Posts by Netheravon

Have to agree with Ingolf here. I cannot understand or have much sympathy with drb after it being proven without doubt that profiles were uploaded fraudulently. If someone does break the license I'd expect them to be locked out of RE to stop them committing even more infractions.

I found the whole escapade a little sad in some ways as I thought drb was a new and very good addition to the community. I was enjoying the amount and variety of profiles being put up, but ultimately felt duped a cheated. I'd imagine the producers of the original work felt much stronger.

Hi all,
    Sorry if this has been asked but:

How can I back up RM in case of a computer crash on a mac? It's taken me ages to organise all my Rigs as I keep very few on my KPA and lots on RM and I don't fancy doing it all again;)

Thanks

Sorry all I can think of is checking the input menu. I've left it on spdif from reamping before and panicked at a gig till I realised what I'd done. Looks like you've checked this though:/

I'm just waiting to see how this ends now..... :huh:

Sure the whole community feels this needs to be sorted. Kb has uploaded lots of great stuff and appears to genuinely be interested in furthering the kemper.

What evidence is there the profiles aren't his? There just seems to be one person, however well respected, claiming they aren't original but offering up no reasons or evidence for this.

IMO this seems highly unfair.

Nightlight is suggesting the vol pedal in front of the amp blocks etc of the kemper. I think the confusion is that you've read it as: guitar --> Vol pedal --> Kemper. But he, I think is suggesting an extra expression pedal going into the kemper exp inputs.

I use a native instruments komplete audio 6 and monitor through pro logic x. I turn on low latency mode in logic and have no perceivable latency when recording and no issues when reamping. Most of what I do has maybe 10 tracks or so at most and I don't tend to use too many plugins. I guess it'll depend on the computer more than anything else to whether or not you get unusable latency.

Honestly, without the ability to run dual profiles I can't see profiling two amps together will be all that accurate as it will just average the gain on each amp, which will sound different than blending a higher gain amp with a cleaner less gain amp for example. The Kemper was modeled to analyze one amp circuit and cab. With two amps you have a lot more complexity in the non-linearities and phase between the two amp signals and I don't see how the Kemper can capture that. I might be wrong though. I think it would be better just to manually re-amp twice through different amp profiles and blend them in the DAW.

This is an interesting point of view too, but I like the idea of trying it out. Also, I don't primarily use the KPA for recording, I do use it for that, but my primary use is live play. I'm interested in what possibly unique sounds may be available from that perspective. 8o

I will try the transpose next time as it seems like a good suggestion. Also appreciate the advice regarding strings although I keep my gear in good condition as I gig and rehearse regularly every month so in this case the advice isn't relevant. The reason for the op really was that I used exactly the same rig the last time I was laying down the bass track idea for a song and it worked fine. I am not using any distortion btw but a clean profile. Whereas this time there are major issues with the tracking.

I will follow the advice though as it makes sense. Oh and I am also playing monophonic 'bass' lines

Yes, thanks for the reply. I have tried all the obvious presets etc but just not found the exact sound I want. It's not an issue I know it's in there I just need more time tweaking. Just tweaking time is something I am often short of so I thought it worth asking on the forum.

Hi all
    Am getting lots if gargling and artefacts going in the harmoniser. Am trying to use it to transpose a guitar down to play a bass part I am writing for a song and it is totally unusable as is. I've also tried changing settings and just doing a 3rd and 5th sound but this is also awful. Is this a known problem with the latest firmware? I had no probs at all last time I did this a couple of months back.

Any help appreciated.

Looking for suggestions for really funky auto wah type effect. I've tried wahs as touch, I've tried the hp and lp filter effects but can't quite find or dial in what I'm after. One of the bands I play with is a funk covers band and I'm looking for a really funky 70s auto filter. Just not sure how to get it. I guess I need to incorporate another effect or two with the touch wah but just not sure which. Never been the best at tweaking effects:)

Does anyone else play similar music and have any ideas to share?

I have a 20th anniversary 24 and a beautiful autumn sky finish hollow body 2 and I love them both. Also just got a fender custom shop strat that's absolutely beautifully made too;) very happy man!