Posts by Peto

2.4.0 WAS a RELEASE version for some days.

You are right, but it was a mistake on Kemper's side.
    I was rather referring to normal software development flow.
    I can tell you, that if I was dependent on Kemper as a tool used in production flow, I would not update to release version sooner as two week after release date and thorough forum reading. It's better to be safe than sorry in this case.

So by the time I have updated the RM, there was no way of reverting to the "old" RM to use the workaround solution, because on the KPA support page there are no links to download previous RM versions.

With software like this I use to keep all downloaded versions for such cases.
    If you need older version of RM, you can PM me and I will send it to you. ;)

Problem 2:

Let's say someone DOESN'T KNOW about the bug and reamps half of a project using the "buggy" firmware. Later, they update the firmware (keeping in mind that Kemper team promised that firmware upgrades will never change the CORE sound of a profile) but the SOUND IS CHANGED. I would go crazy!!

The best solution here is not to use anything which is beta in production flow. It was said many times before. Beta version is only for users, who are willing to play with latest versions and to discover possible bugs. If you want to be sure to get bug-free firmware revisions, use only RELEASE versions and not BETAs.

As for Problem 1, you are right, this was mistake on Kemper's side, they told us it will never happen again.

I would not take it so serious. Imagine, that Kemper releases no beta versions and we get only regular release versions once in 3 months.
    Some of us prefer to get beta toys, because we are curious about new features and we like to play with fire. And it also helps Kemper in testing new features.

Vyzera to tak, ze sme sa s Hallanom dost vycerpali pri tomto 5-stranovom dialogu. Cakame na novych Kemperitanov... :)
    Nas dialog sme presunuli na Skype. Toto forum vsak pozorne sledujeme a nemozeme sa dockat dalsich tvari!

Piste a hned sme tu!!! :D

This will be a huge mess, since you completely loose track of for which version the single posts are.

Timo, I know what you mean, but I look at this thread as a book, where you can understand each page(post) only when you know the context (you already have read previous pages(posts)).
    I don't think you need to know about single post, which version is referenced. But you can always learn it by reading few previous related posts.

I am sure, that the latest posts in this thread will always deal with latest firmware available. It will be compared with previous versions, which will always be referenced.

The main motivation behind starting this thread was, that discussion for official Kemper announcements was disabled and we can not discuss each version there. From the structural point of view, It would definitely be better solution to have discussion under each FW release announcement from Kemper. But on the other side, everyone interested in new FW will be automatically notified about possible bugs and their fixes.

I didn't like browsing all the forums, after new FW release, to find out what other users think about it. Discussing it in one thread is better in my opinion.

What about the tone change? Still using 2.3 until that's fixed too but no word about it.

"Tone change" between 2.3.3 & 2.4.0 is discussed here as "bass-bug" or "bass-response bug". As for now, Maurizio And Raoul reported this bug as fixed.
    Still, there is no official confirmation from Kemper, that this bug was fixed.

2.4.1. Public Beta released

This firmware introduces the following new features.

User Interface
    - changed: improved boot time
    - added: reset of global parameters 'Init Globals' in System menu

Most important question with 2.4.1 PB is, whether the "bass bug" was fixed as many of us are sticking to 2.3.3.
    Maurizio70 reported here, that it's fixed. Anybody else tried it?

I think we could discuss all new firmware releases in one thread, so all the information regarding bugs and beta testing will be in one place.
    After each new release, title can be changed to reflect latest fw number.
    I can also think of continuing th Djemass's thread about 2.4.0.
    What do you think? :)

EDIT: After discussion, we found out that model "one thread for one fw version" will be better solution.

I made binary compare on fw files (2.4.0 Beta vs. 2.4.0 Release). It looks like there are more changes present than simple version number change.
    This could mean that code was changed too and bugs were fixed. But this should definitely be mentioned in changelog.
    And I also think, that if there was confirmed bug in version 2.4.0 Beta, it should not be silently elevated to Release version. I would expect to release it as 2.4.1 just to make things clear.