Posts by SanctumSolaris

HELL YEAH! Ask and you shall receive.

Thank you so much HamerJo. Cannot wait to fire these up at rehearsal.

That amp will work perfectly. Thanks so much. Will post tomorrow evening with my results.

Great video. The repair man at our shop has installed three sets and although he likes them, he does say they are nosier then EMG pickups. But not so bad any decent gate wouldn't overcome.

Still doing research before I commit.

His videos were greatness. Wish he would consider starting it up again. I liked the fact he shared how he manipulated the sound and the exact settings. He lives in Texas; maybe I should try to find him and let him work on some of my presets.

More testing done over the weekend. I did manage to get the clean and rhythm sound to stop clipping, but the lead preset will clip only when I switch to it.

I rechecked what I had adjusted and/ or removed from previous sounds. The most common thing missing from my new sounds would be the compressor. I wanted to steer away from using the compressor as much as possible, but I have to believe its lack of existence in the chain is the cause.

I am going to try and add it back at the amplifier level and find out if that can be used rather than occupying another slot with the compressor stomp.

Will keep you posted on the results.

Right on axeKiller! Thanks for the compliments. Yep, very much dig Kyuss. Lately been digging into more Mos Generator, Pelican and Mastodon.

We start our concert season in a month and I am ready to get back out there. I have posted some of my settings on the forums and can post this years tones as well. I try to tweek each season after what I learned from the previous year. Always trying to evolve.

Cheers.

I am also wondering if the position of my external loop might also be the issue. It is located in effect Mod and goes directly to a Decimator Pro Rack G. I am going to try and find out if the boost may be coming from how it is being processed within the Decimator. I do have the ability in that unit to reduce the output level on return and I have a good feeling that might be the issue.

I like the idea of adjusting the Eq. However, I did that several times yesterday including lowering every level 5.0 db in proportion to the Eq curve. Still got the same clip. So that is leading me to believe it has something to do with the loop and the Decimator.

Going to give it another check on Saturday.

Thanks

Did more research. It is in effect slot X. When the Eq I mentioned before is on, there will be a sudden and loud spike to the output. If I move the very same Eq to stomp C, there is no problem. Something odd and internal is going on. Would like to hear some ideas of a solution and not an answer regarding clean sense, rig volume or output volume. Because I have turned all of this down to nearly nothing and it still happens.

Try these settings and rigs from BulldogXTRM:

Lead setting [Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/062fldaq8ejhkgg/Image1.jpg?dl=0]

Rhythm Setting [Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5m2sybv7xdwk5x/Image1.png?dl=0]

The orange labeled items are for stomps and not needed on the initial setting. Although the delay, reverb and phaser settings work great to always be on the lead. Reverb always on with the rhythm.

p.s. I use a 7 string and it is tuned standard with humbucker pickups.

I went back to the previous firmware release instead of the new Beta. Still had the issue, although not as significant. Next step will be to lower some internal volumes (i.e. amp and cab). Hoping this will fix it, but not reduce the sound quality I am achieving now.

I am 50/50 on the other solutions suggested.

I do agree that you should know your venue and who is running sound. If they are bad and the system is bad, choose another venue. At least that is what we do.

Many times we play shows with no cabs, so we rely on the monitor system of the venue. Believe me if it sounds bad we will say something. I could understand not paying attention to the FOH when we run cabs as we are not really hearing those PA speakers. However, most of the places we play have mega monitor systems that included 5 foot tall side fills being fed straight from the FOH. To say I am not going to hear what the audience hears in that situation would be crazy.

So i listen carefully and always make sure that trim know is down. Yeah we have got some kick back from sound men, but after they get a ringing feedback in their ear from raising the trim, they quickly understand.

p.s. we are a metal band and use high gain sounds at extreme volumes. You can watch our videos on Youtube and see what I mean by a no cab situation. Especially at Tomcats West, and the Curtain Club venues in Dallas, Texas.

I always have my live rigs set to a thick sound because most of the FOH setups are equalized to the room and also the vocals. So the chance of the highs and fizz being equalized higher for the PA is very good.

Best practice is to have your DXR10 at the show, plugged in and ready. Then when you have the sound man do your sound check, listen that he is setting your Eq in the PA to match what is coming out of your DXR10. They can certainly take the highs out and balance the sound.

Just let him know to NEVER turn the gain or trim up on your channel. Only adjust the fader. This method has saved me tons of frustration. I just tell them keep your hands off that trim knob, cause I am sending you an amped signal. There is no need for more amping. If you need more volume; I will send it from the Kemper. Works like a charm, and if it does not send him a signal that is hotter then hell and he will have no reason to touch that trim knob. LOL