Posts by minorseventh

just an update on this older thread:
    Ive learned to use my KPA better these days. Ive been having tons of fun and getting much better results all around, and...
    the 2 profiles (as per my original topic for this thread) in question STILL SUCK!!!! even worse now that I have learned to tweak better.

all profiles are not created equal. but all commercial sellers should have free samples!

most software companies let us try before we buy. a couple sample profiles sure would be nice to let us know what we are getting into.

sorry for another one of these. Ive been trying for hours, literally. I have searched the forum, and done most everything I could find or think of, and its just not happening.
    I have reinstalled the drivers, the entire program a few times, replaced the USB cable, and switched ports. restarted the computer.. looked into the MSN help pages... gotten massively frustrated....
    its a crappy old vista PC which doesnt help matters. is there anything else I can do to get the rig manager to synch up with the Kemper?

thanks for the replies!
    I spent about 30 minutes last night on one of the profiles and got it to sound passable at least, but still it sounds nothing like the clip or the actual amp for that matter (one of which I owned many years ago). I accept that theres bound to be some tweaking with nearly every profile, but these are ridiculous considering the hundreds of free profiles that sound better out of the box. I was thinking that its user error, because I am not a KPA expert at all... but now Im kind of thinking I SHOULDNT HAVE TO BE AN EXPERT to get a decent tone!! I mean, thats why I purchased a profile in the first place right?!
    anyway. Im just going to move on, and be glad I didnt pay for a whole pack.

on the positive side, I have learned how to tweak a little more. the cabinet character settings can really make a dramatic change. and Ive learned that I really dont like too much definition. (these were cranked all the way when freshly loaded, and they got a little less painful when turned down).

I've only had my KPA for a couple weeks, and due to my recent work schedule I have not been able to give it the time I need to properly figure this thing out.
    I've been combing the rig exchange and found a few good profiles I like, and I bought about 8 profiles from The Amp Factory and they are excellent. With minimal adjustments Im getting some really fantastic tones.
    Now my problem is that last night I bought 2 more profiles from a vendor I found on this forum, and I hate to say it, but they really kind of suck.

The demo clips on the website blew me away, and I was REALLY hoping that the profiles would come close. Or at the very least provide a foundation to sculpt a tone with. These however are just painfully bright and with a cocked wah sound that I cant seem to dial out. I managed to get chords and lower notes sounding semi chunky, but as soon as I bent a high note it sounded like my guitar was made of angry bees.

With my limited Kemper skills, I have tried to adjust the definition control, and the eq of course, but Im not sure what to try next.

If they were free Id just delete them and forget about it, but I spent 14 dollars and Id like to at least have one useable profile out of the bunch!! Also, I probably should actually learn how to use this fancy toaster. :huh:

any tips for tweakers?