Posts by slateboy

Not really noticed it until this evening, but tweaking the master output control moves the display-value in 0.1 steps but there is a finer resolution being adjusted than is displayed.
    This is partially visual by the moving of the "bar-graph" display on the bottom but i guess this is only determined by the screen resolution.
    Even moving the master volume between 2.8-3.0 there were at least 4 noticeable steps within the value of 2.9 (perhaps moving in 0.025 steps?)

There is obviously some very fine and precision values to the KPA and i think it would be nice to see these values visually on some, if not all, variable parameters.
    Some effects appear to activate when moved outside of the value zero (null) but this may not always be visible if finer steps are present but not displayed.
    I appreciate that to most people a 0.1 resolution is enough as it displays 100 values between 0.0 to 10.0 but where there is an audible difference it would be nice to see.
    And before anyone adds this comment, yes i used to manage with amp knobs going from 1 to 10 in the old days without 0.01 markings :)

Late christmas present- a couple of my favourite home-made "heavy blues" profiles for you all.
    There are two profiles, one crunchy and the other higher gain.
    Can be found in the rig exchange, look for "dirty driver" and "fat dirty" under my username.
    Quick demo here. Enjoy or delete, your call :P

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sorry I have to let off some steam here. I exchanged my original unit some time ago. So I registered my new unit afterwards. I get an email today to say that the new owner of my original (faulty) unit has requested that the serial is transferred into their name. Fair enough, but instead of clarifying anything with me Kemper deleted my registration details from my account completely so I have no registered products at all.

So I have had to re-register my current unit just now. Which makes me realise why I hate it when manufacturers put serial numbers on the bottom of their rack products! Put the serial number on the rear so I can get to it easily!

Apologies again I am just venting!! :S

surely kemper would not remove you as a registered user without your authority otherwise it would make it easier for thieves to claim your unit as theirs? (Unless i've misread your original post?)

I noticed the other day some LCD screen "bleed" along the bottom of the display. Never noticed this before.
    Adjusting the contrast makes no different to this "bleed" along the bottom which is outside of the pixels of the main display, which still appears to function as expected/normal.
    Having taken pictures of it over the weekend i've noticed that its appearance has changed as shown on the attached pictures.
    Has anyone else experienced this and do you think its a cause for concern?

A few old outboard units from years ago, long since replaced by software plugins.
    and the predecessor to my KPA, the trusty old marshall jmp1, now in retirement.
    plus a broken kettle, toaster, pile of un-ironed washing and probably a packet of Jaffa cakes...

Very observant, Raoul, and thanks for the comments, which knowing what a great player you are, means a lot. (Not that everyone else's words don't, just that Ive witnessed your fretboard-mastery live and it's of a very admirable standard!) ;):thumbup:

Profiles used were all from the Rig exchange though i've tweaked them a little
    for the clean sound i used ":13 FTR 37" by simone and for the dirty sound i used "bogner shiva drive" by r.u.sirius but changed cab to a 2x12 bogner (from another profile)
    just di'd straight into cakewalk-sonar using the stereo out. Maybe a bit extra reverb than usual.
    Weirdly, the sound was better on playback than during recording. The guitar is a yamaha pacifica
    thanks for the comments all

I notice some of the profiles on the rig exchange have their volume setting exaggerated. (And some of the commercial/bought ones too) maybe the "loudness wars" is not limited to just mainstream records <X and maybe some individual profilers seek attention by trying to be louder than others?:S
    However, As far as I am aware, the KPA, by default, sets the volume as 0dB following a profiling session and some rigs do need a tweak to balance them out with other rigs in the users collection but, ais, flicking through the RE, I occasionally find there are some unnecessarily increased levels on certain offerings.
    (Yet another reason for requesting a limiter on the output stage ^^

Check the volume level (knob) and the output level within the cabinet settings, beside any fx that may increase the overall level, perhaps by turning off each stomp/fx one at a time to identify the culprit.

So, for future reference AND when the warranty expires it might be useful for anyone with simple soldering skills to be able to replace duff LEDs themselves rather than be without their unit for the duration of a return to factory repair?

disclaimer-don't attempt these kind of repairs if you are unsure or invalid any warranty.
    "Check yourself before you wreck yourself!" :thumbup:

Choose "analog delay" it let you specify in mS. the tap delays are (as far as i can make out) "tap" delays.
    obviously the ratio determines the fraction, ie, quaver, crotchet, etc.
    correct me if i'm wrong- info based on what i can remember... :/

i had this concern when racking up my KPA. there is many ventilation slots on the rack KPA which made me think it needs plenty of air-flow. However, i think this is mainly to allow airflow for the powered version, which i would expect to generate a bit of heat.
    I suppose avoiding the obvious, ie, racking it directly above a heat-emitting unit would be common sense, other wise it appears safe to squeeze it in a rack as it is a cool unit, (in both senses of the word!)

I would have thought it logical that recalling the same slot as is already loaded would reset to the saved state rather than completely reload rig data that is already held in the buffer. I guess this would be classed as "operator error" too? Seems like unnecessary processing that recalling a slot repeatedly causes clicks as I'd expect there to be no change to the signal processing path. I'm sure there are credible reasons why it works like it does. Might be time to compile a list of things/functions "possible but not recommended" with the KPA. Suppose we need to bare in mind that there will always be human error, whether from a software designer or the end operator. A few safety fences put in place might keep idiots like me trespassing where I shouldn't :/

Curious to know how others get on trying this:
    i mentioned this in another thread but wanted to address this particular issue by itself.
    if I change slot (in performance mode v2.7) quicker than 3 times per second I get nasty clicks crackles and some sound drop-outs.
    i spoke to support about this and they say it's an "operator error" which ok, fair enough, normally wouldn't happen in gig conditions. However, I'm sure we've all hit the wrong button from time to time and had to quickly follow up with corrective action (ie instantly jumping on the intended button)
    I never noticed this in v2.5 and so have reverted back to 2.5 and the problem ceases to exist. It could be there is more data being transferred in v2.7, I dunno.

if anyone could do a speed test to see the maximum slot changes per second before they hear nasties I'd appreciate to learn of your findings.

part of me wonders if there are minor hardware variations between units or perhaps the history of firmware changes applied to a kpa unit has an affect on the current workings of that particular KPA. I spoke to a couple of other KPA owners and their experience of this varies between units.
    thanks to anyone that shares their findings here.

thanks for the heads up. nice to know its not just me.
    Not something that is critical but worth others knowing and something for everyone to check following a restore, just to make sure all is in order.

out of interest, have you noticed any other similar quirks following a restore?

I done a restore from a recent backup and the output settings were not restored, in particular the headphone link option got disabled and the set levels.
    i also noticed one of my stomps was locked which i dont recall locking manually.
    it was a backup made in v2.5 restored to a 2.5 OS

Anyone else noticed anything like this?

Hi Raoul, i've followed your issue that you have raised over the past few weeks and i read and seen what others have to say. I have experienced the little pops between patch changes, as you did, but it didn't bother me enough to make a fuss. Not that i think you are making a fuss, i think you are right and I appreciate your situation and that for many users it is a problem.
    I installed 2.7 yesterday and although the small pops/clicks between patch changes seemed less apparent there were horrible big drop outs and nasty crackles, as i mentioned, when i change patches more than 3 times per second. This was unacceptable and i have just gone back to v2.5 as there is nothing "extra" that i feel can gain with this update. I just hope loading in an older firmware doesn't cause any problems. ?(

To answer your question, the snap/crackle/pop drop out is as i press the prog change button via midi. Something is still not right here.