Posts by ChrisRon

Hi,

verkaufe meinen Kemper. Das gute Stück wurde vor einem Jahr gekauft und war nur zuhause im Einsatz, von daher keinerlei Gebrauchsspuren. Funktioniert einwandfrei! Das ein oder andere Profile Pack ist auch dabei.

Kann gerne in Gießen oder in der Nähe von Heidelberg angespielt werden.

Hier der link zur eBay Kleinanzeige, da ich kein Bild einfügen konnte...

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/a…ack-bk-/336184832-74-8253

1350€

Viele Grüße

I tried many of the profiles posted here and I think the Bulb Rhythm Patch sounds pretty awesome and comes closest to the sound I have in mind.

I put together a quick riff to see how it sounds in the mix with bass:

https://soundcloud.com/anselmo1/testtesttest

Maybe you guys would like to give it a quick listen and say what you think about it sound-wise and what I could do better. The riff was just noodling, so please no hating if you don't
    like it :D

Daniel: I tried your profile and it sounds pretty cool!

Cheers!

Agreed on trying the TAPP & the Merrow profiles. Also take a look at your pickups- that BK Juggernaut pickup is seemingly instant djent no matter what amp you use!

Hmmm...don't know about changing the pickups. Got EMG 707's in my guitar and I'm quite satisfied with them :) Can't imagine it will make that big of a difference.

Ok ok, so I definitely learned that the huge sound comes from a proper mix in the studio :)

But how do I get that sound on stage? I mean, I can do a lot of tweaking and stuff in home, but will the sound still be "huge" when I play live?

So, thank you guys for your answers so far!

DonPetersen: Thanks for your tips. I have the Keith Merrow Rig Pack, but to be honest, I don't like his sounds too much...and no, I didn't read the stuff about the impossibility of tweaking a Kemper in an AxeFx Forum, if that's what you mean ;)

Hannes: I bought a package from The Amp Factory with some 5150 profile, who all sound pretty good. But I'll maybe check out the one you told me.

mikenothing: thanks for the profile tips! I'll try them today!

I'm not looking for AxeFx tone. In that case, I would've bought one.

I tried many of those profiles, and they don't sound bad at all. But my approach here was to try to create something a little bit own.

Best,
    Chris

Hi everybody,

since I got the Kemper, I'm on the lookout for the best Djent/Modern metal kind of tone to get. When I talk about Djent (I actually don't like that word, but everybody involved in that kind of music just knows what sound it is), I'm talking about tone in the likes of Periphery/Meshuggah/Monuments and so on...

I tried many many profiles, but so far, none of them could really please me. Most of the time, the problem for me was that they do have the metallic/lots of treble sound, but they all just sound like they come right out of a tin of tomato soup. They just don't sound as huge as they should (nor do they in the mix, when recorded. I tried it with many of them)

So, I thought I could just try to create my own sound, which I heard is not really common and actually not possible with a Kemper and rather an AxeFx kind of thing (that's at least what I read several times).

I started with getting an EVH 5150 profile from the amp factory for the right amp to start with. The signal chain was something like this:

Gate>Compressor>Green Scream>Amp>EQ

I did a lot of tweaking and for once I came a little close to the pursued sound. But it still was just shitty to be honest.

So here my actually concern: To all the Kemper/AxeFx/what ever device tone nerds. Maybe you could help me out by sharing tips of how to adjust the settings for each component. Which amp would be the best, what else to consider. Which set ups for each pedals etc.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with such a concern and maybe this kind of thread could avoid future threads about asking how to get this djent tone (there the word is again, sorry)

I also hope this thread could be used to generally exchange tips on how to create and tweak your own profiles, no matter which genre of music and tone. I don't think I saw any other thread regarding such a topic. But again, maybe you guys say as well that this is just not possible with a Kemper. In that case I'm sorry for the long text.

All the best,
    Chris

Can only speak for Germany, but here it should be out already. Nevertheless, all the online music stores either can't deliver it at the moment or don't have it in stock...

As you were speaking about the Input light going red. I recognized that no matter which profile I play, clean or heavily distorted and no matte if the volume is turned low or way up, the light always clips (goes from green to red). Sure I know it's about how hard I hit the strings, but shouldn't it stay green when I play with the volume turned real low?

Meanwhile, I guess it's a grounding issue of the room/house where I was.

I'm now at my room in the city where I study and have the same setup with Kemper, Interface, Monitors, Laptop and don't get any shocks..gotta get that checked at my home.