Posts by MacOSatch

Hello!

I have a Matrix NL12 for about a week now, here is some experiences with Kemper Powerhead.

At first, I must say that Kemper Powerhead surprised me and convinced me to switch completely from tube heads.
    Even more, my band colleague switched to Kemper too :)

It works for me extremely well in all environments that I tried:
    - at home (best sound with guitar cab at low volume)
    - recording (ok, that is not really surprising :)
    - rehearsal (for me the most critical purpose, because I simply like how tube amps sound and feel loud)
    - gigging (second critical purpose, but for the first time direct to the PA)

Last about two months I am playing the Kemper through my guitar cabs (Diezel 2x12 Mesa V30, Koch 2x12 Vertical Mesa V30, CAA 2x12 Mesa V30) and it sounds and feels really as a good tube amp.

Because of the light weight for some gigs I decided to try the Matrix NL12.
    At first at home, low volume, I noticed the shrill highs, but I could work them out easily with Monitor Out EQ (Presence -1/-2 dB).
    It sounds some sort of more polished as my guitar cabs, but not bad, a bit different.

Yesterday I tried the NL12 at rehearsal, and in comparison to Koch 2x12 it sounds more clear, more PA-ish (sort of wider frequency range?) but in a good way.
    In the band mix (we play with acoustic drums) was my sound clear, good placed, really nice.
    Koch-Cab sounds good, more woody, with more mids and sort of muddy in direct comparison to NL12.
    I played it on the floor with Deeflexx Aura.

So, at the end, it seems that NL12 will be my main cab now :)

Here you can hear what I am playing: www.groundcollapse.com

thanks! that could work, I thought that maybe some effect has the possibility to automate the volume. I'll try and post the result :)

Hello!

I would need some help with setting (perhaps with understanding) performance tempo.

I want to have different tempo (in bpm) for each performance, the rig that I use is the same:
    - Performance 1: 135 bpm
    - Performance 2: 155 bpm

How can I set this?

Thanks!

I use my usual pedalboard with Kemper Powerhead (4cm) and it sounds great.
    For me that was the real test how good the amp profiles are, Kemper replace the Amp Head, the rest of the setup is the same.

The next step would be the try to use alle Effects from Kemper instead of pedalboard.
    My band college and me are at the moment on the way to use only Kemper live and at the rehearsal (of course for recording too).
    The first experiences with Kemper Effects are very good, I made easily some patches to play at home, but for the band I need some more work and time (put some stuff in right tempo, organize scenes/patches for Liquid Foot, I am waiting for).
    So, in few weeks I will post some experiences.

Effect setup (simplified):
    Guitar --> CAE Wah --> Strymon Mobius --> Kemper Input
    In FX Loop of the Kemper:
    Strymon Mobius --> Eventide H9 --> Strymon Timeline --> TC Hall Of Fame Mini

Here you can see some more stuff about my gear:
    http://www.groundcollapse.com
    http://www.kruno-music.com/blog/

I had Ultra and II, now I have Kemper Powerhead. In my opinion is feel of Kemper way better as the competence, it feels like a good tube amp – I am talking about playing Kemper Powerhead with normal guitar cab at the home volume, I did not try it at the rehearsal/gig volume enough (only once with a cheap 4x12 cab that I played for the first time – and it sounded awesome) to talk about this part.

After years of trying to achieve that Axe sounds and feels like a normal tube amp (tried a usual combinations: studio monitors, pa, few different ss and tube poweramps with guitar cab) I was very suspicious that a digital device can sound/feel like a good tube amp (I had/have Tone King Imperial, Suhr PT-100, Koch Twintone, Engl Blackmore/Steve Morse, Diezel Einstein, Diezel Hagen, Fender Supersonic, Marshall DSL ...). But, after I tried Kemper I was really surprised how good it sounds. The first try was simply to use it as a normal head with my pedalboard – only amp part, no Kemper-Effects. In only few minutes, without any tweaking, only searching for a profile I like, I could play! It sounded/felt awesome at the home volume! So since the first try it really replaced all my amps at home, and I play it a lot.

So the next step will be to use it at rehearsal – for me that is the most critical use because the guitar sound need to come from the Powerhead, not through the PA. And the one step more will be to try it gigging with the Kemper, but here I am more relaxed because usually I have a monitor wedge and the amp on the stage need to be silent as possible, so I hear the miced amp – and Kemper can do it really well. The next recording sessions I will make with Kemper too, I do not see any problems here. :thumbup:

my band: Ground Collapse