Posts by onosnd

[quote='Gandalf_The_Blond','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/17233-Justifying-you-re-choise/?postID=181375&#post181375']Justify is an ok word, seems like you are under scrutiny for your choice of gear Onosnd, lol.
    I play tube amps also, KPA, doesnt matter what, really if i like it.

Sound is the ultimate justification, like has been mentioned here a couple of times.
    "Authentic" sounds a bit exclusive to me, dont pay attention to it.
    Many guitarists did not like amplified electric guitar sounds when they came out too.

Don't worry anout any of that stuff....
    Just plug in and play, and lay down some amazing tones--guitars in cases don't melt faces :)[/quote

:D LoL! I will.

As I said above, I LOVE the mig-50. great punchy sound. Try adding a 1960a cab, sounds great on it too.

Btw, I get this kind of error message from the site when completing the purchase

Error from gateway:This transaction couldn't be completed. Please redirect your customer to PayPal.

Any ideas...?

Yeah, sorry guys, as english ain't my mother language I prolly shouldn't have used the "justify" word in the thread.
    I was just a bit pissed off at my friends, because for them it seems that you have to be an tubeamp player to be a 100% authentic guitarist.

Seems a bit lame to me :)

• Easier to transport vs. my old rig (KPA+CLR+GR-20+RP355 backup vs. Bruno CT45 1x12 combo+pedalboard+Dr. Z Rt. 66 head backup)
    • Less money tied up in gear
    • Less tapdancing at gigs
    • More versatility, killing my constant amp and pedal GAS
    • More control over my sound
    • I can practice and record at 1am with my family asleep in my 2BR apartment
    • I sound better

Man, I'll have to agree on all that.

Perhaps substitute "dumb" for "old-fashioned" and you have your answer! It takes some understanding, open mindedness, and "smarts" to get the kemper or other modeler and there are many who just don't get it because they don't want to learn about it and educate themselves on the virtues of new genre changing (disrupting) technologies.

Heheh, yeah I guess I will start doing that.

Thanks man! You're profile is incredible. I cranked it on couple of days ago at rehearsals trough my active CLR and mother of god... :D

It really is those things you're sayin' above. The mid punch wants to break my ribs and the definition is awesome. Good job!

-f

"Justify" my rig to someone else? Are you joking?

How about "Because it's my rig and that's what I want."? Nothing more needs to be said, and anyone who pushes for more than that is an a-hole. IMO.

Now, if they simply want to know why I chose the KPA I'd be more than happy to explain that... :)

Yeah I guess that "justify" part came out a bit silly from me.

What just annoys me is that when the conversations goes to profilers, people tendo be incredible old fashioned...

Hey,

How do you people justify you're usage of a modeller to other "traditional guitar people"?

I kinda get lots of nagging ;) I guess one should be using a tube head and a 4x12 stack to be believable to some people... :whistling:

There are some users that don't want to listen to a really linear cab, and prefer some character that puts their sound closer to their representation of a (big) guitar cab.
    Furthermore, even tho this is not related to the sonic performance, many want a cab that looks (more) like a guitar cab.

:)

Yeah, my drummer was pretty sceptical (and still is I guess) of my CLR because it didn't look like a traditional 4x12. Trueheads pff* ;)

Cant you always send it back if you don't like it? It's not really like having to buy blindly.

:)

PS: Owned for a long time a couple of 8030. They sound like a strange radio in comparison with the CLRs. Sold them w/o any hesitation.

Then you propably had bad ones, because I have never heard a strange radio sounding Genelec's ;) 8030's are studio quality nearfield monitors, at least for me.. : >

I've been reading a couple of reviews on this unit that says it is "boxy" sounding. Would there be any truth to that? I only tried one for a very short time and didn't get a chance to use it live at all or at a higher volume. It was borrowed from a friend for a day.

I don't find anything "boxy" in the CLR. It's what you put in is what you get out.

It's possible that the people who say it's "boxy" sounding had profiles tweaked with a pair of shitty sounding studio monitors or other speakers that we're really far from flat.
    I got a pair of Genelecs 8030's and older 1030's and the profiles that sounded awesome with them, sounded as good with the CLR.

Just a question, was it so that the power rack has only an mono output?

Just take the risk. The active CLR is amazing, you won't be dissapointed.

Remember to read the manual carefully about gain staging, it's important to get the input levels right to max the SPL on the CLR.

I play mainly metal and I was really suprised how well one active CLR on a pole could match my friends stack consisting of a Peavey 6505+, Orange 4x12 and a Gibson 2x12. The CLR does get REALLY loud.. :)

Some tones I recorded while a ago

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sorry my playing is a bit sloppy.