Posts by PhilUK84

Maybe I just don't like frfr then... Or maybe I'm just not dialing it in properly, but I thought the TAF stuff is more or less playable from the off with some fine tweaking? They can't all sound this harsh to my ears and need a weeks worth of EQing lol.

Using my cab makes it sound great straight away, which is the only reason I haven't returned it.

I still can't get a sound I like through both the CLR and the Q12. It just sounds harsh, it's fatiguing. No one likes it and everyone prefers when playing through a cab. I'm starting to think I've either got a bad one or maybe I'll just have to play through a cab, or just return it and get a couple of different amps for versatility. This can't be normal, no one would play one.

:(

Sorry, I meant the volume control. I can't get it to work. And also the wah now too, in system it just says that they're unplugged.

I've got everything else working fine, it's literally just the volume that I can't get going. I'm a midiot, I don't understand any of it yet lol.I don't get what the cheat sheet is going on about, but I'll have a read.

So I took it to practice again. It sounds great through the cab but just awful through the Q12 regardless of the pick parameters etc. I'm starting to think it might have a fault. I should get my CLR tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to know for definite.

I'll post an update tomorrow, thanks for all your help. :)

I hear the noise now on all my equipment so I think it's something that I've picked up on due to the difference in the KPA. I hear it through my amp but it's not noticeable, through the cab and KPA I hear it a little, through the headphones I hear it fairly obviously and through the KPA and Q12 I hear it very obviously.

I think it's the trebley part of the gain that is being exaggerated. I have done a recording, and you can hear it quite obviously every time I hit the strings.

This could be normal and it may well be that I'm not used to it, but regardless; I don't like it lol.

I do notice a change if I turn the cab on or off and if I turn monitor cabs on and off.

Here's the recording, make of it what you will. (TAF LP BassmanTIM+ with +5 gain, +2 bass, +3 Mid, -2 Treble through a Mars Green 4x12)

https://soundcloud.com/farce_bandit/noise

I'll check when I get home. Perhaps I'm not doing something right because I'm sure that it shouldn't sound like that. Could you guide me through the settings I should have on?

It's not noticeable unless you're used to a certain quality. Someone who doesn't know may not notice but I know that something isn't right when I compare the Q12 to the cab and then look at all the people who love the frfr method. Everyone who I've shown it to can hear it.

It's like the frequencies aren't merged, it's very easy to hear a trebley crackling.

So the fact that I don't hear this with a cab is because the miced portion is removed and I'm bypassing it?

I don't know if I can play with a speaker in that case, I can really hear it and I don't think it sounds good at all, very disappointing in fact.

I've bought a lot of amp factory stuff, and I don't hear this on any of the recordings Andy made (although that was probably a direct recording) and not on user recordings or songs.

Maybe I'll mic it up and record it later but it seems that you're aware of the issue. That thread does talk about playing around with the definition so ill try that too.

Was everything alright with my setup? Is there anything I need to turn on or check?

EDIT: I should add that when I went to my local guitar shop I tried out the KPA with some Rokit 8's which sounded pretty bad, until the assistant changed a few settings, at which point it sounded great. I believe he put it in stereo. I'm playing in mono obviously but this leads to me think it could be a simple thing.

First off, it sounds great through my Orange PPC212 cab. I got the Q12 passive yesterday and it sounds quite crackly, some of the higher frequencies are very noticeably separate from the overall tone and it just doesn't sound as good as it should. I can really notice a high pitched distorted frequency when playing with the gain on anything over 4. It's okay for clean stuff, but anything other than that and it's useless. I can hear it on headphones too but it's much more noticeable via the FRFR speaker. This is not noticeable through the cab where it all sounds as it should.

I thought it might just be because I was at home, in a quiet flat and being a bit paranoid so I took my cab and my Q12 to practice and the difference was obvious; Great on the Orange and poor with the Q12. I'm pretty sure that it must be a setting or something wrong that I'm doing.

With the Orange I'm running from the red output on the back into the cab, turning off monitor cabs and making sure that there's no input or output clipping by playing with clean sense and the volume.

With the Q12 I'm turning the cabs back on, running from the red output at the back into Input on the monitor. I'm up to date with the latest firmware, I've got no clipping, I'm making sure the Q12 is on a stand.

Is there anything else I'm missing? This isn't an issue with warmth or not being used to the digital nature of it all, but just down to shitty tone from both the Q12 and my headphones. Any help is appreciated, thank you. :)