm a noob in recording, but I've a SM57 and an old Sennheisser 441 : so as soon as I'll better know the KPA and how to profile

I'll try to get some amazing profiles ! ... give me some time ;) ( I'll probably need some advices ... ! )

José