Posts by pcerrone

Ok, so I inadvertently left a cord plugged into my send on amp head. I unplugged that, and now from left output to amp, I have normal signal. All the shitty amp modeling that came with this thing, and my... redundant profiles. Lol now HOW... do I get the chorus/reverb/delay to my effects loop? To the back side. All of you rock. Please help

I sent that before your response. Sorry about that. How do I assign the effects to loop? I know that sounds stupid, but the manuals don't really tell you, and I really haven't dug deep into the profiler. I profiled my amps and went digital into my desk. That's as far as I've got.

Finally... I was being a bit facetious. I'm not computer illiterate, and I've updated my Kemper a bunch, but it wasn't a priority until now. I'd like to use the thing, but it has to make sense. Any suggestions on how to go forward? The amp has so much saturation, I don't really need the distortion stomps. I would like to use the reverbs and delays in the effects loop though. How?

Hey dudes. Had my Kemper for about 7 years. Used it to record with, and it's been great. It's a rack mount no power. Bought a foot controller about a year ago, and haven't used it. Now, I'm wanting to buy some pedals and figured I spent 2500 on this, so screw it. I'm trying to use it as effects, live.. I have a jj Jr and 2/12 cab. I tried the 4 cord method and got my amp, with no volume control at either end, including my amp. I tried left output, then direct output to amp input and got effects but zero headroom. How the heck do I hook this thing up. Help. Lol I've been a frequent stalker of the forum, but never chimed in, and appreciate all of you guys and your valuable information. But other than profiling my amps, and recording at 3 am with headphones, I know very little about this apparatus.

Hey Paults. Thanks for responding. Yes. It has to be. Gets clicks and pops if it isn't set on vs. It sounds good....don't get me wrong. Just not "great." And it stands out in the mix. Any special tricks you use to sort of "blend" it better? Without using effects of course. I'm talking about basic crunchy rythm tracks here. If I want to add effects later is great. I just want good, clean rythm tracks that don't have that mid rangy tone. Thanks for welcoming me, by the way. Glad to be here. Actually looking to be schooled on our really cool device.

.....should also say...I am using the factory programs. I have a couple of my own that I juiced just a little, but for the most part have that same mid range sound. I actually had other guitars recorded from a Marshall 1987x plexi, into a Palmer pdi 03, but hated killing my head like that, so bought the Kemper. I actually inverted my phasing on the Palmer recordings, and that helped a little, but still, the Kemper recordings stand out, and not in a good way.

Hi all. I am new to this forum, but not new to using the Kemper, or recording. I am using the Kempers digital out into a VS2480, and have been for about 3 or 4 months. I've only recorded about 3 hours worth of guitars so far, but I've notice the digital out is not warm, or fitting into the mix well. It's got a very "midrangy" feel and sound to it, that I can't really eq out, even on track channel eq's. I've tried dropping the mids on the Kemper, and still then get a very.... ticky tacky, over compression type sound, that just isn't right. I have a decent RME converter that I really don't want to use, because I don't want 2 conversions on my front end, if I can help it. Honestly....my POD xt live sounded and seated better in the mix, than my 2000 dollar Kemper, and it's kind of pissing me off. Has anyone else experienced this, and can anybody help? I'm Pat, by the way, and I'm glad to be finally a part of this forum. Thanks