Posts by tylerpursel666

So far i'm really loving the Kemper but I have to say I find the performance mode unbelievably awful and not user friendly even after digging heavily through the manual and forum I can't figure some things out. Here is what i'm looking to do:

I've created a performance that i've named "Live Template" that consists of 3 of the 5 slots (clean, rhythm, overdrive) I eq'd everything to my taste and balanced the volume between the slots and everything is sounding great!

I would now like copy this "live template" performance to around 20 or so of the empty performance slots and rename them after the titles of the songs my band will be playing on tour and be able to add different effects and things like that so they are setup specifically for each song

Is there a way to do this specifically from rig manager? I'm having issues as a lot of things are for whatever reason greyed out and not able to be clicked. None of my slots say empty, they are just white spaces that do nothing when I click in them. Please help if you can.

If you find one let me know. I'd love one as well. I actually just posted a list of stuff I've found to be missing from the rig exchange in another thread maybe go there and add this to the list it would be great to have a section of the forum for stuff that is missing from the archives, maybe someone has a friend of a friend who has one and we can get the job done.

When I attempted to use the SPDIF I found the only way I could get it to stop crackling was to make sure my DAW environment and interface were set to 44khz, if your recording at 96khz try switching to 44 and see if the problem goes away.

Milkman Amps:

Sunn Amps:

A good clone of a model T or 1200's cranked to full on doom would be amazing

Laney Klipp & Supergroup:

Early Black Sabbath tones, I have one of the Klipp that is okay but the Supergroup would be great, A Klipp with the Klipp circuit engaged and cranked up would be awesome.

Verellen Amps:

These guys make really interesting amps, sort of heavier high gain voiced but with good midrange, The Skyhammer and Meatsmoke are both awesome. I know a guy that has a Skyhammer so I may try to borrow it and get it done.

Electric Amps USA:

Originally the US distributor of Matamp's, these things are crushingly heavy doom machines and rare to come by since they aren't really made anymore, the MV120 would be amazing.

Fender Tweed Twins HP and LP:

John Mayer PRS Head

Benson Amps

Marshall 4140

Gibson EH-185

Greedtone JHI 100

So I just got my remote and i'm in the process of setting up my Kemper for live use with my band. I created a new performance and in there I stored my three main amp patches (Morgan AC20 CLN, Marshall Major MIDGAIN, Suhr PT100 HIGHGAIN) totally dry other than some EQ and volume matching to level things out between patches. I will be using this rig with a standard 4x12 guitar cabinet and taking the main outs to the house PA system. I just had a few questions/concerns

1. is there anyway to copy and paste the entire dry performance setup I made to multiple slots so I can then add the effects necessary and save performance for each song that we perform. I"m just trying to avoid having to re-level and EQ the patches to my liking each time I want to add a new song.

2. i'm noticing that the EQ section effects both the monitor output and the main outputs is there anyway around this or can I make it so it just effects whats happening in the monitor cab and not what the FOH engineer is getting and they are then free to EQ how they want?

So I just finally bit the bullet and ordered a Kemper from Vintage King, I'm starting with the non powered model and figure if I like it i'll just get a power amp and the controller. I own and operate a recording studio (http://www.walnutroomrecordings.com) and to often people come in with crap gear so that is my main motivation for the purchase to be able to have a plethora of cool tones on offer to bands of all genres with that in mind I have a few questions/thoughts if anyone wants to respond or discuss that would be most appreciated, i'm really hoping this thing is as awesome as everyone says it is.

In anticipation of getting the thing in my hands (it will be here Friday) I started digging around the rig exchange and collecting different amps and was surprised at what I could dig up though equally surprised at a lot of holes in the collection, i've listed a couple amps i'm looking for if you know where I can find these profiles let me know or if you own one of these amps and your in the Philly area I'd welcome you to come to my studio and we can make a real nice profile with top quality gear:

Milkman Amps (Incredible Fender style amps from San Francisco)
    Sunn Model T (or really any of the Sunn stuff the only thing on the exchange is the solid state Beta Lead)
    Electric Amps MV120 (these things are absolute heavy doom machines and tough to get your hands on)
    Laney Klipp or Supergroup (The sound of all the good Black Sabbath Records both pretty rare)
    Standel Studio XV (weird 60's amp)
    Elpico AC52 (really shitty small amp used by The Kinks ran into an AC30 on "You Really Got Me")
    Vintage Orange (OR120 or OD120)
    Sound City (Anything)
    Sundown (Anything)
    Supro (Anything)

1. Any good video examples of the Kemper in action doing either Doom sort of metal or more indie rock type tones, part of the reason I was so reluctant to purchase one was that every video I find seems to either be blues dad riffing or over the top 80's high gain drenched in verb and delay or full on modern metal.

2. Any examples of dialing up crazy feedback from the kemper, can you get a believable feedback sound if your standing in front of a guitar speaker or FRFR and its cranked up?

3. Will the delay effect in the kemper enter self oscillation and let me make a bunch of bad noise with it?

4. Lets say I dial up a truly horrendous guitar tone with a ton of gain and a pedal in front of the amp cranked and everytime I stop playing for a second the thing just lets out terrible feedback, If I profile this amp without using the noise gate how does the Kemper handle that?

I also have a million questions about using it in a live setting but I guess i'll wait to see if it makes the cut before troubling all of you with my problems. Thanks in advance look forward to conversing with everyone.