Posts by MacOSatch

Thanks, but it is enough reamping about the issue for me! I found the issue and it is Kemper but not FW.

The tracks that I posted I recorded with Eventide H9 in fx loop (OFF) and it seems that FX Loop bleeds even if the FX Loop Block is not in the rig! Better to say, as I recorded 2.3.3, Eventide was on the top of my Kemper but without cables connected, then as I plugged the USB Stick with 2.4.2 I (probably) saw the unconnected cables and connected it :) So I can explain very slight difference (one without Eventide in the loop, one with it – so I am not mad and hear good :)

Yesterday I recorded/reamped further tracks with both FWs but without Eventide in the Loop (I left it in the rehearsal room) and could not hear any difference.
    Today I connected the Eventide again and hat strong ambience preset ON (without Loop Block) and I heared it bleed through. Few weeks/days ago I had probably my main Eventide (weak) Delay preset ON, so I heard the difference in the sound but could not recognize it as Eventide Effect.

I experienced phasing issue with 2.4.2 at two gigs few weeks ago.
    I could not reproduce it (reamping, recording etc.) but today I found the reason.

And it is not only 2.4.2, the same issue is at 2.3.3 but somehow first time I hear it with 2.4.2 (coincidence!).

I have Eventide H9 in the FX Loop of Kemper. I use it for some ambience effects (eg. Ultra Algorithm).

So, the issue is, that I can hear very week (but is there; sounds as mix at 5%) Eventide Effect even if I do not have FX Block in X or MOD.
    Of course Eventide is ON. I try it again with FX Loop in X (set to OFF) the same bleed.

So before the "issue" somehow I always had Eventide OFF, so I did not hear anything. At those evenings and few times at home with 2.4.2 I had Eventide ON, so I hear phasing or different sound (eg if I had some pitch or delay algorithm ON).

So, my issue is that effects in fx loop – even without the fx loop block in X/MOD – bleed into the sound.

UPDATE! This issue is ONLY at POWER AMP OUT (to speaker), so it explains the Live experience.

By the way: "reamping", using a Zoom H4n and a Boss Looper is nothing but a joke.....

As you could see, I posted two files reamped directly through the main out too.
    Reamping with Zoom is a try to catch the differences from power amp into guitar cab.

Or do you think that using microphone in studio to record the guitar amp is joke too?

The files that I posted are discussion start point and not final evidences.

I would appreciate if you can do the reamping and post the files with your method.
    Only to criticize my method and presume some things (as "cheap interface") is not enough.
    At the end perhaps we find some result as: "There is no difference in FW if you use 1000 Euro monitors in treated studio through 2000 Euro interface".
    At least it would be a result.

Honestly: I can talk only about the sounds that I use in environment where I am and equipment that I have.
    Guitar Cab / Monitors (Yamaha, Genelec) / Headphones AKG 270 & AKG 450.

And when the difference with "effects on" is hearable, then we have difference, that is caused somewhere in the chain – that is enough for me.

And I do not use "Input Noise Gate" (always at 0).

About a hearing situation I can only say, that means that only few people are allowed to talk about it, because the rest of us do not have optimized studio?
    That is ridiculous. Purpose of my initial post was to hear experiences from other user (that have perhaps studio environment) and try to explain why I am hearing that (perhaps because of the room or cheap 200 Euro headphones and cheap 300 Euro/piece monitors).

So at the moment it seams that some people hear some difference and some don't. When the audio analysis find some differences, ok.
    What does it mean? That the difference is in FW? Not for sure. Perhaps is recording part a problem. Perhaps when I reamp few times with the same FW, I would get different results? Perhaps you can hear that only in a certain dynamic range (eg when I hit the strings hard, no difference). I do not know.

So it would be interesting if some other people do the reamping with the same profile (and some others profiles) and post them. Important are chords and power chords, in single note lines I do not hear the difference. Especially those people that do not hear the difference. So that I can "calibrate" my ears :)

If not is also OK for me. I spent to much time that I could better invest in playing the guitar :)

I suggest you do the same and you will see there is no difference. in case you hear something, post your clips and they will be subjected to different ears.

oh, by the way MacoSatch: you're not crazy at all!

the thing is that pshycology plays here some tricks! if I tell you there is a difference and therefore you prepare yourself to maybe hear some difference, you'll hear them for sure.

Thanks for the nice words :)

But problem is that I did not expect the difference and never before I heard/felt something (since I have Kemper, ca. 6 months).
    Some of those profiles I play since begin, with 2.4.2 it feels it is a different amp (a "bit" overstated of course :)

Here reamping with only one profile, only first part with chords is important (sorry for bad playing, and please no comments to guitar tuning)
    logic - spdif - Kemper - Main out mono - logic

Do you hear the slight difference, or I have something in the ears :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o2f…AADuaip_9L28PKYafujdmYYla

And live with guitar cab is the difference (for me as described) more noticeable.
    Would "reamping" such this help:
    - Boss RC-2 Looper - Kemper (different FWs) - guitar cab 1x12 with Creambacks - Zoom H4n

I may be wrong but I think I hear very slight difference in sound between 2.3.3 and 2.4.2 (Powerhead with guitar cab, Monitor Out Off).

Profiles that I play:

• TAF - AFV-63 Vibrolux Full
    • TAF - Reinhardt Crunch
    • Tills JVM 2 Mics 2
    • Tills Marshall 410HJS
    • LL - Liquid Leads
    • TAF - Diezel VH4 Solo

Do anybody hear/feel the same or am I crazy.
    I installed FW 2.4.2 few times in the last weeks but it feels always wrong (not dramatically wrong, a bit more treble, bit more fizzy, sometimes bit more gain).
    With 2.3.3 feel and sound as expected.

I have the same or similar problem, but it's only there when I'm turning the Master Volume Pot the first time after powering up the KPA. I turn the pot (no matter which direction) and for a certain range of the pot nothing happens until the screen displays the volume setting. The result is a volume jump, but after that the pot's function is normal.

Me too. Sometimes it does not react as usual. Eg I want to play at home with Master at 0.5. Sometimes at 0.5 is no sound at all, sometimes is louder at 0.2 as usually at 0.5. Few turns (random) completely down to 0.0 and it works as usual.

It would be silly because there are "few" amps – especially in higher price range – that can be controlled via midi.
    And ... it could have a basic midi implementation (send only on 1-3 different midi channels, CC fixed to the switches / as Midi Mate ), and it have less switches as MFC, so no competition to MFC.

I did some test reamping-recordings with 2.3.3 and 2.4.2 and tried to prove the "phasing issue" that I had (Thanks to Kemper Support).
    But I failed :) I recorded Main Out Mono, and the phasing effect is not there. So, I think that was probably venue/monitor-bleed issue that was emphasized through the reverb effect.

But, I can hear very, very slight difference in sound between two FW-recordings, but perhaps is this normal between two reampings (even with the same FW).
    So, for me, issue closed.

- check in Output if all outs are linked to master
    - check if Power Amp is on
    - make Monitor Cab Off
    - turn the master auf minimum
    - turn Kemper off
    - turn Kemper on
    - rise the Master (if still no sound, try few times from minimum to some level)