How to use this thing for effects only.

• Hey dudes. Had my Kemper for about 7 years. Used it to record with, and it's been great. It's a rack mount no power. Bought a foot controller about a year ago, and haven't used it. Now, I'm wanting to buy some pedals and figured I spent 2500 on this, so screw it. I'm trying to use it as effects, live.. I have a jj Jr and 2/12 cab. I tried the 4 cord method and got my amp, with no volume control at either end, including my amp. I tried left output, then direct output to amp input and got effects but zero headroom. How the heck do I hook this thing up. Help. Lol I've been a frequent stalker of the forum, but never chimed in, and appreciate all of you guys and your valuable information. But other than profiling my amps, and recording at 3 am with headphones, I know very little about this apparatus.

Edited 3 times, last by pcerrone ().

• I'm assuming that the Kemper input should be able to handle the send from your loop, since I often run gain pedals before the Kemper.

You definitely would need to disable the Amp and Cab sections because you have those.

I would try:

Guitar--Amp--Loop Send--Kemper Input--Kemper Monitor Out (mono)--Loop Return

• Finally... I was being a bit facetious. I'm not computer illiterate, and I've updated my Kemper a bunch, but it wasn't a priority until now. I'd like to use the thing, but it has to make sense. Any suggestions on how to go forward? The amp has so much saturation, I don't really need the distortion stomps. I would like to use the reverbs and delays in the effects loop though. How?

Edited once, last by pcerrone ().

• Getting the levels right might be the trick. The Input parameters on the Kemper may enable you to prevent any unwanted distortion.

Also the Output volume could be adding to the signal.

You want the volume coming out of the speakers to be about the same with or without the Kemper in the loop.

• I sent that before your response. Sorry about that. How do I assign the effects to loop? I know that sounds stupid, but the manuals don't really tell you, and I really haven't dug deep into the profiler. I profiled my amps and went digital into my desk. That's as far as I've got.

• Finally... I was being a bit factious. I'm not computer illiterate, and I've updated my Kemper a bunch, but it wasn't a priority until now. I'd like to use the thing, but it has to make sense. Any suggestions on how to go forward? The amp has so much saturation, I don't really need the distortion stomps. I would like to use the reverbs and delays in the effects loop though. How?

So did you try Guitar--Amp--Loop Send--Kemper Input--Kemper Monitor Out (mono)--Loop Return and nothing?

• Ok, so I inadvertently left a cord plugged into my send on amp head. I unplugged that, and now from left output to amp, I have normal signal. All the shitty amp modeling that came with this thing, and my... redundant profiles. Lol now HOW... do I get the chorus/reverb/delay to my effects loop? To the back side. All of you rock. Please help

• Finally took care of that. He is the best! Guitar into amp, amp send from effects loop to front of Kemper, return from return of Kemper to return of amp on effects loop!! I owe you big. That is how you play that, homies!