Posts by cudbucket

I opened a ticket with Kemper and was told their test machines usually take 60 seconds to boot up as well so I'm fine with that and appreciate the responses I got from the boys in the shop. I've yet to see any vids of a 22 second boot with hundreds of profiles though. 8)

And yes, the title of the thread should be changed.

Dave

I should add that I came from an Axe FX Ultra and was never impressed with the direct sounds I got. But right out of the box, I was very impressed with the Kemper going from the Direct Out into my Focusrite Saffire and out to the my KRK Rokit 5s. Even through headphones I thought it sounded light years ahead of anything else I tried.

The boot time not only depends on the number of rigs, but also on cabs, effect presets and thing like this.

The boot time not only depends on the number of rigs, but also on cabs, effect presets and thing like this.

I figured that might be the case. My KPA was purchased used. The previous owner had more than the stock cabs, effects, etc. By going back to stock, and then deleting 426 rigs and replacing them with 12 others, I was able to knock off about 8 seconds.

I'm laughing at myself a bit because while this doesn't impact my use of the profiler at all, it has become a minor obsession of mine to simply understand the issue. Thanks all.

Dave

Still the most important point for me is: is there help and support for the OP?
    Therefore he definitely should open a support ticket to sort out any specific issue that may be relevant here.

The over- exaggeration of the first post is past now, so: a warm welcome, man! ;)

Still the most important point for me is: is there help and support for the OP?
    Therefore he definitely should open a support ticket to sort out any specific issue that may be relevant here.

The over- exaggeration of the first post is past now, so: a warm welcome, man! ;)

Agreed. I opened a ticket yesterday as well.

I tried this yesterday and just realized that rather than decompress the backup, I just used the 7Zip GUI to directly modify the folders in the compressed file. The KPA took the rig-less backup without issue. Ingolf, any particular reason to decompress first and then re-compress?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

If you're refering to my post, the point of it was "mine loads very quickly, contact support because there's something wrong with your device". :)

Please don't twist this into something it is not.

If you're refering to my post, the point of it was "mine loads very quickly, contact support because there's something wrong with your device". :)

Please don't twist this into something it is not.

I wasn't referring to yours. Also, I'm not "twisting" anything. I'm just sharing my opinion. But for the record, I don't really think a 60 second boot up is too long. But I'm at least curious as to why some people can boot theirs very quickly with hundreds of rigs and others can't. Ultimately, I don't believe there is anything "wrong" with mine but I want to be sure.

I don´t actually see whats wrong with that? In that case the OP thought his very long load-up time was normal - until someone told him that something has to be wrong with his unit and that he should therefore have it checked.

Well, in this thread, the load-time issue has been called "lame" and others have basically said "Mine load very quickly I don't see why people complain about this". From the perspective of the person who is experiencing the issue, posts like that are just a kick in the groin. If you can't help, then don't post. That's all I'm trying to say.

Dave

For the record, I too think the OP's "tone" in his original post was out of line. I don't understand what anyone thinks they'll gain by being so confrontational. That said, I'm also put off by people who belittle the issues someone else may be having just because not everyone is experiencing it.

It usually goes like this:

OP - My KPA takes too long to load. I'm frustrated by this and would like to get it fixed.
    Some Other Guy - Well my KPA loads 45,000 rigs in 8 seconds so I don't know what you want.
    OP - Uh, I want my KPA to load faster. My KPA takes 2 minutes to load 4 rigs.
    Some Other Guy - Yeah well there must be something wrong with yours.

Yeah, thanks. That's what I was implying.

Dave

Something must be wrong with your unit.

I would agree. I've been working with it today and as of right now I have 12 rigs on it and it still takes 52 seconds to boot.

I've tried the following:
    1. Backup the KPA.
    2. Deleted everything from the backup file: rigs, cabs, effects, performances, everything.
    3. Restored that empty backup.
    4. Reloaded stock rigs (426).
    5. After reboot, turned off KPA and restarted. Still a 60 second boot.
    6. Deleted all 426 rigs.
    7. Through Rig Manager, imported 12 rigs and rebooted.
    8. 52 seconds to load 12 rigs.

At this point, I think I'm going to init the flash, re-load 2.4 and see what happens. Eveything works fine but I don't understand why some KPAs can load 600 rigs in 30 seconds and others just don't.

Dave

Rig Exchange is not updating for me in RM. I've tried deleting the DB file as well as the XMLs. I see the new profiles for 4/23 in the XMLs but they don't appear in RM. Sorting and re-sorting doesn't help either. The odd thing is this has never happened to me before and I've been using RM daily for a while now.

Dave

I sold a Splawn Quick Rod to get my Kemper. I was going to sell my Mark IV and Recto 4x12 if I had to but I still have it. Kept my Bogner 4x12 for the Kemper as well. But since I've gotten the Kemper and have joined this site, I've been researching FRFR and possibly just using my KRK Rokit 5s with the Kemper since I don't play out.

Dave