Posts by DrFaust

thegabezone:

We are playing with only one guitar live, but we have breaks in our songs, where the guitar plays on only one side and also switches with the other side.

I am super happy because i just found the solution.

I created a seperate rig with i stored in my performance using one FX button with the Chromatic Pitch Shifted to one side. Then by using the morphing feature i switched the FX setting to pan the sound to the other side. Now I can switch between left and right, just by pressing the same rig footswitch and the change can even be configures fluently by setting up the morphing time! I am so relieved :D

Hey guys,

i am still fiddling with an external solution to switch the stereo outs on and off seperately. I achieve this by using an ABY Box in one of the effects loop. Since i recently got the kemper stage to get rid of cable chaos on stage, i wonder if there might be a solution to replace my external ABY switch as well by using the inbuild FX switches. What i am looking for is one FX Button turns on the solo mode (basically one of the two outputs is muted) and another button switches the channels (changes from left to right and backwards) while the first button still has to disable the "solo mode" in any condition. I fiddled already with FX shifting the stereo setup to one side and this works pretty well, but i still have to deactivate both fx seperately, when FX 2 is activated and i wanna return to full stereo sound.

Does anyone has a solution to this?

Best Regards,

Robert

I really would like to revive the thread, as i'm running more and more into the problem of transportation during flights. Racks are very impractical for luggage, and can be expensive on some flights. Also here a small pedal that would fit into your guitar case would be perfect :-/

Now after i've toured around for a half year with the kemper i come back to this again and can say... hey it would have been much more practical with the compact form...

Most of the time i just plugged in the kemper on stage, tuned my guitar, chose the profile and startet playing. Most of the features we're not used live -> especially all the profiling features.
    How cool would it have been just pull out your small fx bag, plug it in and leave all mind blown with a brutal sound! haha...

i hope this gets recognised some day :)

Hello,

i have to say i really like the option to use the alternate input as secondary return, so i can use stereo effects and stuff,
    but i don't understand why the setting to activate that input has to be an extra post fx.
    I would like to see the alt-activation option somewhere in the main input settings, so it doesn't take up one of the rare
    two post-amp fx slots.

Dr. Faust

DrB:
    Its is under 1000. Also i wrote it happened during switichung through profiles via the Rig Manager on Pc and not directly on the kemper.

kpahuitsing
    As i mentionened, i don't know HOW to contact the support. Any email adress or something? Sadly i can't provide a backup, as i already changes alot of stuff on my kemper.
    I know its a software bug, also i'm using the latest beta firmware (of cource, to use the Rig Manager).

I cannot reproduce it safely. The freezing of the kemper (somekind of) happens often randomnly while switching through profiles in Rig Manager (PC software). The kemper then doesn't react anymore to signals from the rig manager on pc.
    Looks like the connection via usb breaks up or the usb driver crashes. Until know i only tried it in browser mode. The kemper still reacty to direct input like buttons, or the mode switch. I cannot reproduce the error above.

Please add the information that you HAVE to use the usb port on the backside whicht is a USB-B connector. Today i bought a USB-A to A cable, using front usb port and wasting lots of time looking for the problem.

Hello,
    since i didn't find any way of contacting the support with the possibility to attach a photo, here is my bug report.

The bug occured while browsing through different profiles in the rig manager. Suddenly the kemper does not react to input anymore, neither rig manager input nor front buttons. After a while it shows the following error report:

[Blocked Image: http://i57.tinypic.com/9k8o7l.jpg]

Hey guys,

a few days ago i talked with another kemper user about how cool the kemper features are, but that the kemper seems
    more to be a tool for recording, profiling, experimenting with sound and stuff. Yes it also has the performance mode,
    but it still providing lots of features which are not neccessarily needed for playing live. As far as i know most of the
    soundshaping stuff is happening on a microcontroller and smd parts. That inspired me to the idea of how cool it would
    be to have a small device/pedal which uses a profile which i created/edited before on the kemper.
    It would provide lots of advantages for people traveling alot, playing live etc.

- Easy to transport, no big case or rack needed.
    - With external power supply it could also be put onto a pedal/fx board, to save space.
    - You could use a seperate power supply (battery etc., depends on the power needed) so u could could plugin a headset, and play while taking a train for example.

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/XJll2EM.png]

Device features could (!) be:
    - Footswitch, to mute the sound and use the pedal as tuner during playing pauses.
    - Optional send/return jacks to include seperate pedals into the fx chain
    - Headphone out - for practicing silently or checking the sound
    - Main output jacks depending on what is needed
    - Power jack for external power supply
    - Display to show the name of the profile, tuning, master volume or something else. This display is just an example.
    - On Off switch, to save battery when not used.
    - USB slot for loading the profile saved by the big brother kemper

I know it sounds like i'm dreaming to much, haha, but i would just like to know what you think about the idea. Is it realizable? Would you use it? What features would be missing?

Thanks for reading :)

Dr. Faust

That was not what i asked for. I don't want to use an extra device, also i don't have any apple products.
    Is there a way to programm nrpn commands via the factory eprom? I just bought a Uni4kemper, but it does not enable what i want to do, and i don't want to buy just another eprom again :-/

I'm looking for some tutorials, using fcb and nrpn with the kemper. Anybody has some informations? I want to change FX Parameter via the FCB switches...

I would like too see the possibility to add in more post-amp effects, as reverb and delay use up two of the available slots.
    I would expect that i change through the pages with page left/right buttons and activate/edit the effects through the soft
    buttons. Same thing could be done for the stomp boxes.

What do you think?

Greets,
    Dr. Faust

Its sad, you can't do that pre amp, because it uses the both post fx slots, if you add two cromatic pitch shifters (left panned, and right panned) to switch between both.
    I want a similar setup, using the fcb with uno to enable one of the post-amp fx and mute one site.
    Anybody knows a better way to do this? I could imagine doing this with only one fx, and changing its parametes to toggle between left and right channel, but i'm not sure if the fcb can do that...

Hello,

i'm having trouble finding my new imported rigs on the kemper after importing new stuff. At the beginning its ok, i can find my new rigs when i choose the "last imported" view, but as soon as i import new stuff again, its really hard to find the rigs, especially when you don't know the exact name of the rig our author. I also tryed the sort by date function, but it seems more like a "sort by creation date". I would expect a "sort by day imported" mode.

Another thing with the sortings is, i can't find a way the change the sorting order (descenting/ascending). Maybe i just don't know about these features, so please tell me:)

Dr. Faust