Posts by slateboy

Only just upgraded to the current version and noticed when filtering and scrolling through profiles the up/down/left/right "rig" select buttons dont illuminate correctly.
    Previously, the only ones illuminated are the ones in which direction you can move and reaching the end of a list that button goes dim.
    However, i noticed when at the start of a list the down and left buttons go dim whereas it should be up and left that go dim. Similarly at the end of a list the left-button should be dim but its the right-button that does dim.
    Doesnt affect operation, just a visual indication so not life-threatening. Perhaps anyone else can verify that its not just me?
    Perhaps this has already been discovered

EDIT: meant up and down, not left and right

There is still an issue with 3.0 and upper firmwares, regarding the way you edit FX and AMP & CAB parameters, the old 'Direct edit mode' is gone, and lots of old time users still suffer from this problem. I won't downgrade since I like the new features and rig packs.

EDIT: i did use to use "direct edit mode" , so is there no longer a similar option other than hold down the slot button to edit?

I've been away from the forums for a while and happily gigging with v2.5 firmware. (Thanks to MBritt)
    I moved up to v2.6 (public release) when it came out but had a few issues so reverted back to 2.5 and, To be honest, it serves me well and I don't feel the need to install the latest FW, which I believe has been current for a number of weeks now.
    I'm not looking to change my setup or use the new "merged" profiles, nor do I feel the need to abandon my FCB1010 for an alternative foot controller. However, something in me thinks getting the latest FW might be worth doing but I'm telling myself to leave well alone as all is well at present.
    has anyone else had this dilemma? Or possibly made the FW upgrade and felt it not necessary or significantly advantageous?
    thanks all.

Not for the strictly-metal-only heads, a recent live studio session.
    https://soundcloud.com/thelook…dance-live-studio-session

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What other controls did you discover hidden under the NRPN functions?

it wouldn't be fair for Kemper to keep these sorts of usable gems hidden or denied from us. After all it's US the users and buyers who drive this along as much as Kemper.

Ok, there is no substitute for a KPA but i'm looking for an all-in-one light-weight "decent" device that i can travel with. Ideally, "hand-bag" size.
    I guess along the lines of (dare i say these names here?) a floor-pod, boss me80, etc. something that has built in foot-control but i can get a decent sound straight into the PA
    I have bias/jamup on the ipad and its good but needs the external midi interface and foot-switch. I know we all love our KPAs and that is the purpose of these forums and I dont expect to find the awesome sounds that im used to but i am interested to hear others experience of something that may do as a short term solution in a compact form.
    thanks

Noticed the same thing too. Work around-
    touch and hold "YouTube" badge and then choose "open in new tab". Then it works, so appears to be something is this forum disabling playback.

Thanks for all the comments. I'm still on v2.5 as there were a couple of unwanted issues with 2.7 when I tried it briefly. As a fix I just chopped off the first word of the rig profile "F--d-r ". I'm sure it'll all make sense to most RE users.

I've uploaded these profiles to the RE.
    Search my username and look for nine rigs named "Deville xxx"

How time consuming and frustrating it was to relabel the tags!!!
    hat was so annoying was that some tags keep defaulting to another' artist's username and that my KPA profile name (as stored on my KPA) gets the last several characters removed from the title.
    I've commented on this in another thread-
    Tag editing frustration
    so any tips would be welcome

This has frustrated me for some time. Its not very often i upload rigs, probably because of this, but i find that some tags (notably "artist" for "amp" AND for "cab") keeps defaulting to someone else's user name.
    I renamed these tags in the KPA and then through RM and had to (again) when i upload them to the RE. Yet when i go to edit these with the online "my rigs" it still defaults to this other artist/user's name.
    Even when i've save them to the cloud and go in to edit (all online) these tags still revert back to this "other" artist name.
    When i profile a new rig it starts with whatever the last used rig was and appears to carry over these tags.

Even more annoying is that the names i've given these profiles (as shown on my KPA screen) get truncated during the upload process. So where my profile is named "Fender Deville bright A" on my KPA its been shortened to "Fender Deville brigh" on the RE. Grrrr!!!

Clearly there is some tag embedded within a profile that is permanent. Perhaps some form of copyright control (which is good unless i dont have control over this with my own profiles)
    I would suspect maybe my rig-manager might have issues, as this appears a common complaint, but renaming upon upload and even still this "other user's name" is etched into the profile.

Can anyone shed light on this?
    thanks all

Thanks for all the comments- will upload asap.

the biggest annoyance is that whenever i profile an amp it starts with the last profile-accessed tags and text that goes with it.
    Maybe what i should do is probably build a blank template to use before i go profiling?
    Means i have to faff about re-labelling everything.

Can anyone tell me the quickest way to modify the tags, please? (in the KPA or upon upload?) I'm not aware of rig manager being able to amend this info.
    thanks

I done a quick profiling session on a Fender Deville the other week. Here's a track i cobbled togther using those sounds. If there's enough interest i can upload these to the RE.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.