Justifying you're choise.

• Hey,

How do you people justify you're usage of a modeller to other "traditional guitar people"?

I kinda get lots of nagging ;) I guess one should be using a tube head and a 4x12 stack to be believable to some people... :whistling:

gear>kemper rack-atomicCLR-fcb1010-espViper400-gretschJet-Firebird-7

• "Justify" my rig to someone else? Are you joking?

How about "Because it's my rig and that's what I want."? Nothing more needs to be said, and anyone who pushes for more than that is an a-hole. IMO.

Now, if they simply want to know why I chose the KPA I'd be more than happy to explain that... :)

• "Justify" my rig to someone else? Are you joking?

How about "Because it's my rig and that's what I want."? Nothing more needs to be said, and anyone who pushes for more than that is an a-hole. IMO.

Now, if they simply want to know why I chose the KPA I'd be more than happy to explain that... :)

Yeah I guess that "justify" part came out a bit silly from me.

What just annoys me is that when the conversations goes to profilers, people tendo be incredible old fashioned...

• ... What just annoys me is that when the conversations goes to profilers, people tendo be incredible old fashioned...

Ah, but that's the heart of the matter! In spite of their creativity, musicians are really very conservative with respect to their instruments and to adoption of new technology that affects or generates their tone. I think it's pretty ironic! :)

• What just annoys me is that when the conversations goes to profilers, people tendo be incredible old fashioned...

Perhaps substitute "dumb" for "old-fashioned" and you have your answer! It takes some understanding, open mindedness, and "smarts" to get the kemper or other modeler and there are many who just don't get it because they don't want to learn about it and educate themselves on the virtues of new genre changing (disrupting) technologies.

• Easier to transport vs. my old rig (KPA+CLR+GR-20+RP355 backup vs. Bruno CT45 1x12 combo+pedalboard+Dr. Z Rt. 66 head backup)
    • Less money tied up in gear
    • Less tapdancing at gigs
    • More versatility, killing my constant amp and pedal GAS
    • More control over my sound
    • I can practice and record at 1am with my family asleep in my 2BR apartment
    • I sound better
  • Letting the kemper do the talking for you usually works. I do feel for the tube guys because i used to be one of them. However, the convenience, sound, and portability is just to hard to pass up. Just 2 days ago i showed off my kemper to a non-guitarist and a bass player and they both thought it was cool as hell. i do believe units like the kemper are the future of guitar amplification at this point and soon, tube amps will be like using a sony walkman cd player or flip phone. Everyone will move on to newer, better technology.

• I let them play it and walk out of the room and come back in a few hours.

I usually have to ply them with enough wine until their wives drag them home before I kill them.

Then I play it.

• Perhaps substitute "dumb" for "old-fashioned" and you have your answer! It takes some understanding, open mindedness, and "smarts" to get the kemper or other modeler and there are many who just don't get it because they don't want to learn about it and educate themselves on the virtues of new genre changing (disrupting) technologies.

Heheh, yeah I guess I will start doing that.

• Easier to transport vs. my old rig (KPA+CLR+GR-20+RP355 backup vs. Bruno CT45 1x12 combo+pedalboard+Dr. Z Rt. 66 head backup)
    • Less money tied up in gear
    • Less tapdancing at gigs
    • More versatility, killing my constant amp and pedal GAS
    • More control over my sound
    • I can practice and record at 1am with my family asleep in my 2BR apartment
    • I sound better

Man, I'll have to agree on all that.

• The only person I had to justify using a digital device for my guitar tone was myself. I have tried just about every modeling device out there, both hardware and software, but nothing could give me the tone and feel that my amps did. And I am a tube snob, and have 6 "boutique" tube amps, 3 of which I designed with a builder to my exact specifications.

The Kemper is the only digital amp I've found that offers the dynamic response of a tube amp, has the resonance of a mic'd cabinet, and can deliver the recorded tone of a well mic'd amp.

The actual justification was when I started profiling my amps and found that not only could the Kemper sound and respond like the real amps, but I could actually tweak it to sound and respond even better. And I could use multiple mics and my high end mic pres, and the Kemper would capture that part of the tone as well.

Once a guitarist who is intimate with quality tube amps actually delves into the Kemper, I think it would be hard to justify NOT using one.

• Nothing can compare with a big heavy tubeamp vith 6L6 tubes warm chrispy sound!!
    I decided to try out a Kemper at my local music store, because i wanted a light small amp with good sound.
    I bought a Mesa Mini Rectifier, fancy and cool, but did not give enaugh headroom for cleans.
    so i traded it for a Kemper after i had played an hour with the Morgan AC preset, it felt like an tubeamp, responsive and dynamic! I have played it about 15 times live now and it sounds realy great trough all PA`s that i have played on, including my own bands JBL/Preconus
    Its not 100% like the original at bedroom, but live trough PA its pretty close! and you dont need to deal with micking up and caminets.. rumbeling bass!
    i have found all classic guitartones from real amps on the Kemper!