Posts by fjk1138

How do I completely remove an effect from a button? By this I mean that I want the assigned effect completely gone, and the light above the button to not be lit at all.
    The result would be as if an effect was never assigned to that button in the first place.

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Rather than make a whole new editor, I would say just build upon the existing Rig Manger and include the above features. It already has the basis of being a very powerful tool in its current state.

While I definitely like the ability to tweak at will on the unit itself (and Kemper has done a fantastic job of putting the "key" knobs and adjustments on the front panel), there are times when all I want to do it nudge something just 0.10 of a number and doing that with the knobs is a bit difficult sometimes to get that fine of and adjustment with them. Doing that onscreen would be so much easier, not to mention naming profiles would be a piece of cake.

I give Kemper and the unit an A+ Grade otherwise. This unit is revolutionary, to say the least.

Hi,

In 2 days, I will be getting a Profiler Rack and I had the following questions:

Right now, I play a Marshall JVM 205H through a Torpedo Live. Once I get used to using the Kemper, I will eventually try profiling my amp.

My goal of course is to make the profile sound as close to my real amp as possible, and to not have to use the JVM or Torpedo Live at all. Would I get a better representation of the JVM if I profile it direct (no cab) and apply a Cab later via the Kemper? Or...if I were to profile the JVM from the output of the Torpedo, would it basically sound just like it does from the Torpedo? Obviously I could do both, but again, I am looking for whichever way will give me the most accurate JVM sound.

Sorry if these are silly questions, but I have been searching the web, these forums, and You Tube and was not successful in finding anything.

Thanks to all who respond!

Hi,

I've been looking around a lot for this, so if I missed it I apologize.

When profiling an amp, are people setting all the amp knobs to 12 o'clock so you get a "neutral" tone that can be later tweaked with
    the Kemper? Or, does the Kemper profile the amp in a sonically neutral way irregardless of how you have the EQ on the amp set?

I only ask because I would assume it would profile based on your amp settings, and theoretically people would want to have
    a profile that starts with a neutral sound which can be tweaked to their liking. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

FWIW, here is my 2 cents on this topic:

If this is the first time you have experienced the ringing, you should be fine and it will probably go away in a couple of days. If this is a recurring problem then you might have the start of Tinnitus as stated above. If the ringing doesn't stop, I would suggest getting it checked by an ear doctor. I would also make sure you don't have any wax buildup in your ears, which is an understated culprit of the need to crank things and/or boost frequencies.

For me personally, I am very protective of my hearing. Back in the 80s, I attended a concert with Poison opening for Quiet Riot (ahh, those were the days) and it was so loud that every time Bret Michaels screamed into the microphone the room would turn on funny angles because the high volume was throwing my equilibrium off. My hearing was shot for almost 3 days. I have been wearing earplugs to concerts ever since.

I have been exposed low guitar volumes for a long time, with some moderate levels, and the very rare ear-crushing levels. I've had my ears checked multiple times and the doctors are usually surprised that my hearing is actually pretty good (as soon as they hear you are a musician they usually write you off as being deaf). I only have lost the utmost extreme lows and highs - probably from sitting in front of my studio monitors for the past 14 years.

So what's my point? You get one set of ears in their natural state, so do your best to treat them well. If something ever seems too loud it probably is. We all love music, and as guitar players we like them loud, but if you want to be able to hear it in all its glory for years to come you really have to avoid overdoing it on the volume. You should also take frequent breaks while playing, even if you just reach over and turn the volume down for awhile.

Sorry if I sound like a lecturing parent (not my intention, believe me) but a lot my friends and my dad who all played in bands years ago can't hear squat now from all the years of exposure to loud music without ear plugs. I actually feel sorry for them because they cannot hear music in all it's glory like I can.

As much as I love loud music, I love my ability to hear well even more.

Just sayin' :)

Wow, thanks Everyone. I really appreciate you guys offering these clips. I have to admit it does sound pretty awesome.

For those who use the Fender sounds, does it also replicate the spring reverb and if so how accurate is it? Or if not, does the Kemper itself
    replicate the spring reverb in its effects area? I was hoping to get some real good surfy tones out of it also.

Hello,

I am highly considering getting a Profiler based on all the positive reviews I have seen and read, plus it sounds awesome from all
    the clips.

My main reason for getting one though is so I could have a direct connection to a PC for recording only.
    I would not be running it through a power amp or into an amp head (I already have a Marshall JVM if
    I want something "real"). I am basically looking for quiet solution to avoid having to mic an amp.

Does anyone have any sound samples, links, You Tube clips, etc that specifically demonstrate the Kemper's sounds when being connected
    direct to a DAW? I don't care how fancy the playing is, I just want to get an idea of how realistic it all sounds. My expectation is that it will be
    great, but again, I have seen many a review/demo where they don't make it clear if the unit is direct into the DAW or into a power amp and I would like to hear something specifically identified as being "direct".

If it makes any difference, I am looking for clean Fender tones and Marshall/Mesa/5150 heavy tones, preferably with as little effects as possible so I can hear the raw tones.

Thanks to anyone who responds.