Hi All

• Sorry I've only just got around to this.

I admit it, I am struggling and in need of guidance.

I have joined up in the hope that you wise Kemper type people might be able to help me to decide if "The Kemper" is the right next step, and possibly the last, (LOL!) in my search for my ideal Guitar companion.

I don't envisage gigging my rig, and I expect my set up to remain home based and used at low volume most of the time.

I'm into clean jazzy tone, perhaps one day I will sound like that my self.

Please forgive the daft questions that are likely to come your way, perhaps I might be able return the favour in time.

Edited once, last by ROOG ().

• Hey Roog, welcome here!

The Profiler, when properly used and amplified, can sound like anything and everything. The only doubt you might have would be "is it worth it for just a couple of tones?".
    In my opinion it is, because the Profiler is much more versatile than any amp, and can provide services and facilities amps can't. Furthermore, you may well use just a few tones but those tones can change in the months/years... "Clean jazz tone" is no standard,of course! Your Profiler will follow you, and even precede you, inspiring you for getting new tones and reaching new territories in the jazz feel realm.

Just get a very good and linear cab and you will be able to get any tone you want.

Keep in mind that on wikpa.org you'll find lots of hints and tricks for getting to know the device better :)

• Welcome!

Yes, the Kemper is perfect for your use case.

You can use any kind of amp tone - at any volume level - or even with headphones.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Welcome, Roog. The Kemper has become the ultimate tone machine for many users, so it would be great if you had one to play around for a few days, just to see if you could find your sound. There are a lot of excellent free profiles in the rig exchange that you could demo to see whether the machine has what you're looking for. Some people say there are even better commercial profiles, though I'm quite pleased with the free stuff put out by the commercial profile makers.

To boot, if you some day run into a more desirable tone from an amplifier, profile it and it'll be on the machine in the space of 5 minutes. So you won't miss out on anything.