Posts by PVO_Dave

I managed to get this working in VirtualBox today. Apologies for any egg sucking here :)

Firstly, it wouldn't work for me when I first tried, turned out the version I had was horribly out of date (I've not has to use Windoze at home for a very long time) - Make sure you're on the latest version of VirtualBox (4.3.6)
    With the Virtual machine loaded, plug the USB-B connector in the back of the Kemper, then plug into the Mac, when you've done that, click the little USB icon in the VirtualBox window (surrounding the windows VM) and click on Kemper Profiler - This will give the VM control of the device and should then install the drivers.

Once that's done, under System / Devices, you should now see 'Profiler'

Again, apologies if the above sounds basic, it's just what I did tonight to get this working.

Thanks for the info everyone :)

So far I've just been playing with the stock rigs, the difference between the way the profiles react to playing compared to my POD HD is night and day, amazing! - It actually does feel like playing tube amps, but without the impracticality they can bring (my TSL122 combo was so heavy, I nicknamed it the widow maker, it was also too loud to use anywhere above volume 2).

I've even managed to play a half realistic acoustic tone using the various included acoustic profiles and my VG Strat, easily good enough for live work!

Next step is to start playing with the Rig Exchange and maybe Rig Manager if I can legally obtain a Windows 7 licence cheap enough to run in Bootcamp.

Also keeping an eye on eBay for FCB1010's and DXR10's, although I'll need to sell the POD and PE before I can purchase the DXR :D

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

Hey and welcome. Hope the time goes by fast! Let me - or us - know what kind of music style you play and I think a lot of people here will be able to give you a good amount of suggestions :)

I tend to play rock, anything from classic rock to Muse, Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro etc.. Would be interested in your favourite clean tones too :)

Hi all,

I've been contemplating purchasing a KPA since I first heard about them, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday, I'm now the proud owner of a white faced lunchbox :D

Prior to this purchase I sold my valve amp and used a POD HD500 with a Tech 21 Power Engine, looks like I will need to flog those and invest in an FRFR setup :)

Sadly I can't do a anything with it for a few more days, as I'm currently away from home, but looking forward to getting stuck in :D

If anyone has any suggestions as to what profiles to start with, I'm all ears.

Dave.