Posts by Zotec

Huge thanks for your brainwork on this Quitty. Read it multiple times, still quite confusing :) I think my problem here starts earlier in the process. Where do I put these messages in my MIDI clip? Just for understanding: Is this a combination of different midinotes? or is this a text line which I have to "encode/code" by myself an put it in a "Sysex text window" inside my MIDI clip?

Is it possible for you to take me a screenshot that shows how this message has to be set up in a DAW (unimportant which one, I think I can transfer the process, at least I hope so ;) ) (FYI: I'm familiar with Ableton, Cubase, FL Studio, Studio One and a bit Logic and Protools)

Thank you :)

Huge thanks for your replies!

michaelmellner
    Sorry for my misleading second post. It wasn't meant to annoy someone. Instead it was a real question i would like to add to this thread :)

I've read both Manuals from the KPA. The smaller and the bigger one (with the huge amount of midistuff explained in it) Therefore I know what the KPA can do. And even what information it needs to work. But I still don't know how I can say my DAW (I think it's irrelevant which one as long as it can send midi) to send these Bits to my Kemper. In fact I don't know what to write into my midi clip.

I think a simple example would help me a lot. Let's think I would like to control my "drive" on a distortion pedal on STOMP A with my DAW. As far as I know, there are no CC's programmed for this. The KPA Manual tells me the address of the knob. But I did not figured out yet the right composite of midi commands.

Hopefully someone could help me, I feel really stupid for not understanding how this works. Thank you ;)

Hey there ;)

Since a few months I'm using the kemper in livesituations. I'm using Ableton Live 8/9 for controlling performance mode and all "wah"-FX (FX which you can program if you automate the CC for the wah-pedal)

Since weeks I'm searching for a tutorial on how to control single knobs on the kemper via midi. I've read a lot about NRPN, RPN, MSB and all that stuff. Until that point I thought I'm familiar with MIDI, but now I know I'm not :/ I don't get the point for NRPN...

I know that some guy created an editor as a standalone win application that is capable of sending the right midi-information to control almost 90 % of the kemper. I've already tested the beta version, but somehow I think he won't finish this project. link: http://www.evergladesaudio.com/en/ (there's also a post in the forum by this guy)

My question here: Is Ableton able ( lol ) to produce the recommended midi signals for controlling the kemper (single FX slot knobs, and, and ...). Does somebody know a good tutorial for me?

Thanks a lot ;)

Thanks for the fast answers ;)

I've already checked out these "synth" profiles. I really like the advantages of the kemper, but I think I know the limitations too. Of course the kpa is such a great device, I should not complain. But these sounds aren't synthlike enough for me to be added to a normal guitarsound.

I will give the software Ingolf mentioned a try. The homepage looks promising ;) thanks for that!

Do you think my first thought could be possible in future? I don't know how these algorithms for pitching work but if they actually track the notes you play then it maybe could output them as midi ;) Let's see what ck will show us in the future :)

Hello all ;)

(first i want to say sorry for any possible grammar mistakes, because I'm not a native speaker)

My question: Could there be an option for the kemper, maybe in the future, that allows us to convert our (single note) guitar signal into a midi signal and send it trough the midioutput to an external synth or laptop? I think the DSP works great in recognizing notes in harmonizer and oktaver fx, so maybe it is capable of tracking the notes like some kind of guitar-to-midiconverterish-box and send them through the midiout :)

It would be great for polishing some leadsounds in my electro/rock band.

Thanks for help 8) :D