Posts by ROOG

Sorry I've only just got around to this.

I admit it, I am struggling and in need of guidance.

I have joined up in the hope that you wise Kemper type people might be able to help me to decide if "The Kemper" is the right next step, and possibly the last, (LOL!) in my search for my ideal Guitar companion.

I don't envisage gigging my rig, and I expect my set up to remain home based and used at low volume most of the time.

I'm into clean jazzy tone, perhaps one day I will sound like that my self.

Please forgive the daft questions that are likely to come your way, perhaps I might be able return the favour in time.

One day people may speak of the original 'Vintage' Kempers, complete with 'dings and dents' making them 'Authentic Vintage', by definition they will of course sound better than those which are to follow.

Log-in in 30 years time to read the threads! :)

That's good to know, cheers. I didn't want to introduce fans into the equation.

As it keeps cool it would be interesting to know how much processing goes on during play?

Lots of dedicated chips probably help with efficiency.

Thank you for your replies guys.

I guess I'm a bit twitchy about this because heat distribution in digital equipment can be a sensitive issue, I note that the rack mount unit has a ventilation grill on the top which wouldn't be quite so effective if the unit were orientated "knobs up" so to speak.

Having said that the head style unit doesn't seem to have vents on the top so perhaps I'm fretting over nothing?

Do they get very warm after a few hours of being on?

Thank you very much for your replies, your detail is very helpfull.

I just know from experience that I am going to end up using them more than a power amp and cab, so they will need to be comfortable too, I'll have to try a few of your suggestions.

As the title says really, I'm forced to use headphones for much of the time at home and I wondered how well the Kemper works with a decent pair of headphones? I don't know if they qualify as FRFR devices nor whether the Kemper can sound a bit harsh through cans as some amps in my experience do?

If it is a flyer, any particular recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers for reading, I look forward to your replies.

Bit of a weird question I guess but, does anyone know if Kemper permit a rack mounted unit (non-power amp) to be used in a vertical orientation, i.e. controls facing upwards?

Considering a kind of console mounting arrangement.

Anyone use theirs this way up?

I've only just 'woken up' to the Kemper solution and I am planning to buy a non powered head to use with an active monitor, this seems like quite a neat solution. I have noticed that a fair few of you seem to be swapping your head for a powered head.

I'm not doubting your decision, I just wondered what your reason was?

Being in my position I could go either route and I'd like to avoid making an obvious mistake.

Cheers

I can see from the back view of the DXR that it can accept 'L' & 'R' input signals through the un balanced input jacks, does that mean that a single DXR can internally combine the 'L' & 'R' signals to produce a 'full' mono output from it's speaker?

I've just today received a response from Yamaha to my question;

"The DXR mixer section and amp units are the same on all four models and I am pleased to advise that they do have a stereo input which will accept both L & R signals to give you a full mono output."

I think that this means that if I put stereo in, the speaker will produce mono from combining the 'L' & 'R' signals. At least I hope that is the case.

I can see from the back view of the DXR that it can accept 'L' & 'R' input signals through the un balanced input jacks, does that mean that a single DXR can internally combine the 'L' & 'R' signals to produce a 'full' mono output from it's speaker?

Also, has anyone considered the DXR-8 instead of the '10'?

Cheers

I may be able to put together a make shift rig at first, but it would be nice, having 'invested' in the Kemper, to get the best out of it from the out set.

Cool, I'm amazed by the number of your responses, thanks.

I can see that the kids may have to lower their expectations for Christmas to help fund a nice little profiling amp!

Just checked out some of the vids, I like the mr sandman clip too, great vintage echo effect on the amp.